Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Default Justice League Action is great

This certainly isn't Teen Titans Go with the JLA. It's essentially the love child of Justice League Unlimited & Batman: Brave & Bold. It doesn't have the depth or heavy serialization of the Dwayne McDuffie JLU, but it packs in a lot of action, fun and a deep love for the DCU in 10 minute chunks.

I would recommend this to any DC fan who likes their superheroes to be fun. The stakes are real, but the show doesn't take itself too seriously. Check it out.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

I've caught about three episodes on YouTube, and you're right. This show is great!

It's fun, lighthearted, and most of the heroes' characterization is spot on. Wonder Woman is delightful! I love the slightly wild hairstyle and the brash, almost arrogant attitude she displays. Diana should have some swagger to her. She's WONDER WOMAN! She's awesome. She should be able to enjoy being awesome.

I like that there even appears to be an overarching storyline. Despite episodes being only 11 minutes long, it looks like they're still trying to establish some continuity between them.

All-in-all? Do you like superheroes? Do you like fun? If you answer "Yes" to both of these questions, you'll love JLA!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

the show is okay
    The J-man

Incredible Member

It's like a mixture of the original Teen Titans and Batman: Brave and The Bold. What's not to love.

It's great for 8 y.o. kids, that's for sure. Batman: Brave and The Bold had much better humour and character interactions and it also had jokes only adults would understand. This JLA cartoon is nowhere near as good as Brave and The Bold was. At least we're getting YJ season 3!

My favorite episode so far was Timeshare aka the Batman/Blue Beetle team up episode. The homage they played to Batman TAS was awesome and Jaime's interaction with Bruce was hysterical! It's definitely an enjoyable series!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Astonishing Member

At least the characters are more consistent with how they were usually portrayed instead of turned into sociopaths like the abysmal teen titans go.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I liked it so much. People need to remember that DC can't just make cartoons how they use to because children today have different taste and they need to sell toys which this would make them do.

I'm joining in the praise! = )

This show really is good, all-ages fun! In comparison to Marvel's work on the children's show front, this is muuuch better! It's not quite up there with Brave and the Bold, but it's close! And, it features the correct characterizations for the characters!

As much fun as BB&B was, it did exagerate some of the characters too much - but here they're mostly right.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Sadly I won't be able to watch the premiere off of CN tonight so I'll have to watch it off the DVR tomorrow, but glad to hear people are liking it so far!
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I liked it so much. People need to remember that DC can't just make cartoons how they use to because children today have different taste and they need to sell toys which this would make them do.
    Cartoons do not need to be tied to toy deals. Many cartoons are not, but a number of others are
    The J-man

When it's on Cartoon Network, it's definitely going to be used to sell toys. CN canceled Young Justice and Green Lantern for that reason. They agreed to pick up JLA on the condition that it won't be another superhero action adventure cartoon and it won't be a half hour format.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    When it's on Cartoon Network, it's definitely going to be used to sell toys. CN canceled Young Justice and Green Lantern for that reason. They agreed to pick up JLA on the condition that it won't be another superhero action adventure cartoon and it won't be a half hour format.
    That's not really true anymore. look at the CN originals, AT, Steven & We Bare Bears are all prime examples of animations that don't "exist to sell toys" Hell some of these shows didn't get merchandise out till years after they aired on TV.

As for acquisitions, sure they have toyetic shows like Sonic Boom & Transformers, but in the case of JLA, it is more to have a show with recognizable characters they can get easy views off of.

And GL & YJ weren't canceled solely due to low toy sells, though that probably didn't help.

Anywho the only thing I am worried about in relation to JLA is it's time slot, seems like pretty much every other WB Animation put on the network for the past 5 years (sans TTG) it will be getting a crappy early Saturday morning timeslot of 7:30/6:30 central. Which if this were the 80's/90's and kids still woke up that early to watch Saturday morning cartoons that would be fine, but sadly as we all know that is not the case anymore. At this point it looks like JLA's lifespan will be up to those willing to wake up early on Saturday morning and actually watch it! :P
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    thats true for some shows but hardly for all. When Toonami was in full effect there were no toy deals. Along with some other shows CN experimented with. Static Shock didn't have a toy deal when it aired etc.

Toy deals can be seen as a good thing depending on who you ask, because the target audience tends not to have a lot of purchasing power unless they influence their parents. However if a show is killing it ratings wise a toy deal is irrelevant merchandise should follow along with that success but there are other ways to monetize it as other successful networks and platforms have already discovered.
    The J-man