Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Firstly, this was all courtesy of comicsbeat. Second...holy jeez, was that theory about New 52 Superman being a castoff Electric Superman Red who never really remerged right all along? Because wow. That'd be something. Either way, are we getting the New 52 guy back after all, or a merger ahead of schedule?
    Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I actually think that was me who proposed the Superman Red/ Blue theory.

Judging from that last cover.... could I be right????
    In hindsight, it actually makes a ton of sense...in a bizarre sort of way. New52 Superman was always more aggressive, just like Red-Electric Superman. It would explain why SuperDad's hand print glowed blue when touching New52Supes grave, and when fighting Swamp Thing. Or how Lana ended up having the powers of Red-Electric Superman after New52Supes died. We know that New52-Earth is really Post-Crisis Earth with "10 years missing," which means SuperDad and Lois have to be from this Earth and not an alternate timeline like they thought, so this would reconcile that. So yeah, I can totally picture this crossover have the New 52 Superman return, then he and SuperDad merge by the end.

Also here's crazy idea. What if the normal, powerless Clark Kent actually turns out to be...a brainwashed Superboy Prime? Remember, he did crave an "S" shield on himself during Infinite Crisis...which, of course, also looks similar to how the "S" shield looks on Clark in the second cover.
    Last edited by stillanerd; 12-15-2016 at 12:53 PM.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    True. The suits and stuff were likely already made before Johns got full control, but that then leaves the next Superman movie with no Snyder and an active focus on more brightness. Not saying it will be classic (not even saying that they'll change) but it could be close.
    Oh, also remember that video Snyder released when the filming in London wrapped. We got a glimpse at Cavill wearing that costume.

We'll see, I guess. I dunno, I think going back to the classic suit (as classic and beloved as it is) would be a regression. Nostalgia's good and all, but it's time to move on, at least in some aspects of the character.

Also I have a hard time trusting the concrete assumptions comics fans have about the wider audience. We used to assume that a wider audience wouldn't want to read about heroes with families, but that ended up not being totally. Before that we used to assume that audiences wouldn't take superheroes seriously if they wore bight colors (see the early 2000s) then Spider-Man shut us up, and the Marvel movies are a thing with talking trees and sh!t. So I'm about done "knowing" what the wider audience wants out of it's funny book heroes. At this point, it could be anything so long as it's quality.
    Point taken. And yeah, we could end up getting some Silver Age craziness (putting nostalgia aside for a moment). But I mentioned because I've read and heard about that particular detail being something people outside the comic books (and even people who read them regularly) tend to laugh about and mock. Granted, they should NOT judge the character for that, but here we are. And I guess that if changing the suit so the trunks disappear, making Superman look "edgier", helps DC bring more people into the movie theaters, they'll do it.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Yeah, hadn't noticed until someone pointed it out but the bigger picture of Superman formed by the four covers is wearing the classic suit - you can tell by the belt. Hopefully this'll put an end to the experimentation on that front (and if we are finally returning to that, probably we're getting the merger right away rather than two Superman hanging around; kinda wish we could've see that, but ah well). So long as the better aspects of the New 52 aren't entirely jettisoned, I'm more than good with sorting his continuity out once and for all. And hopefully this'll be Jurgens' swan song on Action - I'd like to see Seeley or Taylor if that's the case.
    would be music to my ears, but he was making it sound like he wants to stay to issue 1000 in those first few rebirth interviews.

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Also here's crazy idea. What if the normal, powerless Clark Kent actually turns out to be...a brainwashed Superboy Prime? Remember, he did crave on "S" shield on himself during Infinite Crisis...which, of course also looks similar to how the S shield looks on Clark in the second cover.
    Crap, I had forgotten about that. Good call.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by 666MasterOfPuppets View Post
    And I believe he still is, adrikito. We aren't out of the woods yet.

BTW, it seems I'll be getting that Superwoman issue, too.
    Like others I see the red/blue energy of these 2.. something like blue/red superman..

Yes... I understand that... I will wait until all this ends.. Believe in that doesn´t mean follow superdad... only hate less superdad..

I just ask for an honorable end(I say that I know this is the end of N52 Superman).. nothing more..
    Last edited by adrikito; 12-15-2016 at 01:07 PM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

So how do you guys think new 52 superman even comes back? Will they bring Lois back at the same time? I mean, before they merge by the way.

So how do you guys think new 52 superman even comes back? Will they bring Lois back at the same time? I mean, before they merge by the way.
    They are Mr Oz prisioners.
    Well that's my theory anyway

Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

And I believe he still is, adrikito. We aren't out of the woods yet.

BTW, it seems I'll be getting that Superwoman issue, too.
    I have to believe Kal is out of the woods, and will be back while also working with Superdad. as they attempt to discover whether Nu52 Superman and the deceased Nu52 Lois' home reality is still existant or not. before both the younger and older Supermen find out Nu52 Kal-El is stranded (actually stranded, not like Superdad's situation where he only thought he and his family were stuck in a different reality) on New/Prime Earth.

It's what both Supermen would have wanted of us if they were real, unfortunately. we're "stuck" with only Superboy-Prime.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

We'll see, I guess. I dunno, I think going back to the classic suit (as classic and beloved as it is) would be a regression. Nostalgia's good and all, but it's time to move on, at least in some aspects of the character.
    Again, not saying that it will have to straight up be the classic suit. I really doubt the movies would do that given the fact that their is no set precedent for the look in a world where Superman first had the MOS look. But something brighter and more evocative of the classic look is well within the cards given that Johns is at the head.

