Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rig View Post
    Neither Ray nor Renae said anything bad about Odyssey of Amazons.
    They may have not been critical but they definitely came off as "we pitched this previously and it's not fair that someone else is writing it".

BANNED

New CBR article based on the cancelation of the series: http://www.cbr.com/legend-of-wonder-...-cancellation/

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I feel very sad for everyone involved.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    New CBR article based on the cancelation of the series: http://www.cbr.com/legend-of-wonder-...-cancellation/
    At least two things of interest in there:

The news of the end of “Legend of Wonder Woman” and the reasons behind it has also brought out fans and professionals who report less than favorable experiences working with De Liz and Dillon, largely citing unfulfilled commissions and Kickstarter rewards. Dillon has responded to some of these concerns in a Facebook thread started by a fan seeking a $400 refund based on the money raised via GoFundMe; as seen in the comments, Dillon has now refunded $400 to at least one fan.
    And also a statement from Renae De Liz:

“There’s seems to be a ton of articles on LoWW at the moment, and wild ideas of what happened, and misconceptions of who we are, so let me say a couple things to clarify so we (and DC) can hopefully move on from this. ��

DC stated “challenging relationship”as the cause for the end of LOWW, which I feel is fair from both sides. I want LoWW readers to know, never once did I *knowingly* cross any lines, or felt I risked LoWW in any way, which is why I was SO shocked by the turn of events. I am a very careful person, and would never have risked it.

My couple tweets seen in most articles were relating feelings and not intended as a negative towards DC. I didn’t recognize it was viewed so harshly, and I apologize for any harm they did.

In the last week I’ve lost a dream project, been uplifted by the comics community, been accused of being horrible things, while dealing with a threatened pregnancy.

We are not bad people, we didn’t know we were…er…”poo-ing” where we ate and weren’t roving around DC like a couple ungrateful, mindless rebels. We just missed information somewhere which led to us choosing honesty when perhaps we shouldn’t have been.

So I hope now news sites will give my family peace through the Holidays, because we sorely need it, especially for baby soon-to-be. There is no ill will to DC, and no crazy story to tell. It’s just the way things worked out this time.

I will be forever grateful for my time with Wonder Woman, and to the readers who supported it. I’ll always be right here, continuing to support the works of DC’s wonderful creators, and I hope everyone does the same.

Incredible Member

You'd think maybe before using these new funds to start their new project they'd use the money to either refund people from commissions or kickstarters from other projects or to buy the resources and supplies with this new time for to get those projects done that are already due. Seems kinda selfish of them to make a go find me page while leaving these other people out in the cold.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I wouldn't expect them to pay anyone back (yet) but honestly I'd expect them to instead use this money on their unborn child as opposed to kickstarting a new project.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    I wouldn't expect them to pay anyone back (yet) but honestly I'd expect them to instead use this money on their unborn child as opposed to kickstarting a new project.
    This says other wise:

https://mobile.twitter.com/RayDillon...96190900928512

Sadly it seems she might moving onto a new project already while hundreds of commissions are left unfinished and people who supported previous kickstarters have also yet to receive long over due books. They seem to be very quick to new projects and now this go fund me before fulfilling commitments to the fans who fund them and have continued to support them.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/12/...-renae-de-liz/
    Last edited by Bossace; 12-21-2016 at 07:56 PM.

I hope everyone is able to get what they want in the situation, and maybe someday down the road we might even get a Series 2, but if not I hope the family does rebound and they are able to explore earlier ideas (like these kickstarters I hear of), or new ones. They genuinely seemed to care about Wonder Woman, and did add something to her mythos.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    This says other wise:

https://mobile.twitter.com/RayDillon...96190900928512

Sadly it seems she might moving onto a new project already while hundreds of commissions are left unfinished and people who supported previous kickstarters have also yet to receive long over due books. They seem to be very quick to new projects and now this go fund me before fulfilling commitments to the fans who fund them and have continued to support them.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/12/...-renae-de-liz/

Everyone is getting the wrong impression here. We do not have hundreds of commissions, Renae has 8 and I have 3. They are just VERY old. And we are currently and have been shipping Kickstarter copies. Working primarily on the international orders now which have been difficult.

We also aren't using the GoFundMe to fund a project. Renae has no job now so she has time for the first time in years. The money gets us secure through the beginning of the year while we lock down new work (likely me doing full production or us doing a new series together). I'm currently doing cover work). Meanwhile with that time she has and no work, she's working on old commissions first (as am I), then developing Lady Powerpunch so we can have that come out later this year.

There is no real scandal here. Just complicated situations. We'll get it worked out and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyWWfan View Post
    I hope everyone is able to get what they want in the situation, and maybe someday down the road we might even get a Series 2, but if not I hope the family does rebound and they are able to explore earlier ideas (like these kickstarters I hear of), or new ones. They genuinely seemed to care about Wonder Woman, and did add something to her mythos.
    Thank you for the kind words. We're hopeful that someday we could come back to these characters. We do love them.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    No problems on BTS were reported, so it is the tweets the problem.
    I never said they weren't - just that there was probably more going on BTS than what was reported or that we will ever know. It would probably take more than one dumb tweet for your boss to describe your working relationship as "challenging".

The variant cover debacle, the UN complainants and now this..... For her 75th anniversary Wonder Woman is getting the gift of hate.

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

So is that it? Is the book completely axed, they're not gonna have someone continue it or...?

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Swordsman View Post
    So is that it? Is the book completely axed, they're not gonna have someone continue it or...?
    For now it is done, but they have no plans, I'm told, to have another team do it. We're hopeful to come back at some point to continue what we've created. Just not now.

In the meantime we'll be working on LADY POWERPUNCH and some various other projects.

Hi, everyone! Long time no see. Been a very difficult year since DC cancelled LEGEND OF WONDER WOMAN Vol.2 in December, right after we'd begun production on it.

Decided the best thing to do was to move on to a new project that invigorated us in the same ways that LoWW did, but we wanted it to be our own thing this time.

SO... Introducing LADY POWERPUNCH!

You can learn and see more at http://www.Patreon.com/RenaeDeLiz

And if you appreciated all the hard work and heart she brought to THE LEGEND OF WONDER WOMAN GN then please support her creator-owned book just as fervently.

Thanks!