Thread: Spinoff's

Default Spinoff's

I was wandering with the success of the movie is DC planning on doing any spin offs title's for DIANA or her AMAZONIAN SISTER'S.their's several in her family of Amazons. theirs

QUEEN HIPPOLYTA
    TROIA aka DONNA TROY
    WONDER GIRL
    ARTEMIS
    NUBIA
    GRACE CHOI
    HESSIA
    PHILLIPUS
    FURY=LYTA TREVOR

True we could get the origin of the amazons . However, Trevor died how could Diana name her Trevor? . Donna would be cool. Who would make a good Donna?

Considering how ODYSSEY OF THE AMAZONS has been doing (at least on the "Top 300 Comic Books" lists from Diamond), they may be a bit gun-shy about rushing into another spin-off series at the moment.
    Jan 2017: 126th - Odyssey of the Amazons #1 - 21,811 copies
    Feb 2017: 157th - Odyssey of the Amazons #2 - 14,334 copies
    March 2017: 193rd - Odyssey of the Amazons #3 - 11,013 copies
    April 2017: 199th - Odyssey of the Amazons #4 - 9,573 copies
    May 2017: 234th - Odyssey of the Amazons #5 - 8,942 copies
    Also, unless they already had something in the pipeline, how quickly could they put together a new spin-off book and publish it? Will the Wonder Woman interest still be as strong by the time a first issue is released?

AmiMizuno.actually the FURY=LYTA TREVOR im speaking of was a character from a book called INFINITY INC.they were the children of the JUSTICE SOCIETY and she was the daughter of WONDER WOMAN and STEVE TREVOR of earth 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    True we could get the origin of the amazons . However, Trevor died how could Diana name her Trevor? . Donna would be cool. Who would make a good Donna?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Considering how ODYSSEY OF THE AMAZONS has been doing (at least on the "Top 300 Comic Books" lists from Diamond), they may be a bit gun-shy about rushing into another spin-off series at the moment.
    Also, unless they already had something in the pipeline, how quickly could they put together a new spin-off book and publish it? Will the Wonder Woman interest still be as strong by the time a first issue is released?
    Oh wow. I forgot all about this series.
    Richard Alexander

To be fair - that was surely because Odyssey of the Amazons was not very good. A half competent monthly in the wonder family would be a blessing.

That said I am one of those that holds out hope for a twice monthly Sensation Comics to bring Diana in line with the rest of the Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    I was wandering with the success of the movie is DC planning on doing any spin offs title's for DIANA or her AMAZONIAN SISTER'S.their's several in her family of Amazons. theirs

QUEEN HIPPOLYTA
    TROIA aka DONNA TROY
    WONDER GIRL
    ARTEMIS
    NUBIA
    GRACE CHOI
    HESSIA
    PHILLIPUS
    FURY=LYTA TREVOR
    I like all of these characters, warzon! Spin off movies and/or animated stories would be OK to me!

I want to write a children's book about the adventures of Hippolyta throughout the ancient world before she became Queen of the Amazons. Her adventures have a beginning, middle, and end, so a comic ongoing wouldn't be appropriate.

I've got a great concept for a world-travelling Donna Troy, but I don't know if it's strong enough as an ongoing book.

Astonishing Member

I know it wouldn't be crazy exciting but I've always been interested in seeing at least a story or two revolving around the Amazon Blacksmith, Io.

I always figured it'd be neat to see hertravelling about learning of the world and its designs to help get new ideas of how to make things on Themyscira. Always thought it'd be neat for her to make a weapon from the Purple Ray technology. Like a purple mystical hammer that could hurt or heal depending on her wish sort of like a vague reference to Thor's Mjolnir.

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    Considering how ODYSSEY OF THE AMAZONS has been doing (at least on the "Top 300 Comic Books" lists from Diamond),. . .
    Oh wow. I forgot all about this series.
    Wonder how many other people had . . . and how many others wish they could forget about it?

By the way, here's how the print copies of the digital-first The Legend of Wonder Woman series did on the Diamond Top 300 Comic Books charts:
    Jan 2016: 85th - Legend of Wonder Woman #1 - 25,047 copies
    Feb 2016: 133rd - Legend of Wonder Woman #2 - 16,816 copies
    March 2016: 121st - Legend of Wonder Woman #3 - 16,497 copies
    April 2016: 130th - Legend of Wonder Woman #4 - 16,488 copies
    May 2016: 122nd - Legend of Wonder Woman #5 - 16,583 copies
    May 2016: 129th - Legend of Wonder Woman #6 - 15,924 copies
    ** NOTE: two issues published in May 2016 **
    June 2016: 142nd - Legend of Wonder Woman #7 - 15,820 copies
    July 2016: 145th - Legend of Wonder Woman #8 - 15,945 copies
    Aug 2016: 162nd -Legend of Wonder Woman #9 - 14,790 copies