Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Heroes written by Bendis do kill though. In the 616 and 1610.

Thinking about it, I believe it was Avengers Dissassembled that kicked off the MU characters using lethal force against their enemies.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Heroes written by Bendis do kill though. In the 616 and 1610.

Thinking about it, I believe it was Avengers Dissassembled that kicked off the MU characters using lethal force against their enemies.
    Heroes killed long before Bendis.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Quinch View Post
    I'm deliberately posting this here rather than in the X-men forum because my question is more about how the Sentinels are perceived by the wider Marvel universe (I think we know how the X-men feel about them).

As we all know the Sentinels are giant robots created by the U.S. government in order to hunt down mutants and kill them.

My question is, how the hell is this even legal? And why don't the citizens of the MU seem to care? I mean I could sort of understand it if Project Wideawake was some sort of shadowy secret program that only a select few knew about but the Sentinels were revealed to the world in a televised press conference by their creator Bolivar Trask and since then have appeared in public in broad daylight numerous times causing major damage to American cities. You would think this might be a cause of concern for the average voter.

And where are all the superheroes when this is happening? The U.S. government builds giant death machines to exterminate an unpopular minority group and Captain America is apparently okay with this? Has he or any of the other non-mutant heroes ever raised any moral objections to the existence of the Sentinel program?

Apologies if these questions have been asked and answered before but this is one of those things that has been bugging me for a while.
    Probably because it's not their problem. Sentinels target people with the mutant gene and the other superhero teams are not mutants so it's more like "it's not our problem, let them deal with it."

Or... they probably have their own stuff to deal with and don't want to tackle on something they think they can't defeat.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Heroes killed long before Bendis.
    Yes, but it used to be an extreme circumstance that got lots of in-universe criticism and debate. Now, it seems more accepted, or at least not as strongly and vehemently opposed as it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by x-men_fanatic View Post
    Probably because it's not their problem. Sentinels target people with the mutant gene and the other superhero teams are not mutants so it's more like "it's not our problem, let them deal with it."

Or... they probably have their own stuff to deal with and don't want to tackle on something they think they can't defeat.
    Because really, the Sentinels are the extreme end of government-sponsored and politically sanctioned bigotry against mutants. To deal with Sentinels, you have to deal with the politics that make Sentinels appealing or acceptable in the first place, and politics aren't something you can punch until it surrenders and agrees to go to jail. Unfortunately, superheroes aren't that good at addressing serious issues that can't be solved by punching the crap out of the right person or people, and that also applies to the X-Men, or else you'd see a lot more efforts on their part toward engaging in political and social advocacy. Of course, the flipside of that is that when every day is a literal fight for survival against people who want to see your people completely subjugated or exterminated and have state approval to make that happen, you might reasonably lose faith in the democratic/political process as a tool of justice and fairness for your people.
    The spider is always on the hunt.