Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    I am not a big fan of Kon nor do I know much about him. Sure I was vaguely aware of him but my real introduction was the Young Justice Show.

But someone at DC needs to bust out the OLD D&D Character Creation Sheet and Open the Wiki Page and needs to go down and actually map out the power set, character traits, skills and background for their characters especially any Teen Titan or Young Justice ones because it is a clusterfrak. Has been for a decade at least.

No I don't think he needs to be a sidekick. I am not sure what to do about his power set. I am against giving him full Jean Grey style TK with all the powers of Superman though that is just broken and OP. To use RPG terms getting all the benefits of the Wizard and Fighter is just broken. Its like an oldschool Druid.

Background wise yeah I know some will hate it but a mix of Clark Kent and Lex Luthor DNA is just the best method to go. Combine that with Cadmus. Kal and Lex will always be relevant and around in the Superman Mythos. Its a reliable origin that can easily translate into any medium.
    For someone who isn't into the character you have some common sense ideas about things.course common sense isn't one of DCs strong suits with the character,but he really is one of the easiest characters to get.

I've tried to think of a better origin without using the hybrid idea,but nothing is as easy or iconic as the Kal and lex one,but I would really love.it if they focussed on him being created by humans to recreate superman,with human DNA .The human quotient is the part that is the most important here,atleast to me.

I don't want him.overpowered either,BUT I do think he needs a lil of both,just not OP like you said,it would.kill the character quick.no more than 50% as powerful as kryptonian powerful as superman should be the line to draw,no more ever.TTK,and I mean touch TK,not levitating and psi blasting TK,should be the rest of his powerset.

And yeah 1 consistent powerset,character traits,skills and background would help Kon immensely,and I think it has actually hurt him,seeing as though nobody who uses him can stay consistent with anybody else using him.

I wouldn't want Kon to be a sidekick to anyone. I would rather he either get his own solo title again or be featured in a Teen Titans/Young Justice team along with Tim, Cassie, Bart, Kaldur/Jackson, Jamie, etc. I also hope they never make Kon and M'gann a romantic couple in the comics. I wasn't a fan of that pairing. I would much rather Tana Moon be (re)introduced.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

What I think would be cool is if instead of showing up at the daily.planet and kicking his feet up on a desk he went to lexcorp and did that at lex's desk.if he knew who his donors were from the start,and wanted to show lex that he was the best thing he ever created and that he wasn't under anybody's control.

I don't see him being a sidekick,more that he is the crowned prince and deserves everything lex has,course this will give him a bug head,and will need to be burst.

I also see him trying to prove that he is just as good or better than both his donors,which will lead to nothing but trouble for him.

Tana moon would be a amazing choice for him,she would fit into his larger than life personaliry,thinking he is the heir to 2 thrones,and she wouldn't be a superpowered girl like Cassie and Megan.it would also show respect to the original,as they should.i can see a 18 to 19 year old Kon being with a 21ish year old tana.

I don't really see kon back in his own series for awhile,atleast until he reemerges during the "rebirth" event,and in a YJ series,where a good,and "over" approach to him is shown and works

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I wouldn't mind seeing a few things, and in light of recent events, I think it has a chance of shaking out a specific way. He's a bit of my "evidence," so to speak:

-Knowing that Johns has a hand in literally every book in the DC: Rebirth line, I feel comfortable saying that he'll have a great deal of control over Kon.

-Given the fact that Johns has publicly expressed his dislike of the New 52 Kon, I can only assume we will be moving far away from that (mach in the same way we're doing with Superman and WW).

-YJ is coming back by popular demand. Add to this the fact that Kon no longer has a famous name (ie Superboy) to be recognized by so far less chance for an solo ongoing. This gives a good deal of credibility to the idea that Kon will be back in a YJ book.

Whatever this YJ book turns out to be, I hope it sets itself apart enough from TT and Titans to warrant it's being. As I've said elsewhere, Kon, Tim, Bart, and Cassandra are the middle children of DC. Overlooked, and underappreciated, because of the confusing time when they were created. Model the book after the show in some respects, and make it an espionage thriller with dynamic interpersonal relationships seeping through the cracks.

And Kon? Make him the beating heart of the group. If anyone here watches The Walking Dead, then Kon would be like Daryl, Tyreese, Morgan, and Glenn all rolled into one. The ultimate bleeding heart who wears his emotions one his sleeve, and is the very last to compromise. He stands firm behind his leader (Tim), is the dude that makes sh!t happen when the group needs it, but is also the first to speak up if Tim or the group goes too far. I also think a level of naivety and flat out innocence is needed. That would make him being placed in an espionage/inherently deceptive setting all the more fascinating to see unfold.

Just like how Morgan and Ty's main struggle in The Walking Dead is maintaining their values and sense of self in the face of the bleakness of the world, I think Kon should be much the same. Tim Drake would essentially be a smarter Rick Grimes (Walking Dead again). I think it would be fascinating to see the friendship and idealistic struggle between him and Kon as the espionage missions escalate, and blur the lines between black and white in the name of "the greater good."

I'd like to see him in an almost "older brother" role in terms of protectiveness over the group (maybe something brought about by his eventual interactions with Jon? Also because he can take the most damage), but he's still has his more impish nature (from when he was younger) which would at times almost be at odds with the role he's imposed on himself. Take note: it wouldn't be too impish because Bart fills that role far better, but best believe Kon is the first to sometimes indulge in a few jokes with Bart.

Simple, fun, and impactful, imo.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 12-28-2016 at 02:26 PM.

I am not a big fan of Kon nor do I know much about him. Sure I was vaguely aware of him but my real introduction was the Young Justice Show.

But someone at DC needs to bust out the OLD D&D Character Creation Sheet and Open the Wiki Page and needs to go down and actually map out the power set, character traits, skills and background for their characters especially any Teen Titan or Young Justice ones because it is a clusterfrak. Has been for a decade at least.

No I don't think he needs to be a sidekick. I am not sure what to do about his power set. I am against giving him full Jean Grey style TK with all the powers of Superman though that is just broken and OP. To use RPG terms getting all the benefits of the Wizard and Fighter is just broken. Its like an oldschool Druid.

Background wise yeah I know some will hate it but a mix of Clark Kent and Lex Luthor DNA is just the best method to go. Combine that with Cadmus. Kal and Lex will always be relevant and around in the Superman Mythos. Its a reliable origin that can easily translate into any medium.
    There are people who want to make Superboy into . . . Maxima????

What you've outlined is generally what should happen in my opinion. They need to go with the most classic / iconic take on the character. Most know the half Kal half Lex origin. Thanks to YJ, most are familiar with him having Superman's 1938 power level. Fans who remember him from the 90s know about his endless need to mention tactile telekinesis which was entirely unique to him. The tactile part of his power needs to be brought back. Physical golden age powers plus tactile telekinesis to bridge the gap in power levels or missing powers. He'd be a hybrid class like in most mmo's and rpgs. Not op physically and not op mentally. As for his personality, a mix of his 90s and the YJ season 2 version. A lot like the Smallville version.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I wouldn't want Kon to be a sidekick to anyone. I would rather he either get his own solo title again or be featured in a Teen Titans/Young Justice team along with Tim, Cassie, Bart, Kaldur/Jackson, Jamie, etc. I also hope they never make Kon and M'gann a romantic couple in the comics. I wasn't a fan of that pairing. I would much rather Tana Moon be (re)introduced.
    Neither would I. He's always been his own man. I doubt a solo is in the cards thanks to Jon taking taking the name and being advertised as the new Superboy. A young Justice book is more likely thanks to the show coming back. I would have preferred Kaldur showing up there as opposed to Teen Titans but oh well. I actually liked the Conner and Megan pairing. Would have preferred if it was the 90s version of Kon and her since that would have been a lot of fun. Each realizing that they are more than what they are and can choose who they what to be and just love life and have amazing adventures. But to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing a few things, and in light of recent events, I think it has a chance of shaking out a specific way. He's a bit of my "evidence," so to speak:

-Knowing that Johns has a hand in literally every book in the DC: Rebirth line, I feel comfortable saying that he'll have a great deal of control over Kon.

-Given the fact that Johns has publicly expressed his dislike of the New 52 Kon, I can only assume we will be moving far away from that (mach in the same way we're doing with Superman and WW).

-YJ is coming back by popular demand. Add to this the fact that Kon no longer has a famous name (ie Superboy) to be recognized by so far less chance for an solo ongoing. This gives a good deal of credibility to the idea that Kon will be back in a YJ book.

Whatever this YJ book turns out to be, I hope it sets itself apart enough from TT and Titans to warrant it's being. As I've said elsewhere, Kon, Tim, Bart, and Cassandra are the middle children of DC. Overlooked, and underappreciated, because of the confusing time when they were created. Model the book after the show in some respects, and make it an espionage thriller with dynamic interpersonal relationships seeping through the cracks.

