Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    I loved this issue, also I doubt that if you're reading SPAWN, you'd have a tough time reading a generally lighthearted book.
    There are plenty of lighthearted-fun-style books out there to choose from nowadays.

The Incredible Hulk's not supposed to be a lighthearted fun book, hence the complaints. Just becomes someone might enjoy one book to more lighthearted doesn't mean they want every book they read to be that way.

Of course Cho isn't the Hulk, but Marvel is trying to push him as such.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

I think currently they might be hedging their bets on Cho or Jenifer Walters to be the Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    There are plenty of lighthearted-fun-style books out there to choose from nowadays.

The Incredible Hulk's not supposed to be a lighthearted fun book, hence the complaints. Just becomes someone might enjoy one book to more lighthearted doesn't mean they want every book they read to be that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    I think currently they might be hedging their bets on Cho or Jenifer Walters to be the Hulk.
    I think they've flipped the Hulk dynamic between Cho and Jen.

Cho gets to be the "Fun Hulk" who's relatively in control, while Jen is the more "Savage Hulk" who doesn't have as good a control over her Hulk side and has to manage her emotions and anger.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post

As for the Incredible Hulk not being lighthearted, well, I can say that in issues of Totally Awesome Hulk there is a subplot featuring Amadeus' grappling with his dark side. As confident and in control as he may appear, Amadeus seems to be dealing with fallout from accepting the Hulk. His moments of lacking control over his emotions and tendencies are what led Maddy to leave him.

As for Marvel pushing Amadeus as Hulk, it does appear to be that way. And as an Asian-American, I am supportive of whatever exposure Amadeus can get. I like how he is making the Hulk role his.

HOWEVER, while Amadeus is taking the Hulk role, Bruce Banner will always be my Hulk. I loved it when Bruce Banner Hulk did this during Secret Wars:

Gave the finger to Dr. Octopus:

Or lay a severe beatdown on the Abomination:

Amadeus may be the Hulk but he does have (no pun intended) some big shoes to fill. Additionally, Banner has played a significant role in the series and I do like Amadeus' moments with Bruce. For me it's both an acknowledgment of who came before and a passing of the torch.

I do think Bruce will come back. It's comics, everyone always comes back. However, for now, I'll enjoy my time with Amadeus.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."