Default Grindelwald vs Voldemort

Movie versions. Remember we haven't yet seen how the G/Dumbledore fight will go in the movies so based only on feats so far, who wins?

Incredible Member

Grindelwald appears faster but no real indication that he is rampantly using Unforgiveable Curses yet.. His shield would not do much against a pissed off Voldemort (see the scene where he cracks the big shield in DH2). I am leaning towards Voldemort simply because of the overwhelming power.. Speed might give Grindelwald a bit of an advantage and I seriously think the feats in this series is likely to outclass the feats in the original. :/

I think you should also remember his seriously high end TK. Aside from all the wandless magic, he was casually throwing around cars with a wave of his hand in his fight vs Tina. And he really tore through those aurors fairly casually too

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    I think you should also remember his seriously high end TK. Aside from all the wandless magic, he was casually throwing around cars with a wave of his hand in his fight vs Tina. And he really tore through those aurors fairly casually too
    To be fair, Riddle moved aside a giant's corpse with a flick of his hand in Deathly Hallows.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    Actually.. if you watch, most of his wandless magic has him reaching below the table or reaching into his coat, etc. He is hiding his wand so he is not discovered.
    But yes, he does use some wandless magic. As for the TK....

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime Harder View Post
    To be fair, Riddle moved aside a giant's corpse with a flick of his hand in Deathly Hallows.
    This.. And nothing in any movie or book compares to the massive amount of damage he does to the shield that was taking rains of spells from various DE and all the while a wand that was fighting him.

How does this fight go now that grindelwald has 3 movies worth of showings?

Grindelwald didn’t actually gain many feats in the third film. It was more a prep-fest than any great showings of magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Grindelwald didn’t actually gain many feats in the third film. It was more a prep-fest than any great showings of magic.
    He had the fight with Dumbledore that happened at super speed?

Yeah, but that’s about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Yeah, but that’s about it.
    Well point is whan this thread was made in 2016 all he had was the 1 movie now he has 3 so how does this go?