Page 1 of 43 1234511 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Default Superman Reborn Solicits: Huzuhbuhwah?

SUPERMAN #18

Written by PETER J. TOMASI and PATRICK GLEASON—Art and cover by PATRICK GLEASON and MICK GRAY —Variant cover by GARY FRANK

“SUPERMAN REBORN” part one! In DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH #1, the enigmatic Mr. Oz told this Superman, “You and your family are not what you believe you are. And neither was the fallen Superman.” Now, in the first Rebirth crossover between SUPERMAN and ACTION COMICS, the shocking truth behind Oz’s words is revealed. It begins with one of Oz’s prisoners escaping, and ends in a tragic moment for Lois and Superman.

* The covers by Patrick Gleason and Mick Gray and the variant covers by Gary Frank for SUPERMAN #18-19 and ACTION COMICS #975-976 will connect to form a single vertical image.

On sale MARCH 1 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

ACTION COMICS #975

Written by DAN JURGENS—Backup story written by PAUL DINI—Art by DOUG MAHNKE and JAIME MENDOZA—Backup story art by IAN CHURCHILL—Cover by PATRICK GLEASON and MICK GRAY—Variant cover by GARY FRANK

“SUPERMAN REBORN” part two! Celebrating our 975th issue with a supersize special as another layer of the Superman/Clark Kent mystery is exposed! And in a backup story written by Paul Dini with art by Ian Churchill, learn what it all means for the Son of Superman, who is the prize in a deadly game!

* The covers by Patrick Gleason and Mick Gray and the variant covers by Gary Frank for SUPERMAN #18-19 and ACTION COMICS #975-976 will connect to form a single vertical image.

#975 on sale MARCH 8 • 48 pg, FC, $3.99 • RATED T

SUPERMAN #19

Written by PETER J. TOMASI and PATRICK GLEASON Art and cover by PATRICK GLEASON and MICK GRAY—Variant cover by GARY FRANK

“SUPERMAN REBORN” part three! In the penultimate chapter of this tale the life of Superman’s son hangs in the balance—and the Man of Steel faces the truth about his life!

On sale MARCH 15 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
    Buh-bye

ACTION COMICS #976

Written by DAN JURGENS—Art by DOUG MAHNKE and JAIME MENDOZA—Cover by PATRICK GLEASON and MICK GRAY—Variant cover by GARY FRANK

“SUPERMAN REBORN” finale! As this epic tale wraps up, Superman’s life is drastically changed…and that’s all we are saying for now—except that you won’t want to miss it!

On sale MARCH 22 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
    Buh-bye

Firstly, this was all courtesy of comicsbeat. Second...holy jeez, was that theory about New 52 Superman being a castoff Electric Superman Red who never really remerged right all along? Because wow. That'd be something. Either way, are we getting the New 52 guy back after all, or a merger ahead of schedule?
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Firstly, this was all courtesy of comicsbeat. Second...holy jeez, was that theory about New 52 Superman being a castoff Electric Superman Red who never really remerged right all along? Because wow. That'd be something. Either way, are we getting the New 52 guy back after all, or a merger ahead of schedule?
    if so then that is a great "ha! in your face, sucker!"

*Brain explodes*

ACTION COMICS #976

Written by DAN JURGENS—Art by DOUG MAHNKE and JAIME MENDOZA—Cover by PATRICK GLEASON and MICK GRAY—Variant cover by GARY FRANK

“SUPERMAN REBORN” finale! As this epic tale wraps up, Superman’s life is drastically changed…and that’s all we are saying for now—except that you won’t want to miss it!

so anyone else noticed the "pat" on n52 superman feet?

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

ACTION COMICS #976

I actually think that was me who proposed the Superman Red/ Blue theory.

Judging from that last cover.... could I be right????
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Huzuhbuhwah? indeed.
    I think that the merger is the most likely aspect, still not sure how to feel about it.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Man, I've got the biggest smile on my face seeing new 52 superman right there. I don't even care if he doesn't appear again.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I actually think that was me who proposed the Superman Red/ Blue theory.

Judging from that last cover.... could I be right????
    Thought it was maybe you, but I wasn't sure so I didn't want to attach your name to it. Seriously, are they going to retcon not just the New 52, but the entire last 20 years of Superman comics as not really starring Superman - or at least, not all of him? That's a degree of boldness (along with stupidity, but that's par for the course) I would genuinely respect on their part. At least whatever the case, this cover sets the two of them up as equals. And that'd explain the reason they brought back the concept for Superwoman, to reacquaint readers; the solicit for Superwoman #8 made clear this'll have immediate reverberations there too.
    Buh-bye

Also, i'm the only one that is afraid of Mr El recieving the same fate that Kal-L, because that's scary likely scenary.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Also, i'm the only one that is afraid of Mr El recieving the same fate that Kal-L, because that's scary likely scenary.
    Doubtful, they're positioning him (or at least his status quo) as The Superman. He might be fusing with New 52 Superman, which I'd be very much good with, but I suspect whatever comes out the other side will look more like the former than the latter.
    Buh-bye

I'm curious as to who 'Clark' is. Could that possibly be Superboy Prime, somehow?
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

Fantastic Member

Holy ****, if New 52 Superman isn't swept aside and they somehow become one, I'm back to reading all of the Superman line.

I hope they somehow explains the two Lois adequately, too.

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

Color me genuinely intrigued. It seems things will finally come to a head in these issues. By seeing the cover for AC #975, I thought of something really crazy: the Superman that returned WAY BACK in 1993 IS NOT THE SAME AS THE ONE WHO DIED AT THE CLAWS OF DOOMSDAY (and that would mean that Manhattan and Oz have been messing with the whole thing for quite a while).

Also, congrats, manofsteel. Your theory regarding Superman Blue and Red, apparently (and much to my chagrin) is correct.

I'm glad too, DragonPiece. But then that joy turns into uncertainty given what it could ultimately mean for New52 Superman.

At any rate, I will be getting these issues.