And Kon? Make him the beating heart of the group. If anyone here watches The Walking Dead, then Kon would be like Daryl, Tyreese, Morgan, and Glenn all rolled into one. The ultimate bleeding heart who wears his emotions one his sleeve, and is the very last to compromise. He stands firm behind his leader (Tim), is the dude that makes sh!t happen when the group needs it, but is also the first to speak up if Tim or the group goes too far. I also think a level of naivety and flat out innocence is needed. That would make him being placed in an espionage/inherently deceptive setting all the more fascinating to see unfold.

Just like how Morgan and Ty's main struggle in The Walking Dead is maintaining their values and sense of self in the face of bleakness of the world, I think Kon should be much the same. Tim Drake would essentially be a smarter Rick Grimes (Walking Dead again). I think it would be fascinating to see the friendship and idealistic struggle between him and Kon as the espionage missions escalate, and blur the lines between black and white in the name of "the greater good."

I'd like to see him in an almost "older brother" role in terms of protectiveness over the group (maybe something brought about by his eventual interactions with Jon? Also because he can take the most damage), but he's still has his more impish nature (from when he was younger) which would at times almost be at odds with this. Take note: it wouldn't be too impish because Bart fills that role far better, but best believe Kon is the first to sometimes indulge in a few jokes with Bart.

Simple, fun, and impactful, imo.
    I hope so. I only feel a bit more confident thanks to the show coming back for another season. Before that, I've just been losing faith in DC and that show would be one of my last refuges. I'm fairly certain the only avenue is the covert team working under the JLA. It's different than what the Titans books are offering. The vibe would be reminiscent of Cyborg 009, the Young All Stars, and so forth. The relationships you've outlined in Walking Dead are a perfect fit. Mirrors a bit what Peter David did for their relationships. Kon and Tim in particular. They both had arguments regarding their mentors methods and I remember the moment that they almost came to blows on Apokolips. Kon operating in missions where lines are blurred and colors grey can provide amazing moments of introspection. Bart in a way can almost act as an anchor to remind him of fun and simple things in life. I like the big brother aspect. Kon had moments like this with his team in David's run and in the YJ show. Over protective, rough, but means well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    What you've outlined is generally what should happen in my opinion. They need to go with the most classic / iconic take on the character. Most know the half Kal half Lex origin. Thanks to YJ, most are familiar with him having Superman's 1938 power level. Fans who remember him from the 90s know about his endless need to mention tactile telekinesis which was entirely unique to him. The tactile part of his power needs to be brought back. Physical golden age powers plus tactile telekinesis to bridge the gap in power levels or missing powers. He'd be a hybrid class like in most mmo's and rpgs. Not op physically and not op mentally. As for his personality, a mix of his 90s and the YJ season 2 version. A lot like the Smallville version.
    Neither would I. He's always been his own man. I doubt a solo is in the cards thanks to Jon taking taking the name and being advertised as the new Superboy. A young Justice book is more likely thanks to the show coming back. I would have preferred Kaldur showing up there as opposed to Teen Titans but oh well. I actually liked the Conner and Megan pairing. Would have preferred if it was the 90s version of Kon and her since that would have been a lot of fun. Each realizing that they are more than what they are and can choose who they what to be and just love life and have amazing adventures. But to each their own.
    I hope so. I only feel a bit more confident thanks to the show coming back for another season. Before that, I've just been losing faith in DC and that show would be one of my last refuges. I'm fairly certain the only avenue is the covert team working under the JLA. It's different than what the Titans books are offering. The vibe would be reminiscent of Cyborg 009, the Young All Stars, and so forth. The relationships you've outlined in Walking Dead are a perfect fit. Mirrors a bit what Peter David did for their relationships. Kon and Tim in particular. They both had arguments regarding their mentors methods and I remember the moment that they almost came to blows on Apokolips. Kon operating in missions where lines are blurred and colors grey can provide amazing moments of introspection. Bart in a way can almost act as an anchor to remind him of fun and simple things in life. I like the big brother aspect. Kon had moments like this with his team in David's run and in the YJ show. Over protective, rough, but means well.

Like most times I agree with everything you write 13.you set it up perfectly,now DC needs to make it happen

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    There are people who want to make Superboy into . . . Maxima????

I sure don't.he would be overpowered if he was physically supermans equal,but also able to mentally equal him.on its own.we kinda got that with Geoff's Titans of tomorrow storyline,but I like to tweak the story where Kon ONLY had TTK,so when Freddy swings at him it's the field surrounding his body that blocks it,not a TK field a foot away from his body.also as soon as he loses focus he goes down,and hard,because he isn't physically as powerful as them.he would still be kryptonian level,just not as seamless,and way more open to getting his ass kicked.