Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

The reason LOWW was cenceled was purely political. It seems to do that Renae De Liz said on twitter that she pitched a amazons spin off and DC gave it to a man, of course.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/12/...medium=twitter

also Nick Hanover got DC number 818.954.6000

https://twitter.com/Nick_Hanover/sta...29057072340992

DC has been petty like this for a good time, like what happened to dwayne mcduffie

Always Rakzo

Sooo, based from what I've heard this happened because one of the creators started to show more animosity than necessary not only towards DC but other WW projects that are not TLOWW.

Could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Sooo, based from what I've heard this happened because one of the authors started to show more animosity than necessary not only towards DC but other WW projects that are not TLOWW.

Could be wrong though.
    it isn't more anymosity than necessary, just a observation everyone did: male privilege on DC comics.
    she just said I pitched this story for years and that as woman she can give another perspective

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    it isn't more anymosity than necessary, just a observation everyone did: male privilege on DC comics.
    she just said I pitched this story for years and that as woman she can give another perspective
    She wasn't the creator I was referring to.

Signed.

This is what I wrote....

We need more series that show Diana and her Mythos in a good light. Vol. 1 was done very well with respect to her history and story. How can you expect for the character to be up there with Superman and Batman if you don't give her the same opportunities that you do those two? This really makes it feel as if she is not part of the so called "Trinity".
    Richard Alexander

BANNED

Doesn't matter was her suspicion right or wrong, you don't go blasting your employer on twitter. Keep it inside the company.

This is all very strange. Political you say? You are suggesting that because she mentioned her version could have been Superior because she's a woman, that is what caused the title to get axed?

Incredible Member

I find it disappointing. I loved the series. Seeing it gone just makes me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Doesn't matter was her suspicion right or wrong, you don't go blasting your employer on twitter. Keep it inside the company.
    It is a freelance job, as long as she didn't signed a NDA she is free to critic DC and it wasn't even a critic, just a minor sadness for DC giving a project to another creator.
    I have been critical of publishers giving male and female lead projects to male writers even if they aren't talented

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    This is all very strange. Political you say? You are suggesting that because she mentioned her version could have been Superior because she's a woman, that is what caused the title to get axed?
    She didn't said it was going to be superior because she is a woman, just a complete perspective.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 12-16-2016 at 12:35 PM.

It is a freelance job, as long as she didn't signed a NDA she is free to critic DC and it wasn't even a critic, just a minor sadness for DC giving a project to another creator.
    I have been critical of publishers giving male and female lead projects to male writers even if they aren't talented

She didn't said it was going to be superior because she is a woman, just a complete perspective.
    Regardless, you're saying it was the catalyst

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Regardless, you're saying it was the catalyst
    Evidences point to that.

As far as "creators criticizing comic book companies" go, Ms. De Liz' comment seemed fairly harmless and tame, only expressing her opinion that she would've wished to have written the Amazons mini and that it would've been nice to have a female creator on it (which is perfectly fair).

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Probably DC wanted a Canon background of the Amazons instead of a spinoffs one. Probably her pitch wasn't as good as the one we are getting.

And I'm really not trying to sound rude but people say we need more diverse writers to write these diverse characters but most of them don't even do a good job. Just look at how it's not working for Batgirl and how it went horrible for WW when Meredith took over. I'm not saying all are horrible but I rather take the better writer than the one who looks like the character.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Probably DC wanted a Canon background of the Amazons instead of a spinoffs one. Probably her pitch wasn't as good as the one we are getting.

And I'm really not trying to sound rude but people say we need more diverse writers to write these diverse characters but most of them don't even do a good job. Just look at how it's not working for Batgirl and how it went horrible for WW when Meredith took over. I'm not saying all are horrible but I rather take the better writer than the one who looks like the character.
    Don't use Meredith as excuse, you know that her husband being davif finch also helped a lot.

There is tons of talented female creators, Liz is very talented, as is Marjorie Liu, Gail Simone, Kelly Thompson, Amy Chu, etc.

About Grievoux, never heard of him before and that isn't good since I always keep tabs on independent comics even If i don't real it all. It's a weird choice with so many talented women on comics

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    As far as "creators criticizing comic book companies" go, Ms. De Liz' comment seemed fairly harmless and tame, only expressing her opinion that she would've wished to have written the Amazons mini and that it would've been nice to have a female creator on it (which is perfectly fair).
    Going off of Bleeding Cool, which is, to be honest, not my favorite source, the tweets of Ray Dillon, her husband, inker, and letterer, were much, much harder. Specifically about Wonder Woman: Earth One. (Which I happen to agree with him completely about, but I don't work for DC.)
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord