Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Black Hammer

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Picked it up, but haven’t read it yet. What did you think?
    It was just okay, I always love new developments within this world- and it was stylish. Just didnt really do anything for me.

Maybe it'll pick up with #2.

So, looks like there is a Black Hammer and Justice League crossover coming! Interesting!

The five-issue series, Black Hammer/Justice League: Hammer of Justice will be written by Black Hammer co-creator (and former Justice League United writer) Jeff Lemire, with art from Michael Walsh, and feature the heroes of both the DC and Black Hammer universes having to deal with the arrival of a mysterious stranger, the warping of reality and the mind-controlling threat known as Starro.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    So, looks like there is a Black Hammer and Justice League crossover coming! Interesting!

The five-issue series, Black Hammer/Justice League: Hammer of Justice will be written by Black Hammer co-creator (and former Justice League United writer) Jeff Lemire, with art from Michael Walsh, and feature the heroes of both the DC and Black Hammer universes having to deal with the arrival of a mysterious stranger, the warping of reality and the mind-controlling threat known as Starro.
    Whaaaaat. Awesome!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Anybody get around to reading '45 today?
    I read it. i was disappointed with the art. I could have enjoyed the visuals in a different context, but I feel it was a bad fit for this story.

So, did we all just lose interest?

I'm still reading Black Hammer '45 and Age of Doom. I haven't read today's Age of Doom #10 yet. '45 isn't bad but I think it's my least favorite Black Hammer series so far.

I wouldn't say I've lost interest in it but it isn't the first book I'm reaching for after I've picked up my pull from my LCS anymore. I've got the 3 issues of '45 but haven't read them yet. I still haven't read the last 2 issues of Quantum Age either. I'll be picking up the Justice League crossover. Hopefully that'll be a better one of the books away from the main series.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Personally, I haven't lost interest; and still enjoy the main series. But I'm just way behind on my reading because home-life is kind of crazy-busy these days.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

I guess it’s felt pretty quiet in this thread. I’m curious where it’s going, but I kind of assume we’re coming to the end.

I have no interest in the JLA crossover, and the main story seems to be wrapping up. 45 didn’t really interest me, either.

I haven't lost interest. I'm reading the main book in TBPs so I'm a bit behind on Age of Doom.

I liked Quantum Age enough.

One issue left in Age of Doom. Definitely an end coming, but there seem to be plans for the Black Hammer universe after AoD.

I really enjoyed the DC crossover book, which I wasn’t really excited about at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    One issue left in Age of Doom. Definitely an end coming, but there seem to be plans for the Black Hammer universe after AoD.

I really enjoyed the DC crossover book, which I wasn’t really excited about at all.
    How's Age of Doom been holding up? I'm looking forward to reading it.

I got the JL crossover issue, do you guys think this should be read as a separate thing to the overall narrative of the BHU?

The JLU reads as entirely separate. I don't know how it could properly fit in the regular continuity. It takes a specific moment in the series, and diverges from there.

Age of Doom has been alright. It's not as good as the original 12 issues, if you ask me. It diverges from the main narrative a lot, and I guess for reasons, but it seems a little scattered as a whole. I guess it's really going to come down to what follows.

I have faith in Lemire. He seems to have this all pretty well mapped out. He hasn't really disappointed me yet.

I did not like the ending.

Anyone else have any thoughts on it? The conversation has definitely dropped off on this book. To be fair, I don't really have much to say about the ending.

So the ending got all of zero comments. Did people just not care, or are you all trade waiting?