Point taken. And yeah, we could end up getting some Silver Age craziness (putting nostalgia aside for a moment). But I mentioned because I've read and heard about that particular detail being something people outside the comic books (and even people who read them regularly) tend to laugh about and mock. Granted, they should NOT judge the character for that, but here we are. And I guess that if changing the suit so the trunks disappear, making Superman look "edgier", helps DC bring more people into the movie theaters, they'll do it.
    What's funny is most of the mocking is started and even perpetuated by comic fans in the know. It's almost like someone with low self esteem making a joke about themselves before anyone else has the chance to. So it becomes a case of "oh they're laughing with me, not at me." Nah bruh, it's at you because of you. And it's not even totally the comic book fans fault. In our quest to be liked and legitimized we put out a bit of self shaming. Now we're holding on for dear life to the tentative acceptance and popularity we enjoy currently. But I don't know to much since I'm only 23 and have only been legit reading comics for like 8(ish) years. I don't know "the struggle" for real.

Maybe DC just whips in out on the table, the classic suit straight up comes back, and DC crosses their arms and says "deal with it, mah dude is turning 80?" Maybe it's just symbolic of the whole and correct Superman? Maybe he just continues to wear the Rebirth suit? Maybe they say f%^k it, and he straight up we're the MOS suit? Hell if I know. Superman's in a pretty good position right. It's not like Pre-Rebirth or just before the New 52. This is the first time I can think of that a big sweeping change is basically done on Superman's terms, and not the crowd booing him off stage waiting for the next act.

Interesting times.

Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

Anyway, I'l be getting the trade once I've fully caught up on both New 52 Superman (especially Truth/Savage and Final Days) stories and Superman: Lois and Clark.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    would be music to my ears, but he was making it sound like he wants to stay to issue 1000 in those first few rebirth interviews.
    Clearly that's his hope, but man is it not mine. Fine, give him the book for a bit for nostalgia points, but c'mon, not #1000. This would be a fine place for him to end it - writing the crossover that sorts everything out and brings back the classic suit via one of his own concepts, and also he gets to write the extra-sized #975 for a 19-issue run. That's a perfectly dignified exit.
    Buh-bye

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Theory: Mr. Oz is a future version of Jon. Since most appearances of him seem to center around Superman. He also has some connection to Dr. Manhattan. I'm just glad this all gets resolves sooner rather than later.
    Assassinate Putin!

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Theory: Mr. Oz is a future version of Jon. Since most appearances of him seem to center around Superman. He also has some connection to Dr. Manhattan. I'm just glad this all gets resolves sooner rather than later.
    Interesting...I've had that notion too,but I still think it's more likely he's either Lord V from Morrison's run or Mxy or even Post Crisis Lex if he isn't Ozmandys full stop.

I'm just glad this plot point is progressing. My fear was they were never going to address this whole situation. There were some statements early on that made me wonder if this was going to be a cut and dried paste job and that was were it was going to end up.

Oh and I so want that Action #976 cover as a poster.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    That reminds me of that Adventures of Superman issue where a time lord sort of guy comes looking for Superman. He says that he has to let a kid die or something like that because the kid grows up to be the absolute worst ever. In the future the kid destroys everything or whatever, but he remembers the words of his father, and he goes back in time to make it right. The kid is the time lord guy, and Superman is his dad.

I've been asking for a future/possible future version of Jon to show up in Superman and Super Sons regularly ala Franklin Richards in FF and F4, so I think I'd be down with that. Then it could all end with Oz/"dark future" Jon fading away, and then a bit down the road we get "good future" Jon. Makes sense since it all seems to tie into the Legion in someway. Also could set up some young Clark and Jon legion stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Thematically it makes sense for a lot of reasons.

2017 is the 20th anniversary of the Electro Superman saga. I think March 1997 was the month Supes went electric. This is March 2017 solcits.

The Superman Red/Blue saga is sited as the moment the Post Crisis Superman jumped the shark. About a year after this story wrapped we saw the long time creative team that had been in place for most of the 90s off the books and the start of the long decade of shaky ground for the character.

If the Supermen were incomplete all along , that explains in story Pre FLASHPOINT Superman lacking huzpah and Nuperman being a jerk at times. (We know the real cause was just poor writing but it would be cool in a way to explain Superman walking America and Nuperman serving up Lois as a meal to Parasite. They weren't exactly themselves.)

It validates BOTH characters and ALL the events of the last 20 years up through the entire New 52. Superdad is Superman . Nuperman is Superman. They are both Superman and their adventures all mattered and counted. All the conflicting origin stories and retcons? It's all because the universe is trying accommodate the incomplete Superman.

It resolves the whole mystery of the nature of both Supermen and fully integrates Superdad back into the fabric of the current earth while not completely resolving EVERYTHING. I still think we have some other developments and twists coming between ACTION #975 and 1000. We will likely now get like,50 issues worth of comics between Superman and ACTION with both Supermen around co existing. I anticipate that ACTION #1000 will not only end this whole mega arc with one complete Superman...in time for the end of this REBIRTH mega story across the DCU,but celebrating Superman's 80th birthday.

Of course it's all speculation at this point...but so far that's served me well! Lol
    Geez people act like Nuperman was trying to kill Lois. Remember he's read very medical jornal and textbook in Metropolis. Aren't the use of leeches a viable medical procedure even in this day and age? Isn't the Parasite just another type of Leech?