Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderboy12 View Post
    Which Tim? Future (from Batman Beyond) or present? Either way, I suspect that will play out in the Batman comics, particularly Detective.

My money is on Doomsday. But I'd love to be pleasantly surprised to see Kon-El, the "other" Superboy.
    since dan jurgens is writing this, I could see it being the future one, but at the same time, both of them may merge in this crossover to show it's possible before new 52 and rebirth superman do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderboy12 View Post
    Which Tim? Future (from Batman Beyond) or present? Either way, I suspect that will play out in the Batman comics, particularly Detective.

My money is on Doomsday. But I'd love to be pleasantly surprised to see Kon-El, the "other" Superboy.
    Present day Tim Drake, and Tynion did say that Tim would have a big part to play in Rebirth, and if anyone was to try and escape I'd suspect it would be Tim. Not to mention I really don't want to see Doomsday again after that 6 issue arc in Action.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Well,its probably just a short handed way to nod that particular era. The first two covers have a thematic nostalgic bent. They actually remind me of the covers to Byrne's Man of Steel in a way.

Or... perhaps that silhouette of Clark Kent with the bloody S is not Superman...but a hint that alternative Clark is OG Hank Henshaw.

Remember...Henshaw DID play a role in Superman splitting into RED and BLUE? Coincidence?
    Ah, yes. Yo might be right. After all, he ALSO was part of the whole Death and Return saga back in the nineties. It still strikes me as an odd thing to put in a cover, though. It's too specific to NOT hint at some sort of tie to that story.

Fantastic Member

I am so ready to read this!

I'm curious as to the role of the villains on the Action 975 cover. I'm seeing Solomon Grundy, the Eradicator, the Parasite, Doomsday, the Cyborg Superman, and Lex Luthor, along with what I assume is the "new" Clark. But other than the Eradicator and Doomsday (and Luthor in a different role), these villains have not been part of the Rebirth story for Superman. Grundy had a brief appearance in Batman, but nothing else. Parasite is out of nowhere. The Cyborg has been in Supergirl, but this one has a more classic Henshaw look to the Zor-El version's features (it almost looks like a combo of the two). Business-suit Luthor hasn't been seen for a good while. The Death-S suit is interesting.

Mr. Oz, if he is Ozymandias, has definitely had a change of costume underneath the green cloak.

There are definitely strong hints to a Red/Blue solution to the story, but they have been there since the start with the look of Superwoman. It also matches with the characterizations and color choices in that book - Lois, the more level-headed character, took a blue costume. Lana, the more impetuous, ended up in a dead ringer for Superman Red's suit.

That.... could also be true. The Supermen merge and the Lois' s merge. Still doesn't explain how we got two Lois's in the first place. The two Supermen are fairly easy to explain with the red/blue switcheroo...but not Lois.
    Especially when the two Loises are shown to be completely distinct from each other: the different hair color, different food tastes, etc. This is definitely the big kink remaining in putting the two worlds together.
    Last edited by Truman Burbank; 12-15-2016 at 12:35 PM.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    This would be great if they merged and are both officially Superman. I just wonder how they will handle his origin. Which story is the true year one for Supes? I really hope Grant's t shirt and jeans Superman stays in continuity.
    I hope for a slightly vague origin that we don't have to sped much time on. Since the big Superman celebration is going down soon, I'm hoping for a origin that basically approximates his whole history. Morrison's origin did that to an extent, but I'd rather they just straight up do it like Batman does.

Since this has so much to do with Jon (in terms of him being the "prize") I think it would be cool with we get the "new" origin via bedtime stories. Then when it's all down, just move the f%$k on and continue telling new stories, please.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 666MasterOfPuppets View Post
    Ah, yes. Yo might be right. After all, he ALSO was part of the whole Death and Return saga back in the nineties. It still strikes me as an odd thing to put in a cover, though. It's too specific to NOT hint at some sort of tie to that story.
    Oh there might be a tie back,but I doubt it's anything that will undo or radically change what was published. To have it that the Superman that came back wasn't the real one would be just as bad as having Nuperman be a complete fake. I hope neither is true. The red and blue theory threads the needle in a way that keeps both Supermen canon.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Firstly, this was all courtesy of comicsbeat. Second...holy jeez, was that theory about New 52 Superman being a castoff Electric Superman Red who never really remerged right all along? Because wow. That'd be something. Either way, are we getting the New 52 guy back after all, or a merger ahead of schedule?
    If this is the case, it certainly explains Superwoman's powers.

