Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I could be wrong and this wraps everything up neat and tidy. If so I'm ok with that.However a part of me really wants to see the two Supermen interact and have some adventures together. It was the most disappointing part of the whole Last Days arc that all we got was like a total of maybe two or three pages where they interacted. I also would dig a few adventures with Jon hanging around with his " uncle" Nuperman just for laughs!
    But Kara and Clark were not close pre-52 that even brattier version of her would rather hang with the Bat clan then her cousin.

BANNED

Colour me very intrigued! Can't wait for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Truman Burbank View Post
    I am so ready to read this!

I'm curious as to the role of the villains on the Action 975 cover. I'm seeing Solomon Grundy, the Eradicator, the Parasite, Doomsday, the Cyborg Superman, and Lex Luthor, along with what I assume is the "new" Clark. But other than the Eradicator and Doomsday (and Luthor in a different role), these villains have not been part of the Rebirth story for Superman. Grundy had a brief appearance in Batman, but nothing else. Parasite is out of nowhere. The Cyborg has been in Supergirl, but this one has a more classic Henshaw look to the Zor-El version's features (it almost looks like a combo of the two). Business-suit Luthor hasn't been seen for a good while. The Death-S suit is interesting.

Mr. Oz, if he is Ozymandias, has definitely had a change of costume underneath the green cloak.

There are definitely strong hints to a Red/Blue solution to the story, but they have been there since the start with the look of Superwoman. It also matches with the characterizations and color choices in that book - Lois, the more level-headed character, took a blue costume. Lana, the more impetuous, ended up in a dead ringer for Superman Red's suit.

Especially when the two Loises are shown to be completely distinct from each other: the different hair color, different food tastes, etc. This is definitely the big kink remaining in putting the two worlds together.
    Lois father being Alive san bullet to dome, Lucy not being a crazy Superwoman. What about Ma Kent being Dead when she was alive before Flashpoint.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Interesting...I've had that notion too,but I still think it's more likely he's either Lord V from Morrison's run or Mxy or even Post Crisis Lex if he isn't Ozmandys full stop.

I'm just glad this plot point is progressing. My fear was they were never going to address this whole situation. There were some statements early on that made me wonder if this was going to be a cut and dried paste job and that was were it was going to end up.

Oh and I so want that Action #976 cover as a poster.
    If we're getting into discussion of ideas like Post-Crisis Lex, here's another possibility: Conner. He's the one major Super-character that remains unaccounted for. That would also help tie in the Tim Drake abduction.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    Lois father being Alive san bullet to dome, Lucy not being a crazy Superwoman. What about Ma Kent being Dead when she was alive before Flashpoint.
    All of those can easily fall under the timeline changes. Remember, they're saying this is the same world, but altered. And there aren't duplicates of Sam and Lucy running around.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Yo, so as if Multiplicity wasn't hype enough already, if you check out the DC site all of the artist have been updated.

Issue 14 of Superman aka Multiplicity part 1 sports Ivan Reis on art. http://www.dccomics.com/comics/super...16/superman-14

Issue 15 puts the biscuit on the patty with Clay Mann, Ed Benes, Jorge Jimenez, AND Ryan Sook all on art http://www.dccomics.com/comics/super...16/superman-15

Issue 16's power level is apparantly too much for the site because it just says "various", Jorge Jimenez, Doug Mahnke. http://www.dccomics.com/comics/super...16/superman-16

I'm sure deep down a lot of us thought this would be a "Mltiversity lite" in terms of production, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Looks like their going to pack a 3 issue arc full of the same sort of A list art we had with Morrison. Damn fine time to be a Superman fan.

OMFG Superman Red and Blue? Was manofsteel1979 right all along? Pleeeease don't bring him back just to kill him off again or something (I'm to the point where a merger will be acceptable if the explanation is good). Or is it something more like the original theory I had way back when where they really will do two Supermen for a while?

If this delivers and somehow manages to excite both sides of the Super fanbase, I'll personally send an apology note to Jurgens and Johns. I'm not above that.

Also I want to say the bandaged leg of Oz is supposed to be a hint, but it brings to mind nothing but Xa-Du and I doubt that's his true identity.

Also, Clark Kent wearing the iconic bloody S of the Death of Superman storyline. Who was a big antagonist of the totality of that saga? You all know who I want it to be.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-15-2016 at 02:49 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Truman Burbank View Post
    All of those can easily fall under the timeline changes. Remember, they're saying this is the same world, but altered. And there aren't duplicates of Sam and Lucy running around.
    Sounds like use just want to have it both ways, Oh the timeline chages but Superman has to stay exactly the same. Superman's parents die in a car crash but he must stay exactly the same. Well cause and effect doesn't work like that or Cisco's brother would still be alive. We have multiple shows on TV dealing with these same issues and people are still checking the does not apply box. There are several chages in Nuperman life that caused him to be Nuperman. Jor-El and Lara were different more silverage versions of themselves, Ma and Pa Kent were vastly younger then they've ever been. NuClark had his magic Blanket and Ghost dog. The guy had a life and people just **** on it cause it wasn't the same. These side characters are his. Lana is his friend from Smallville that he went on adventures with Pete Ross with. Steel is the guy that helped him fight the collector. The guy had a life, it's not right to just disregard it. That's just a shitty thing to do.

Well, this could get interesting......
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Ah so thats why one has blue boots and the other has red boots.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    But Kara and Clark were not close pre-52 that even brattier version of her would rather hang with the Bat clan then her cousin.
    Where did I even mention Kara????
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Doubtful, they're positioning him (or at least his status quo) as The Superman. He might be fusing with New 52 Superman, which I'd be very much good with, but I suspect whatever comes out the other side will look more like the former than the latter.
    Is a good point, but since this whole Rebirth thing started i had feel a huge Infinite Crisis vibe, a story that killed my second favorite version of the charather, so i'm kind of paranoic about it. But so far the merger is probably the most likely theory.

Sounds like use just want to have it both ways, Oh the timeline chages but Superman has to stay exactly the same. Superman's parents die in a car crash but he must stay exactly the same. Well cause and effect doesn't work like that or Cisco's brother would still be alive. We have multiple shows on TV dealing with these same issues and people are still checking the does not apply box. There are several chages in Nuperman life that caused him to be Nuperman. Jor-El and Lara were different more silverage versions of themselves, Ma and Pa Kent were vastly younger then they've ever been. NuClark had his magic Blanket and Ghost dog. The guy had a life and people just **** on it cause it wasn't the same. These side characters are his. Lana is his friend from Smallville that he went on adventures with Pete Ross with. Steel is the guy that helped him fight the collector. The guy had a life, it's not right to just disregard it. That's just a shitty thing to do.
    If the theory that Mr-El is an "Ultimate" Superman from all the ages that includes a good chunk of his whole publication story (Pre-Crisis, Post-Crisis and some of the New 52), i think that wouldn't be a big lost, i mean beyond Morrison and some of Pak stuff is not like he has a lot that was worht remenbering. Admitedly this likely would create a whole new charather, but is better than the current situation and Mr El in some level is a new guy althogethe. But so far is still too early to tell.

If they do merge, hopefully that will be the catalyst that erases the time refugee crap, and melds the finally complete Superman to the world without any of the dimensional nonsense. Hell, they could use that moment to then say Superman is finally the one being who now knows the completed timeline of the current Earth. How it really "was" and "should be" with the New 52 history and missing post-Crisis history pinned together. In a sense, Superman would be fixed before the world was fixed. That could make him really front and center to the final year of the Rebirth storyline, as being the only "complete" person, maybe even the touchstone to undo Dr. Manhattan's machinations. That would be a role befitting of Superman.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-15-2016 at 04:19 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

In terms of an origin, what I'm hoping is that if they merge, he retains all of his memories from being Nuperman. The assumption is that he will. That way, he at least has that part of his history that everybody seems to like intact. What would be interesting is if Superdad (will we still be calling him that after all this is said and done?) finds his "home" universe and Conner has taken over as Superman. Given that a good decade has passed since they left, he would certainly be old enough to be Superman by now.
    Assassinate Putin!