Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    He did it all the time, even when there was no of the usual Bendis repetition on the page.

Like here. A better artist could actually have reflected Luke's thought process in the page instead of just using the same panel once with, once without word balloons.

Isn't that a Bendis page?

I would not at all be surprised if the script went
    Panel 3: Close up, Cage looking pensive.
    Panel 4: the exact same panel.

And I can't believe I'm defending David Finch's crappy art.

BANNED

I really doubt Bendis makes it that specific, as not all artists he works with do that. Seems rather random to blame the writer for the art of a comic.

BANNED

I really doubt Bendis makes it that specific, as not all artists he works with do that. Seems rather random to blame the writer for the art of a comic.
    I've read his scripts, Bendis really does ask for the same panels.
    And while some artists don't go along with that, his regular colaborators he likes to work with, like Oeming and Maleev, do follow that instruction to the letter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bendis - New Avengers 25
    3- Wide of across the opposite side of the street. Bystanders mill by. Busy new Yorkers.
    In the midst, standing under an awning of a deli, A man. Think Robert Downey junior in the movie kiss kiss bang bang. Eyes wide. Ragged. Hasn't shaved or slept but it kind of looks good.
    He is a little drunk. A little coked up. Sweaty, nervous. About to do something insane. We've never met this man before.
    4- Same but tighter, people walk by, the man, never taking his eyes off the cape killer's across the street pulls out a palm pilot type of devise and starts tapping it.
    5- Still working on his palm pilot, he looks up across the street. Intense. Sweating.
    6- Over the man's shoulder, He hits enter. We now see that this palm pilot is very high tech.
    7- Same as 5, but tighter. The man's intense glare. He looks across the street. This is the moment.
    8- Widescreen. Over the man's shoulder, looking wide across the street. The cape killers freeze in place. The armor is frozen, but its hard to notice just now.
    9- Same as 7.
    Last edited by Carabas; 07-13-2014 at 09:34 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I've read his scripts, Bendis really does ask for the same panels.
    And while some artists don't go along with that, his regular colaborators he likes to work with, like Oeming and Maleev, do follow that instruction to the letter.
    If you're going to be bringing actual factual information into the discussion, that's just going to screw the whole thing up.

BANNED

OK, I apologize. I never realized Bendis was asking for boring art in his comics as a stylistic measure.

Then again, one might argue he is just telling Finch that the panel shows the same scene, and it's Finch's choice to copy and paste.

I remember Dale Eaglesham once getting a script by Winick that showed Kyle Rayner and Allan Scott talking on a bench, and it was literally the same two panels for 3 pages or so, and Dale decided to have the two of them play chess with a light construct fantasy chess set. Boring pages instantly turned fun and memorable.
    Last edited by the4thpip; 07-13-2014 at 11:58 PM.

BANNED

Then again, one might argue he is just telling Finch that the panel shows the same scene, and it's Finch's choice to copy and paste.
    It happens in his creator-owned work, drawn/copy-pasted by the artists he most likes to work with.