SUPERWOMAN #8
    Written by PHIL JIMENEZ
    Art by EMANUELA LUPACCHINO and RAY McCARTHY
    Cover by YASMINE PUTRI
    Variant cover by RENATO GUEDES
    “By a Thread”! The super-family rallies around Superwoman as the reason her powers are killing her is revealed, as are her connections to New 52 Superman! The events of “Superman Reborn” will greatly impact the future of Metropolis’ newest hero!
    On sale MARCH 8 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

SUPER SONS #2
    Written by PETER J. TOMASI
    Art and cover by JORGE JIMENEZ
    Variant cover by DUSTIN NGUYEN
    “When I Grow Up” part two! Robin and Superboy—in the clutches of Lex Luthor! The boys are in big trouble! How exactly are they supposed to explain what’s happened to Superman and Batman? Plus, Kid Amazo’s power grows, and this tyrant in the making is about to make life miserable for the Super Sons!
    On sale MARCH 15 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post

ACTION COMICS #976

Written by DAN JURGENS—Art by DOUG MAHNKE and JAIME MENDOZA—Cover by PATRICK GLEASON and MICK GRAY—Variant cover by GARY FRANK

“SUPERMAN REBORN” finale! As this epic tale wraps up, Superman’s life is drastically changed…and that’s all we are saying for now—except that you won’t want to miss it!

* The covers by Patrick Gleason and Mick Gray and the variant covers by Gary Frank for SUPERMAN #18-19 and ACTION COMICS #975-976 will connect to form a single vertical image.

On sale MARCH 22 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
    .... Well, It seems that I can stop my suffering... kill him, forget the character with that facility and questioning everything that happened in N52, was not a good end...

Finally I can have the hope of see the final end of N52 Superman as an honorable person(Possible DC Christmas Gift).. in this great cover..

Many things are better than blaming him for DC fault.. With everything that happened to WW(all false).. N52 Superman was in a dangerous field..
    Last edited by adrikito; 12-15-2016 at 12:46 PM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I hope they just use Morrison's ACTION COMICS as his back story and move on.

Oh there might be a tie back,but I doubt it's anything that will undo or radically change what was published. To have it that the Superman that came back wasn't the real one would be just as bad as having Nuperman be a complete fake. I hope neither is true. The red and blue theory threads the needle in a way that keeps both Supermen canon.
    Yeah, I agree. We'll see what happens. Not long till march, anyway (kinda unbelievable how time flies when you think about it).

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    .... Well, It seems that I can stop my suffering and see the final end of N52 Superman as an honorable person, in this great cover.. With everything that happened to WW(all false) N52 Superman was in a dangerous field..
    And I believe he still is, adrikito. We aren't out of the woods yet.

BTW, it seems I'll be getting that Superwoman issue, too.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Yeah, hadn't noticed until someone pointed it out but the bigger picture of Superman formed by the four covers is wearing the classic suit - you can tell by the belt. Hopefully this'll put an end to the experimentation on that front (and if we are finally returning to that, probably we're getting the merger right away rather than two Superman hanging around; kinda wish we could've see that, but ah well). So long as the better aspects of the New 52 aren't entirely jettisoned, I'm more than good with sorting his continuity out once and for all. And hopefully this'll be Jurgens' swan song on Action - I'd like to see Seeley or Taylor if that's the case.
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by 666MasterOfPuppets View Post
    Nah, remember the pic Snyder showed at Comic-Con. It seems Superman's suit won't be getting any further changes. Also, since they're trying to appeal to a wider audience, and that audience thinks that the trunks on the outside is silly, well...
    True. The suits and stuff were likely already made before Johns got full control, but that then leaves the next Superman movie with no Snyder and an active focus on more brightness. Not saying it will be classic (not even saying that they'll change) but it could be close.

Also I have a hard time trusting the concrete assumptions comics fans have about the wider audience. We used to assume that a wider audience wouldn't want to read about heroes with families, but that ended up not being totally. Before that we used to assume that audiences wouldn't take superheroes seriously if they wore bight colors (see the early 2000s) then Spider-Man shut us up, and the Marvel movies are a thing with talking trees and sh!t. So I'm about done "knowing" what the wider audience wants out of it's funny book heroes. At this point, it could be anything so long as it's quality.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 12-15-2016 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto1996 View Post
    SUPERWOMAN #8
    Written by PHIL JIMENEZ
    Art by EMANUELA LUPACCHINO and RAY McCARTHY
    Cover by YASMINE PUTRI
    Variant cover by RENATO GUEDES
    “By a Thread”! The super-family rallies around Superwoman as the reason her powers are killing her is revealed, as are her connections to New 52 Superman! The events of “Superman Reborn” will greatly impact the future of Metropolis’ newest hero!
    On sale MARCH 8 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
    Likely where they'll tie up the Lois aspects. And the more I think about it the more I think the red and blue stuff is just symbolic, and not the actual story. It's like how Lois and Clark turned to sand.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 12-15-2016 at 12:45 PM.