Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It's not like was fired for that. The problem is that Mary Sue site screwed up this time and made a big deal of something small

They just said that they were dissapointed after many years of pitching a similar book they just gave it to random guy.
    Everything else is just people making it seems worse.

thisis fanfic, these tweets are from last year and have nothing to do with the actual problem.

I follow him and saw his tweets about the oddissey comic and they were ok.
    This is not fanfic, this is what DC senior sources told me. So why were those tweets deleted?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Ray dillon said tweets weren't a problem and that he had nothing to do with the article 9of course this was never true), so who is telling the truth?
    Maybe both. I have only ever told you what DC execs believe, not what actually is.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Thanks for the clarification. I knew one of you would pop here soon. And for affirming for me how much of a terrible "news" site BC is.
    Neither De Liz nor Dillon responded to e-mail inquiries. However senior DC exec sources did tell us differently.

Why is BC a terrible news site again?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    It was cancelled like less than a day after they sent out the tweets/Mary Sue picking up the story, I really don't believe that it's just a coincidence.
    And then the tweets were deleted and the Mary Sue article was edited to remove any reference to them, despite originally being the focus of the piece.

Incredible Member

This series was, in my opinion: The best Wonder Woman story to come out of DC since the start of the New52,

Seeing that there won't be a sequel is truly disappointing to me. They had a great start with nothing but promise.

They left the fans begging for more. Which to me, is nothing but the purest success.

Whatever Renae and Ray do from here I wish them lots of luck in doing. Because they surely have a great future before them.

Also. Nobody has brought up this idea. DC has a great working relationship with IDW. And just because DC itself doesn't want to publish the Legend Of Wonder Woman sequel. That doesn't mean it is dead. IDW certainly could step in and arrange with DC to publish it.

Let me make this clear.

A member of this board who is directly involved in the issue has stated that the reasons given in the article are not true. I don't want this to descend into a he said/she said when we have it straight from the artist's mouth.

Unless DC execs or Ray/Renae come out with a definitive statement of reasons one way or the other, let's let this rest. Otherwise, it basically comes down to calling a board member a liar, and we're not going to go there.
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

I signed the petition and shared it on my social. Would like to see this series come back and not end so abruptly.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I ordered the hardback when I heard the news, and it arrived today. Just finished reading it all the way through - lovely.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Thanks, everyone, for the kind words and support!!

LoWW has just been vote one of the best comics of 2016

http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-20-best-c...ce=io9_twitter
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 12-19-2016 at 04:34 PM.

Welp I'm definitely gonna buy it now.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Troian View Post
    Welp I'm definitely gonna buy it now.
    Totally worth it! I also broke down and bought the 75th Anniversary special, with the LoWW story!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Totally worth it! I also broke down and bought the 75th Anniversary special, with the LoWW story!
    Thanks. I'm really hyped now haha.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Let me make this clear.

A member of this board who is directly involved in the issue has stated that the reasons given in the article are not true. I don't want this to descend into a he said/she said when we have it straight from the artist's mouth.

Unless DC execs or Ray/Renae come out with a definitive statement of reasons one way or the other, let's let this rest. Otherwise, it basically comes down to calling a board member a liar, and we're not going to go there.
    A source from DC now that it was canceled due to a challenging relationship

https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...c-relationship

"The critically acclaimed, Eisner-nominated comic series The Legend of Wonder Woman has been cancelled by DC Comics, because of what a spokesperson for DC called “a challenging relationship” with the husband and wife team behind the series."

"the DC spokesperson told the Guardian that though “we loved the book and we were very excited to work on the collected volume”, the studio was concerned about Dillon’s public comments about other teams at DC on social media."

"“It is an unfortunate situation. We tried hard to make it work,” the DC spokesperson said."

Incredible Member

Well, there you have it.