Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

This is extremely sad news. When the in-continuity Wonder Woman was a dark, dismal mess, The Legend of Wonder Woman was the light in the storm so to speak. I hope DC changes their minds and lets this project see the light of day.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    This is extremely sad news. When the in-continuity Wonder Woman was a dark, dismal mess, The Legend of Wonder Woman was the light in the storm so to speak. I hope DC changes their minds and lets this project see the light of day.
    by this article http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/12/...-wonder-woman/

IT Might take some long talks in office about not running your mouth on social media about your pitch not getting taken.
    It was between a Black guy and a Women and the black guys pitch won. Also it seems its not the first time her and her team got up in arms about another wonder woman project getting lit while they were writing.

Incredible Member

Just proves you never chat crap about the work place on social media.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Hopefully if people rally together and buy the first volume, DC might wise up and continue the series. I already know quite a few people who I'll be getting it for as Christmas gifts.
    Absolutely. The book is already half finished from what has been said, so there is no reason this project cannot be revived.

In a year where we are finally getting Young Justice Season 3, anything can happen!
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

But the twitters aren't even that bad. I mean DC has fired many others for simple things. A few people have gotten a way with saying worst about DC.

So, just to clarify: every time DC makes an unpopular decision, people will pull the "Eddie Berganza card", even if it has absolutely nothing to do with the case?
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

It's just frustrating that DC hasn't seemed to have learned from their years and years of decisions that aren't just simply "bad," but "the absolute worst they could possibly make in a given situation." We'd been having a nice lengthy reprieve from inane managerial calls from DC higher-ups and this just comes across as a return to form. Treating their talent poorly for poor reasons, sudden 180-degree turns on franchises with little planning or rationale; things like this make no one happy, especially if it comes down to as ludicrous an incentive as "bruised egos."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    But the twitters aren't even that bad. I mean DC has fired many others for simple things. A few people have gotten a way with saying worst about DC.
    Eh, maybe but it does seem to have become a reoccurring issue based off the comments Dillon made about the Earth One book. Like I understand wanting to promote your own work but if you're going to publicly disparage other work your company is putting out you have to realize that you might be fired.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Going off of Bleeding Cool, which is, to be honest, not my favorite source, the tweets of Ray Dillon, her husband, inker, and letterer, were much, much harder. Specifically about Wonder Woman: Earth One. (Which I happen to agree with him completely about, but I don't work for DC.)
    Do you know exactly what he said about Earth One?
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    They're at the bottom of this article.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    They're at the bottom of this article.
    Thank you!
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    The previously linked Bleeding Cool article has the tweets archived: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/12/...-wonder-woman/

short version seems to be Dillon didn't like Wonder Woman: Earth One (which, to be fair, I didn't like it either), but chose to post about it on twitter, taking a fairly strongly political stance implying the decision to support Morrison's WWEO instead of LOWW was made in bad faith.

I actually completely agree with his criticisms of Morrison's stories, but seriously: don't post about them as an employee of the company. Just basic common sense. Really a shame, as I really love DeLiz and Dillon's collaboration and personalities on twitter. But gotta be a grown up sometimes.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It is a freelance job, as long as she didn't signed a NDA she is free to critic DC and it wasn't even a critic, just a minor sadness for DC giving a project to another creator.
    The couple painted their employer in a bad light while also implicating they we're the best for the job.

This is what happened, they wouldn't have lost their jobs if they hadn't put DC in a bad light.

It's this simple, there are no excuses like "well they are freelance workers".

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Eh, maybe but it does seem to have become a reoccurring issue based off the comments Dillon made about the Earth One book. Like I understand wanting to promote your own work but if you're going to publicly disparage other work your company is putting out you have to realize that you might be fired.
    It's not like was fired for that. The problem is that Mary Sue site screwed up this time and made a big deal of something small

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    The couple painted their employer in a bad light while also implicating they we're the best for the job.

This is what happened, they wouldn't have lost their jobs if they hadn't put DC in a bad light.

It's this simple, there are no excuses like "well they are freelance workers".
    They just said that they were dissapointed after many years of pitching a similar book they just gave it to random guy.
    Everything else is just people making it seems worse.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    The previously linked Bleeding Cool article has the tweets archived: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/12/...-wonder-woman/

short version seems to be Dillon didn't like Wonder Woman: Earth One (which, to be fair, I didn't like it either), but chose to post about it on twitter, taking a fairly strongly political stance implying the decision to support Morrison's WWEO instead of LOWW was made in bad faith.

I actually completely agree with his criticisms of Morrison's stories, but seriously: don't post about them as an employee of the company. Just basic common sense. Really a shame, as I really love DeLiz and Dillon's collaboration and personalities on twitter. But gotta be a grown up sometimes.
    thisis fanfic, these tweets are from last year and have nothing to do with the actual problem.

I follow him and saw his tweets about the oddissey comic and they were ok.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 12-16-2016 at 03:22 PM.

Y'know what would've happened if DC just ignored the couple's complaints? Nothing. At all. No one would've cared. I'm guessing around 2% of their readers, and that's a generous estimate, even knew anything about the tweets at all. At absolute worst, Dillon comes across as just another disgruntled artist grumbling to the wind.

Y'know what's gonna happen now that they've made a big public show of firing the couple while they were working on a well-selling, well-regarded series? Everyone's going to point a giant magnifying glass on each and every little tweet in exact precise detail, lighting them up and picking sides and picking nits and blowing the situation up ten times more than it would've been, and every single conclusion -- warranted or not -- is going to paint DC as the unscrupulous company who still, after years and years, can't treat their talent properly.

Meanwhile, Grievoux's book is just going to have negative publicity attached to it for its whole run and unfairly juxtaposed with de Liz's already critically-acclaimed series.

No one wins here. Like I'm actually still flabbergasted that DC managed to find and take the one path where there is absolutely no up-side.