Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    BANNED

Seen all 17 episodes,they are pretty darn good.im not that big of the humor,so I have to kinda look over it,but there is plenty to take from the shows that any fan should still like the show

BANNED

This is what they do to superman,while every other character is spot on,supes toy looks very different than the shows version.come on ugh

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post

This is what they do to superman,while every other character is spot on,supes toy looks very different than the shows version.come on ugh
    I think he looks fine. He looks like classic Superman drawn to fit in with the rest of the animation. It's important to remember that these programmes and Toys are primarily made to target a much larger non comic reading market out there.
    Batman isn't spot on what with his triangle head and neither is Wonder woman.

I'll be getting the DVD when it comes out as well. Hopefully, there will be plenty of extras

I really want that Blue Beetle toy lol!! So cool to see that he's among the first wave of toys! Keep pushing the character DC!!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I think he looks fine. He looks like classic Superman drawn to fit in with the rest of the animation. It's important to remember that these programmes and Toys are primarily made to target a much larger non comic reading market out there.
    Batman isn't spot on what with his triangle head and neither is Wonder woman.
    Yeah... a black marker will fix that hair curl...
    And some yellow paint will fix the belt.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post

I really want that Blue Beetle toy lol!! So cool to see that he's among the first wave of toys! Keep pushing the character DC!!
    Looks like briefs on superheroes have now been completely phased out, btw...

For Lex, iron man briefs seem to be still in fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Looks like briefs on superheroes have now been completely phased out, btw...
    At-least Lex is keeping the dream alive.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    At-least Lex is keeping the dream alive.
    Villains are allowed fashion faux pas. It gives the heroes a legitimate reason to make fun of them, no matter how intelligent they may be.

Wonder Woman could maybe try the Lex Luthor shiny yellow chastity belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Villains are allowed fashion faux pas. It gives the heroes a legitimate reason to make fun of them, no matter how intelligent they may be.
    Nah, the trunks look cool. Always have, always will.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Nah, the trunks look cool. Always have, always will.
    They do have a purpose.
    Sadly, when they get removed in the 'updating the look', they forget why they were there to begin with, which was to add visual contrast and break up the color in the costumes.

Incredible Member

Overall I'm liking this show, not as good as JLU but still pretty good. One thing I noticed was that in addition to the Trinity's creators each getting "created by" credits Mongul also got one as well for Len Wien & Jim Starlin and Jack Kirby got one for Big Barda, Steppenwolf & Vundabar
    Last edited by JAG2045; 12-31-2016 at 06:13 PM.

Just watched "Follow that Space Cab," the newest episode aired in the US. Pretty fun episode .

SPOILERS:

spoilers:
    I just want to point out the fact that Batman was not in this episode at all, even in a small cameo like in "Power Outage." Unless you want to count the illustration the depiction of the League taking on Mr. Mind, but all-in-all it's pretty impressive that Superman just had this episode to himself .

Space Cabbie has kind of become the "face" of JLA to some degree, at least in terms of presence in promotional art and interviews, emphasizing the series' commitment to spotlighting more obscure and wacky heroes and characters in major roles. He's certainly not a character you would've been surprised to see make an appearance in a teaser or cameo in Brave and the Bold, which I find appropriate.

You can pretty much sum up Cabbie as a "cabbie...in space," but this episode showcased him as a fairly likeable and friendly guy who's willing to do his job and then some when it counts. Patton Oswalt's performance also came off as very endearing.

Some neat references in this episode, from mentioning Tamaran, Korugar, and Thanagar to seeing pictures of multiple heroes on Cabbie's dashboard. Some of those characters have been confirmed to show up later in the season, but I do hope those who aren't (particularly Black Canary and Kilowog) pop up at least once and we get adventures set on those world's as well.

Can I just say how nice it is to see this show prominently spotlighting Hawkman? He usually gets shortchanged versus his significant other (who I love just as much, mind you), so it's great seeing him play a big role here as a major hero (and who's even in the intro to boot!). Troy Baker also does a solid Hawkman.

So he's the Thanagarian Hawkman, which mean's he's Katar Hol, so it'll be interesting to see how that might inform the character going forward beyond his straight-laced and stoic personality. I hope we get to see Shayera/Hawkgirl sooner rather then later as well.

It's almost fitting that the next new episode after the "Shazam Slam" special would feature a notable Captain Marvel rogue in a fairly major role, with Mr. Mind serving as the source of the main conflict in this episode while still causing some mischief of his own.

I admit I still have Greg Ellis' posh British Mr. Mind in my head whenever I think of the character's voice, but Oliver Vaquer's more high-pitched and nasally portrayal still did a good job of capturing the character's conniving and egomaniac personality.

The end of the episode made me wonder why stepping on him is not a more common tactic for beating Mr. Mind...

Lobo was just as much, if not moreso, a major antagonist and really gave the heroes a good run for their money. When he wasn't pulling out new blaster's out-of-nowhere, he was smacking down the heroes on even-footing with his powerful super-strength, which is saying something when he's going up against both Superman and Hawkman.

Funniest part of the episode was Lobo's nicknames for Hawkman .

"I don't seem to have any cash on me..." or pockets, for that matter. Good thing Hawkman does
    end of spoilers.