Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FangsFirst View Post
    As a huge and very selective fan of Thanos:

Agreed, actually.
    Hey Fangsfirst! I'm a fan of your Thanos rants on Reddit.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

It was Bendis and his overarching influence on the whole line and on other writers that made me drop pretty much all Marvel books back in the day.

This is a seven year old thread that appears to have been bumped for an off topic comment.

Given that Bendis ended up leaving Marvel a year later? Nah, it wasn't beneficial for him.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

I thought he left because DC gave him a better deal running DC and 5G.

Astonishing Member

And then those plans backfired, and now he's...
    By the way, what he's doing these days? It's funny how quietly he left DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    I thought he left because DC gave him a better deal running DC and 5G.
    Partly. Bendis was already burned in Marvel. He had wrote everything he could work on and the next step would had been make the jump to the audiovisual area of Marvel, either tv or studios.
    However, considering than he was one of the people who pushed for the Inhumans in the MCU, I think than he never was to have more influence if Kevin Feige was the boss of all Marvel. And as DiDio offer him, not only the possibility of having freepass to do whatever, he also had the chance to jump easily to the Warner Media divisons of live action and animation. I mean, Naomi was not even published and already had her live action series green lighted.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    And then those plans backfired, and now he's...
    By the way, what he's doing these days? It's funny how quietly he left DC.
    Yeah, well, between the failure of his series, the rejection of his proposals and the fusion Warner/Discovery, the firing of DiDio, his supporter, kind of ruined his plans. There is still the rumored Legion of Super-heroes animated he was writing, but between his silence and the cancelation of several animated projects at Warner, kind of difficult to happen. At least it seems he doesn't talk much about it.

Right now, he still is doing some comics at Dark horse and hoping for his Jinxworld series to be an option for some producer or streamer channel. Who knows, he could be lucky this time.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

There are two things at Marvel he never wrote. The teen heroes teams, and the Fantastic Four. If he ever wanted to come back to Marvel, they could always give him Champions to relaunch. After all, he did write Young Justice at DC, and he created Miles Morales and Ironheart.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    There are two things at Marvel he never wrote. The teen heroes teams, and the Fantastic Four. If he ever wanted to come back to Marvel, they could always give him Champions to relaunch. After all, he did write Young Justice at DC, and he created Miles Morales and Ironheart.
    Yes. I am a big Champions fan, especially now that Kamala is back and I’d love for Bendis to write them.

But I really wanted Bendis to full on write the FF. After writing Victor von Doom and Thing in Iron Man, I’d just like his take on the family and their relationships in their world. It is the most challenging assignment in Marvel.
    Last edited by jackolover; 08-12-2023 at 08:34 PM.

He did use the Champions in his final Miles arc (to even up the numbers, since Miles and Bombshell were fighting the Sinister Six), though the timeline is murky due to the roster he used, which was Ms. Marvel, Spider-Man, Nova, Viv Vision, Totally Awesome Hulk, Cyclops, and Ironheart. I think it was intended to be between the end of Waid's run and the start of Zub's, and Bendis knew Riri was joining the team. However, Nadia joined at the same time, it seems he didn't know Cyclops was leaving and Nadia was joining. It only works timeline wise if Nadia is in Scott's spot.

I don't think it was beneficial for Bendis either.

Notably Bendis said he only wrote Civil War II because they couldn't get anybody else to write it lol.

Love Bendis, but outside of Siege and some of the Ultimate Universe stuff... he was pretty bad at events.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    It was Bendis and his overarching influence on the whole line and on other writers that made me drop pretty much all Marvel books back in the day.
    7vnpx1.jpg

Ditto. I have been on the fringe of Marvel Comics ever since, buying just knick knacks here and there. Bendis killed my "Make Mine Marvel!" habit dead.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Niffleheim

Ms Marvel book benefited, GWW wrote the hellout of that arc for Kamala vs Carol's minions.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

It honestly didn't benefit. Wilson basically ignored Champions which launched as part of CW2's fallout, and Ms. Marvel's sales never again reached the peaks of it's first two years.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It honestly didn't benefit. Wilson basically ignored Champions which launched as part of CW2's fallout, and Ms. Marvel's sales never again reached the peaks of it's first two years.
    Ms Marvel's sales were never anything to boast about so I don't understand why you're citing that point. The CW2 arc for Ms Marvel was still very good.
    Last edited by Tofali; 08-14-2023 at 02:33 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

It always did better in trades and digital than in monthly floppy format.