Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Hands down the best life- action Brainiac.
    There's a guy named Don Sparrow who draws the traditional Brainiac hilariously close to that.

Boy that look has not aged well. It's easily Brainiac's 2nd worst look ever.
    Most people would probably tell you that the look without pants hasn't aged well. Of course, there is also a significant portion of the Superman reading population who bemoans the return of the trunks. Very subjective."Doesn't look right, hasn't aged well, new readers won't take him seriously." And yet now the almighty Batman is copying the return to trunks.

At least Panic in the Sky was a great story and Mcleod in general is a great artist.

I'm not an expert on the character, but I liked him a lot in the new 'Krypton' show. His ship also looked great and very comic accurate and also cinematic.

The more I think about it, the less I like a muscle-bound form for Brainiac. Brainiac shouldn't look like a pro wrestler, and absolutely does not need a hulking form to be imposing or intimidating.

Also, if there was a way to consistently show Brainiac as genderless / totally androgynous without any sensuality or sexuality, I'd be all for it.

I guess that's why I liked Brainiacs all-robot form from the 1980s the best: it's the least gendered form Vril Dox has ever taken so far.

The more I think about it, the less I like a muscle-bound form for Brainiac. Brainiac shouldn't look like a pro wrestler, and absolutely does not need a hulking form to be imposing or intimidating.

Also, if there was a way to consistently show Brainiac as genderless / totally androgynous without any sensuality or sexuality, I'd be all for it.

I guess that's why I liked Brainiacs all-robot form from the 1980s the best: it's the least gendered form Vril Dox has ever taken so far.
    I also mentioned in another thread in the DC Comics forum that for me Brainiac shouldn't have big muscles. I imagine him more like a tall and thin alien with a creepy face and eyes like a vampire. A very ancient one. And he should have a very powerful brain.

I kind of like the androgynous look. That could be a really cool twist for a cinematic Brainiac. I'm not sure I like the all-robot form, tho. I really like the idea of him having some kind of feelings, so that when Superman outsmarts him, it actually hurts him.

Retired

Robots have feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Robots have feelings.
    Indeed. He can still be all-robotic but have plenty of feelings - in fact, it would come as more of a shock if Brainiac is, mostly, all cold and calculating throughout the movie, with just a hint of an "animated/organic" personality, and in the end, when Superman has outsmarted him, he absolutely loses it and it turns out he's not so different from the organics.

Funny thing is that there was an in-universe explanation for the bulked look. It was a modification Brainiac made to his own organic body in order to give him super strength. Coluans don't naturally have the strength to fight Kryptonians.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I'm not an expert on the character, but I liked him a lot in the new 'Krypton' show. His ship also looked great and very comic accurate and also cinematic.
    I feel the same way. "Krypton" Brainiac is creepy as hell. *shivers*
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I liked Krypton Brainiac and TAS Brainiac.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    From a pure design standpoint I think Perez' nightmare robot with a brain has yet to be surpassed, although Superman: TAS cold android look is pretty rad as well. I guess that means I prefer robotic Brainiac over the classic green humanoid.
    George Perez did not redesign Brainiac. Perez only redesigned Lex Luthor in Action 544. The robotic Brainiac with the robot-head spaceship was designed by Ed Hannigan for that same issue.