Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If the Eternals are really in Thor: Ragnarok, then I would expect them to make some kind of resurgence in the near future.
    I hadn't heard that. The lack of Darcy and the possibility of Eternals is really upping my interest in that movie.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoFuriousGeorge View Post
    I would LOVE a new Eternals series. I really enjoyed the last volume (that Acuna art was so perfect!), and I also enjoyed that one-shot Eternals book where they fought Apocalypse (very underrated one-shot, IMO). And I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I didn't enjoy Gaiman's book...mostly because I absolutely HATE Romita Jr's art. But yes, I'm all for a new Eternals book. Maybe give the Damocles Foundation a reintroduction as their primary antagonist alongside a reintroduction of the Deviants in general?
    I liked pretty much all the Knaufs work while they were at Marvel. I think they are criminally overlooked when it comes to voting for great runs.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I liked pretty much all the Knaufs work while they were at Marvel. I think they are criminally overlooked when it comes to voting for great runs.
    They did some solid Iron Man work, especially in-light of having to work with what Civil War was doing to Tony's character.

Assuming they showed up in the MCU, how would they be differentiated from the Asgardians or the Inhumans?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Assuming they showed up in the MCU, how would they be differentiated from the Asgardians or the Inhumans?
    They're more closely tied with the Celestials and Thanos than the latter two.

Mighty Member

They're closer to related to humans than Asgardians (they're practically just holy mutants), that comparison barely matters. The Inhumans one does, because as I've said before, they really can't be out doing the same thing as everyone else if they were to return.They'll definitely need a specifically Eternal threat, at least to start off with until you can come up with reasons why character x would now decide to stop supervillains on the street. I don't think Makkari or Sersei would actually need a reason, but Ikaris might because it's been a minute since he interfered with things on behalf of humanity and not some Eternals agenda.

I would definitely be interested in a new Eternals series. I wonder who could write it? Jonathan Luna would be interesting

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    I would definitely be interested in a new Eternals series. I wonder who could write it? Jonathan Luna would be interesting
    With a movie being optioned, it's a forgone conclusion that we'll get a new series.

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

I'd hope any new series would not try to follow the movies. They can't really do the Eternals on screen like they exist in the books (they certainly didn't make the movie Asgardians like the comic versions).

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw Vigilante View Post
    I'd hope any new series would not try to follow the movies. They can't really do the Eternals on screen like they exist in the books (they certainly didn't make the movie Asgardians like the comic versions).
    Actually, I think they could make the Eternals work more easily than the Asgardians on film.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    With a movie being optioned, it's a forgone conclusion that we'll get a new series.
    That’s why I thought I should bump the thread

I wonder if they will completely reboot the concept. I wouldn't mind if they tweaked the Eternals so that they weren't necessarily physical beings that have been around since the dawn of time, rather than concepts that are continuously reborn over and over and adapt to a changing world.

Sort of like The Endless or Promethea.
    Pull List:

Astonishing Member

I don’t think power levels are as important as scope. If the story is too big, it can’t support its own weight. That’s why events in recent years have started to fall flat. They were bigger than they really needed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I don’t think power levels are as important as scope. If the story is too big, it can’t support its own weight. That’s why events in recent years have started to fall flat. They were bigger than they really needed to be.
    I really think the Eternals should be a book that deals in abstracts and attempts to be a more "heady" title. I'd really like to see Marvel try do some experimental things with the property. They really don't fit the concept of the Marvel universe so I'd kind of lean into that, and have them remain part of it, but very unattached and sort of esoteric.
    Pull List:

It really seems like Marvel might be tying the Eternals to the Olympians based on the No Road Home redesigns. Especially with the rumored appearance of Herc in the upcoming film.
    Pull List: