Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Hammer

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    This book's been fantastic. This was another great issue, poking a little fun at comics history. Gives a little more insight into Abe and his motives.

The mystery is definitely intriguing...
    It looks like Abe prefers this prison to "real world" that he was getting out of touch with.

Fantastic Member

The story is progressing real nicely so far. Has Lemire said about for how long it will run?

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

A must read book I think. Royal City has been great too!

Quote Originally Posted by new_onslaught View Post
    The story is progressing real nicely so far. Has Lemire said about for how long it will run?
    I'm not 100%, but I think he said that there isn't set amount of issues planned. Besides they announced spin-offs now, so to me it kinda feels like Dark Horse wants to turn this into another Hellboy universe.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I'm not 100%, but I think he said that there isn't set amount of issues planned. Besides they announced spin-offs now, so to me it kinda feels like Dark Horse wants to turn this into another Hellboy universe.
    Thanks for the info. I don't know how I feel about this prospect. I don't like the idea of it dragging and dropping in quality in favour of more issues. I would prefer it to end on a high note.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by new_onslaught View Post
    Thanks for the info. I don't know how I feel about this prospect. I don't like the idea of it dragging and dropping in quality in favour of more issues. I would prefer it to end on a high note.
    Same here.

I recall him saying about 24 or so issues for the main series.

I like the spin offs as mini series, exploring the world. He's definitely built enough in 12 issues, as long as he doesn't just farm them out to other writers, there's a lot to be mined here. I especially like the idea of exploring the villains.

Anyway, David Rubin steps in for another great issue outside the main storyline. I'm looking forward to him taking on the first spin off. He's been great!

Best comic on the market right now (after Walking Dead)

I recommend it

I agree. There has been no drop off in quality, and I am eager to see spin-offs.
    Give me Brexit or give me death.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Another great issue and I will pick up spin offs. I guess I have to read Starman.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    A must read book I think. Royal City has been great too!
    I dropped the Royal City monthlies after the first trade cut off. I just couldn't get into it. But I might give the 2nd trade a chance down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRA View Post
    I agree. There has been no drop off in quality, and I am eager to see spin-offs.
    I will be getting all the spinoffs too. I'm curious to learn more about this world. Black Hammer continues to be one of my favorite titles every month.

Quote Originally Posted by daningotham View Post
    I dropped the Royal City monthlies after the first trade cut off. I just couldn't get into it. But I might give the 2nd trade a chance down the road.
    Same here, dropped Royal City after first arc. No plans to pick up future trades.

Switched to trades on Black Hammer after first arc; with nearly all floppies prices at $3.99 or more I'm now trade waiting anything that doesnt have back matter (back matter akin to Lazarus, Bitch Planet, etc and not a single page of 'thoughts' from author or editor). Very much enjoying Black Hammer and looking forward to reading the second trade.

I've only just caught up with last month's issue. Still loving this book. I didn't realise it was going on a break until early next year after this week's issue. I thought Sherlock Frankenstein might have been released alongside it rather than in place of it. I'm looking forward to this spin off though
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

I'm really looking forward to it. I think they're giving Dean a chance to get ahead. It seems the next arc will be pretty important, so him drawing all of it seems imperative.

REally looking forward to the spin off, though. Loving Rubin's work on the preview!