Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    If the tweets were the Problem, they wouldn't have greenlit a second volume. Also I don't visit or endorse Bleeding cool so I have no idea what it says. But as another user said, its Fanfic. About 90% of it is just speculation and rumors or assumptions, so any thing posted there, I consider to be just gossip talk, not news.

Absolute nonsense re: Bleeding Cool. BTW, the greenlighting happened in May/June last year. Our report was also based on talking to people in senior roles at DC, something no one else seemed to think to do.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I would agree that Bleeding Cool is not a great source, though I wish there was something that provided a comparable news outlet into the comics industry.
    There is. It's called Bleeding Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    Absolute nonsense re: Bleeding Cool. BTW, the greenlighting happened in May/June last year. Our report was also based on talking to people in senior roles at DC, something no one else seemed to think to do.
    Ray dillon said tweets weren't a problem and that he had nothing to do with the article 9of course this was never true), so who is telling the truth?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Frank Cho was still allowed to do art for DC despite him making similar comments regarding Rucka and other WW works.
    He crapped on Rucka, jill Thompson, Grant Morrison works and told a big lie. It can't be only the tweets

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    There is. It's called Bleeding Cool.
    Comparable clearly indicates offering an alternative.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    I disagree with this assessment, I can't imagine that both incidents didn't contribute to the firing, especially since it's showing a pattern of behavior. I mean he previously criticized a high profile work (Earth One) and complained about it having sequels green lit while their work didn't. And then on the day DC is trying to give the Odyssey a PR push he's tweeting about how it's unfair that story is being published instead of the one they pitched...like you just can't do that an employee, it's common sense like Drz said.
    Earth one has nothing to do with this, I already said it was over one year ago and nobody on DC cared for it.

Now Dillon says the tweets have nothing to do with LOWW being canned.

If DC cared about the new amazons mini, they wouldn't be cancelling LOWW specially just after the creative team did some tweets about th enew book

DC pratically burned the oddissey of amazons, more than creators that doesn't even have more than 10k followers

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Last I checked Cho did lose his job drawing WW covers. Secondly there's a difference between Cho having a creative difference with Rucka and what happened here. These people here were just attacking work that wasn't their theirs and whining about it. Finally Cho and Rucka have had bad blood before WW so it was DCs fault for putting them both together which they clearly understood eventually. This guy based on the tweets was just whining about someone else getting a job over him.
    No, he didn't. He just stopped doing WW covers because he wanted, and was moved to do harkley quinn variants and still doing it;

He wasn't whining or badmouthing DC.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 12-17-2016 at 11:24 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I have no doubt that Jimenez, like Rucka, doesn't like what Azzerello did with Wonder Woman. But I can't find public statements that Jimenez has made about that specific run. Rucka's own statements are clear - he doesn't like it, but he's being very diplomatic about how he phrases his dislike.
    If he's being diplomatic then any disllike of his is per definition not clear.

Now, I'm sure Rucka didn't like Azz's Amazons, but I can't see what he wouldn't like about Azz's Diana, as it's pretty much the same Diana he wrote about himself.

Quote Originally Posted by RAY DILLON View Post
    Just to clarify a few things because I appreciate this community.

I had zero to do with the Mary Sue article. And it wasn't their fault for running it either.

It wasn't my tweets.

It wasn't sales.

We wish no ill will on DC, or the Amazons team. I enjoy Kevin and Ryan's work a lot.

We're appreciative of the opportunity DC gave us.

We're sad but moving on and are really feeling the love of the people who have supported our careers as well as IDW and Marvel.

Happy Holidays, everyone!

~RAY
    Thank You. I have been enjoying the book and wanted to see the 2nd volume.

I hope more future works from you in the future;

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Thank You. I have been enjoying the book and wanted to see the 2nd volume.

I hope more future works from you in the future;
    I'm glad we can get the straight news here than from BC. As you said earlier, who is telling the truth? Much easier to believe Dillon himself than a site that has a massive historical reputation of being an unreliable news source.

Do you guys think DC will change their minds with the sales ? I wonder if petitions can work? Well look at my signature and you can sign the petition.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Do you guys think DC will change their minds with the sales ? I wonder if petitions can work? Well look at my signature and you can sign the petition.
    I saw Ray tweeted the link.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    If DC cared about either, they wouldn't have canned it.

I saw Ray tweeted the link.
    Really?Well I hope that helps them more and I hope the outcry will be enough.

I'm glad we can get the straight news here than from BC. As you said earlier, who is telling the truth? Much easier to believe Dillon himself than a site that has a massive historical reputation of being an unreliable news source.

Legend of Wonder Woman
    was canceled, what, a day after Renae De Liz and Ray Dillon tweeted about Odyssey of the Amazons? Dillon can say that wasn't why their book was axed, but timing like that can't be a coincidence. In this case, I believe Bleeding Cool.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Now Dillon says the tweets have nothing to do with LOWW being canned.
    It was cancelled like less than a day after they sent out the tweets/Mary Sue picking up the story, I really don't believe that it's just a coincidence.

Ray has said this wasn't the case, so let's let this line of discussion drop.
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!