BANNED

Default Justice League vs. Suicide Squad 2 spoilers

the dust settles after the required fight and now we are getting the team up. Amanda and batman whisper sweet nothings after predictably he escapes from bell reeves where the league are being imprisoned.Amanda reveals the threat of Maxwells team through a black box to the league after freeing them and tells them they are coming at bell reeves for her so they must save her. Much laughter ensues with batman having a silly smirk on his face transforming him from cool escape artist to that dork. Katana and flag retrieve the black box from the prison where max and his team are incarcerated. Max and his band of merry nightmares invade a warrior shaman tribe and take some mystic artifact which has some nefarious purpose.They then invade bell reive prison thus setting up the clash and first encounter of superman and lord post new 52 and rebirth. Amanda reveals the reason they are working as a team namely they were the first squad before renaming themselves nightmare army or whatever.

Max is probably trying to use Eclipso to control all people on the planet. There seems to be a cover where the justice league is under the control of Eclipso.

Jeez Batman, the Suicide Squad isn't that bad, are they? It's not like you haven't let Harley to her own devices in her own book. It makes me wonder why he'll agree to let Frost join the JLA...

The Flash. Making Captain Boomerang look like a fool since the 60's .

I liked the moment between Superman and Killer Frost, where Clark tried to appeal to Caitlin's good side and Frost mentioned how inspirational she found him. We're getting more and more teases to her leaving the Squad and becoming a hero .

Superman was the only member of the League who seemed to recognize Lord, violently so, which makes it seems like he still vividly remembers what Lord did in the Post-Crisis universe.

Superdad is from pre flashpoint before pre flashpoint evaporated so it is understandable that superdad remembers the pre flashpoint max lord.

BANNED

On the other hand, we now know Waller is rubbish at extending olive branches. Kinda Damian-ish.

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    Superdad is from pre flashpoint before pre flashpoint evaporated so it is understandable that superdad remembers the pre flashpoint max lord.
    Means he also remembers what Diana did to him

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    On the other hand, we now know Waller is rubbish at extending olive branches. Kinda Damian-ish.

Waller has always been aweful at asking for help

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Desean101101 View Post
    Waller has always been aweful at asking for help
    True, and quite like Damian it always boils down to similar if a bit more extreme options:
    In Wallers case it starts with a question: Are you a criminal?
    If yes, then you already have a bomb in your skull and you are going to do as you are told unless you want it to go off.
    If no, then you are just damn lucky I haven't put a bomb in your skull, but I can change my mind about that.

Extraordinary Member

This was good. Very enjoyable from cover to cover.

Kind of felt like nothing happened looking back at it, but it sets the stage for the second half of the story pretty well.

Oh, and check out Justice League #12 this week for a tie-in to this story. Very interesting Max Lord centric story.

BANNED

it seems that two of each teams will take on one member of Max's team. Still it seems a bit of mismatch as Max's team seem to have all the big guns.Dr. polaris,Johnny Sorrow, Lobo and lord have the potential to take on both teams singlehandedly and winning. they will be mopping the floor with all the wannabes of SS unless there is occ or wis.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    it seems that two of each teams will take on one member of Max's team. Still it seems a bit of mismatch as Max's team seem to have all the big guns.Dr. polaris,Johnny Sorrow, Lobo and lord have the potential to take on both teams singlehandedly and winning. they will be mopping the floor with all the wannabes of SS unless there is occ or wis.
    Yeah, the teaser with Lord's team had hints at the League/Squad pairings in the background behind each villain (aside from Lord himself).

I'd LOVE to see them finally correct the mistake of Superman being a massive douche nozzle to Diana during IC and tell her flat out that he understands now what "his" Diana had to do. Of course it'd mean more once Diana gets her memories back too, but it'd be a cool chance to take the opportunity to fix Superman and Batman's naïve and idiotic "line we can't cross" stance and bull crap judgmental behavior towards her during that story.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-04-2017 at 09:08 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Don't you mean, what Diana did for him?

Fantastic Member sustainentropy's Avatar

I see this ending with Killer Frost and Lobo switching sides, possibly after Lobo realises he's being mentally pushed. Great issue. It got a bad wrap from a couple of review sites for over exposition, but I really enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'd LOVE to see them finally correct the mistake of Superman being a massive douche nozzle to Diana during IC and tell her flat out that he understands now what "his" Diana had to do. Of course it'd mean more once Diana gets her memories back too, but it'd be a cool chance to take the opportunity to fix Superman and Batman's naïve and idiotic "line we can't cross" stance and bull crap judgmental behavior towards her during that story.
    Indeed! Max Lord was the "Black Swan" exception to that rule!

(Not that, in the end, that it did any good ... )

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Jeez Batman, the Suicide Squad isn't that bad, are they? It's not like you haven't let Harley to her own devices in her own book. It makes me wonder why he'll agree to let Frost join the JLA...

The Flash. Making Captain Boomerang look like a fool since the 60's .

I liked the moment between Superman and Killer Frost, where Clark tried to appeal to Caitlin's good side and Frost mentioned how inspirational she found him. We're getting more and more teases to her leaving the Squad and becoming a hero .

Superman was the only member of the League who seemed to recognize Lord, violently so, which makes it seems like he still vividly remembers what Lord did in the Post-Crisis universe.
    they seem to be giving Lobo an out as well. When the group of villains are slaughtering the guards Lobo states that he doesn't kill anyone unless he's paid to do so. it does go along with his old credo of requiring a contract to take someone out but the Main Man was never averse to killing someone for the fun of it. Also Waller says that Lobo allegedly wiped out his home planet. I think we're gonna find out that he didn't actually do it and that it's just something he brags about. it wouldn't make any sense for Batman (or any hero) to recruit a genocidal maniac onto his team.

there should be two different Lobo continuities kind of like how Harley's solo book has loose continuity. if it's the Bisley Lobo he can be the planet destroying mad man but if DC is gonna use him as an "anti-hero" they're gonna have to tone him down to Deadpool and Harley levels of violence. sure he can take out a bunch of bad guys but the cartoonish level of destruction won't work in mainstream continuity if they're putting him on a Justice League team.