Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: IvX #3 preview

BANNED

Psylocke is also more willing to spill blood compared to Rachel and those kids.
    Is she? Seems in UXM she's been taking a more peaceful approach and judging Magneto for being extreme.

Jean got help of the cuckoos to keep Karnak for that long. And you should all know that Jean is one of the most OP X-Men. I say Karnak breaking free on issye #3 is a reasonable decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    All of them are still young and have much to learn. Their mission was also to stall him which they did succeed despite his many years of experience over them in combating mental incursions.

Besides, despite their power Emma could run circles around all of them with raw skill and experience on her own and Rachel could overpower them. Heck, I'm sure they wouldn't leave without being somewhat traumatized as Rachel has seen some hardcore stuff. Such as how she only need a few seconds to traumatize and knock out Kid Omega when he tried to turn the tables on her during training.

Course if Emma wanted Karnak dead than she would have sent Psylocke who would only need a moment to get the jump on him before going stabby as I doubt she could hold Karnak longer than the 5 kids, Emma or Rachel. Psylocke is also more willing to spill blood compared to Rachel and those kids.
    What the hell does that have to do with Emma and Rachel honestly? They're not there, It's not a contest, you don't have to talk about how there are more powerful people every single damn post about Jean.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Is she? Seems in UXM she's been taking a more peaceful approach and judging Magneto for being extreme.
    Kinda, but she's been judging Magneto more for keeping things from her than for spilling blood.

BANNED

Course if Emma wanted Karnak dead than she would have sent Psylocke who would only need a moment to get the jump on him before going stabby as I doubt she could hold Karnak longer than the 5 kids, Emma or Rachel. Psylocke is also more willing to spill blood compared to Rachel and those kids.
    This is one of the potential match-ups that makes X's swearing off killing unfortunate. Karnak can see the flaw in all things, but can he seem them in all twenty-seven plans to kill him at once? Heck, even if she's NOT trying to kill him it'd be fun to see how he handles someone who can rapidly formulate multiple new strategies on the fly like that.

Course if Emma wanted Karnak dead than she would have sent Psylocke who would only need a moment to get the jump on him before going stabby
    Err... in issue #1, it's already 6h that he is traped in that mental loop without realizing it. If anyone wanted him dead, they would have had all the time needed to paint graffiti on his body, dress him in silly clothes and empty his credit cards before Killing him.

Has it been mentioned that the Inhuman Ulysses, the (kinda) precog, is nowhere to be found in this event so far? Civil War II hasn't ended yet. Are we to assume he bit the dust somewhere before now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    What happened to the art?

It takes Karnak 3 issues to flaw Jean Grey? that's some bs
    Bull. The idea of Karnak being any sort of threat to Jean Grey is laughable. He's a bug compared to her.

All the X-Men will have to be seriously jobbed for the Inhumans to stand any chance.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    Bull. The idea of Karnak being any sort of threat to Jean Grey is laughable. He's a bug compared to her.

All the X-Men will have to be seriously jobbed for the Inhumans to stand any chance.
    How is this Jean compared in hand to hand combat?

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    She knocked out Gladiator (and a part of the Imperial Guard). That wasn't really hand to hand but raw power (they just flew at each others)

Pure hand to hand against Karnak she'd have to get lucky. With all her powers in play he's probably going to need assistance.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    She knocked out Gladiator (and a part of the Imperial Guard). That wasn't really hand to hand but raw power (they just flew at each others)
    Thanks I was wondering since its been awhile since I read bendis's X-men run, I think I'll be re-reading lots of older X-men comics since I have marvel unlimited(:

BANNED

She'd obviously wouldn't stand a chance in hand to hand combat, but when you have as much raw power as she does, it's irrelevant.

She has telekinesis. She could just throw him in the wall or send him flying if he tried to throw a punch. But that's probably not what's gonna happen anyway for: reasons.

At first I thought that was Hellion turning his back on his people, but it turned out it was just some random Inhuman. This event really is a chance for Marvel to clean up all the Inhuman garbage they've accumulated. A bunch of characters that no one really cares about and that are drawn practically indetically to more popular characters.

As for the issue itself, this event is already a foregone conclusion. The X-Men won the first round, then the Inhumans win a round, then they unite to fight a greater threat, probably an X-Man gone rogue *cough* Emma *cough*.
    On ye olde CBR

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Jean is being jobbed, she could keep sedated indefinitely.
    Jean already agreed with (admitted to) Karnak that she couldn't keep the telepathic whammy up forever in IvX #1 -- So, I don't see how she's being jobbed there.

Throw in 3 Cuckoos and Karnak shouldn't stand a chance. Unless there's outside interference by the nuhumans.
    Karnak most likely freed himself more sooner that later because one (if not all three) of the Frostitutes was (were) too busy thinking (subterfuge) about Victor killing Inhumans instead of focusing on the actual plan...