Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Desean101101 View Post
    Yeah that was a seriously dumb move. It looks like they gave them a pass for the earth one stuff but the Mary Sue article and his twitter comments likely tipped the scale. If he is going to be like that about every other Wonder Woman project they pitch that doesn't include them then maybe it was worth just letting them go than having him gripe about not getting another gig while they had there own gig lined up for 2 years.
    Frank Cho was still allowed to do art for DC despite him making similar comments regarding Rucka and other WW works.

Quote Originally Posted by RAY DILLON View Post
    Just to clarify a few things because I appreciate this community.

I had zero to do with the Mary Sue article. And it wasn't their fault for running it either.

It wasn't my tweets.

It wasn't sales.

We wish no ill will on DC, or the Amazons team. I enjoy Kevin and Ryan's work a lot.

We're appreciative of the opportunity DC gave us.

We're sad but moving on and are really feeling the love of the people who have supported our careers as well as IDW and Marvel.

Happy Holidays, everyone!

~RAY

After reading the screenshots of the tweets I was like, "Is that it?" Not surprised to hear you say that there's some other reason.

Bottom line: So very disappointed to hear that vol. 2 is not going forward.

Good luck with future endeavors.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Mighty Member

by this article http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/12/...-wonder-woman/

IT Might take some long talks in office about not running your mouth on social media about your pitch not getting taken.
    It was between a Black guy and a Women and the black guys pitch won. Also it seems its not the first time her and her team got up in arms about another wonder woman project getting lit while they were writing.
    No one cares if a writer makes statements like this on Twitter esp when they are bringing in sales

Incredible Member FIFTY-TWO (52)'s Avatar

Don't talk crap about your employer or co-workers on social media. Your boss isn't going to come on-line and have a fight with you, but they will respond.

Who doesn't know this by now?

As for this team, TLOWW looked pretty, but it wasn't a terribly good story. Frankly, I'd like to move on from Wonder Woman's origin.
    Last word out of your sorry mouth will be SIR and it will be LOUD!!

Incredible Member FIFTY-TWO (52)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite's Champion View Post
    No one cares if a writer makes statements like this on Twitter esp when they are bringing in sales
    Well, don't go after other creative teams working on Wonder Woman. De Liz and Dillon are not the be-all, end-all of the character, nor does De Liz have access rights because of her gender. She's not the first person to come up with a story for the Amazons.
    Last word out of your sorry mouth will be SIR and it will be LOUD!!

by this article http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/12/...-wonder-woman/

IT Might take some long talks in office about not running your mouth on social media about your pitch not getting taken.
    It was between a Black guy and a Women and the black guys pitch won. Also it seems its not the first time her and her team got up in arms about another wonder woman project getting lit while they were writing.
    Black guy, black guy, black guy...could it be that it was a 'black guy' with a slew of blockbuster, multi-million dollar MOVIES, under his belt? Think that might have had something to do with Grevioux' pitch getting through?
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 12-17-2016 at 06:58 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Frank Cho was still allowed to do art for DC despite him making similar comments regarding Rucka and other WW works.
    I think calling the comments similar is misleading. Frank Cho's comments were outright nasty and unprofessional. Ray Dillon was merely expressing his criticisms of Earth One WW, which in my opinion is pretty healthy for a creative business.

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY-TWO (52) View Post
    Frankly, I'd like to move on from Wonder Woman's origin.
    Uh, that's what they wanted to do with Volume 2.

I would like to have seen what DeLiz and Dillon might have accomplished, writing Wonder Woman in the present day. A shame we won't get to see.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY-TWO (52) View Post
    Well, don't go after other creative teams working on Wonder Woman. De Liz and Dillon are not the be-all, end-all of the character, nor does De Liz have access rights because of her gender. She's not the first person to come up with a story for the Amazons.
    She didn't go after them she just said she wanted to write a story about the Amazons.

Incredible Member

The problem is that if you're working for a company, said company wants everyone all in. Look, you lose a pitch and someone else got it, but you can't simply tweet that upper management got it wrong or they're making a big mistake. You do that internally. You definitely don't go after their big fish and criticize his book. I mean, he's Grant Morrison. It's common sense. Now I don't know if their book actually got canned because of the articles and tweets, but if It did, I wouldn't hold it against DC.
    Last edited by XchaiX; 12-17-2016 at 08:25 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Last I checked Cho did lose his job drawing WW covers. Secondly there's a difference between Cho having a creative difference with Rucka and what happened here. These people here were just attacking work that wasn't their theirs and whining about it. Finally Cho and Rucka have had bad blood before WW so it was DCs fault for putting them both together which they clearly understood eventually. This guy based on the tweets was just whining about someone else getting a job over him.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Last I checked Cho did lose his job drawing WW covers. Secondly there's a difference between Cho having a creative difference with Rucka and what happened here. These people here were just attacking work that wasn't their theirs and whining about it. Finally Cho and Rucka have had bad blood before WW so it was DCs fault for putting them both together which they clearly understood eventually. This guy based on the tweets was just whining about someone else getting a job over him.
    Really? That's what you took from their tweets? If you think they were "attacking work" then you clearly read more into their tweets than the rest of us.

Ray Dillon didn't like Wonder Woman: Year One. Big deal. Several writers and artists were vocally against the New 52 Wonder Woman, such as Phil Jimenez. Does that mean he should be fired from the Superwoman series?

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Really? That's what you took from their tweets? If you think they were "attacking work" then you clearly read more into their tweets than the rest of us.

Ray Dillon didn't like Wonder Woman: Year One. Big deal. Several writers and artists were vocally against the New 52 Wonder Woman, such as Phil Jimenez. Does that mean he should be fired from the Superwoman series?
    I have no doubt that Jimenez, like Rucka, doesn't like what Azzerello did with Wonder Woman. But I can't find public statements that Jimenez has made about that specific run. Rucka's own statements are clear - he doesn't like it, but he's being very diplomatic about how he phrases his dislike.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Didn't Cho just have enough of Rucka's "censorship" and decided to leave? And then shouted the whole affair to everyone who would listen, and then claimed DC had him lined up on a WW project once Rucka left? And then DC was like "that's completely untrue, Rucka's next issue on sale next week go buy it"? That behavior strikes me as considerably more obnoxious than anything here, plus his alleged plans for the character sounded like a generic action heroine with no "female political agenda" or whatever (lol what?).

I mean, I think tweeting criticisms of another work from the company by Grant Morrison of all people is none too wise. Multiple versions of WW are always a good thing, and I think most hardcore fans would buy both. But other creators have done worse, according to Dillon it's not the reason anyway, and it screws the fans over of having another good version of WW that is doing good enough in sales that cancellation wasn't necessary.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Didn't Cho just have enough of Rucka's "censorship" and decided to leave? And then shouted the whole affair to everyone who would listen, and then claimed DC had him lined up on a WW project once Rucka left? And then DC was like "that's completely untrue, Rucka's next issue on sale next week go buy it"? That behavior strikes me as considerably more obnoxious than anything here, plus his alleged plans for the character sounded like a generic action heroine with no "female political agenda" or whatever (lol what?).

I mean, I think tweeting criticisms of another work from the company by Grant Morrison of all people is none too wise. Multiple versions of WW are always a good thing, and I think most hardcore fans would buy both. But other creators have done worse, according to Dillon it's not the reason anyway, and it screws the fans over of having another good version of WW that is doing good enough in sales that cancellation wasn't necessary.
    Yup. Someone said upthread that DC has chosen what seems to be the absolute worst way to deal with whatever caused the cancellation, and I agree. Dillon and De Liz are screwed financially, the fans are screwed out of a potentially great story, and DC's image is further screwed.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord