Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Retired

There was the Pulsar Stargrave story, but don't ask me to explain it, because I don't think I could.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    There was the Pulsar Stargrave story, but don't ask me to explain it, because I don't think I could.
    I just read up on that on Wikipedia, and I gotta' agree... it's... hard to explain.

As MOST of Legion-continuity, alas.

Otherwise, for a much simpler story, check out the animated series "Superman and the Legion of Superheroes" for a fairly big and epic story about Brainiac-5 and Brainiac - B5 is possessed by the mind of B1 and has to eventually evolve himself into a mind more powerful than B1!

It's actually one of my favourite Superman-stories now, mainly because it features Superman truly INSPIRING another hero, and making that hero take the step to transcendence - to become MORE than what they were before, to stand above the pittyness of existence, to become... a SUPERMAN!

Great stuff. Especially the ending.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpSAT21BKt8

Now *THAT'S* what I wanna' see in my Superman-comics!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by L.R Johansson View Post
    I just read up on that on Wikipedia, and I gotta' agree... it's... hard to explain.
    I thought it was just "Screw Jim Shooter over".

I've always been a sucker for the 'New Braniac' of the 80s.

Resident of Central City RedWhiteAndBlueSupes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    I've always been a sucker for the 'New Braniac' of the 80s.
    I've never unsterstood the dislike for him, maybe just nostalgia but I thought he was cool.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedWhiteAndBlueSupes View Post
    I've never unsterstood the dislike for him, maybe just nostalgia but I thought he was cool.
    I think it was because he was so visually similar to Ultron. Perhaps some felt it made Brainiac less interesting. Recent stories have tacked on the "evolution" thing Ultron speaks about to Brainiac as a reason for why he takes cities and destroys worlds.

For those who don't know, most Ultrons look the same.

^ Ultron's Mark 11 and Mark 12.

Retired

Blame it on Rog-2000.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by TommyLindo View Post
    Doc Ock Brainiac? Haha, has potential. lol

Where did Brainiac come from? Who created him? Was he made in the Legion time and traveled into the past to fight Superman, or the other way around? How is Brainiac 5 related to Brainiac? How can they be really related if they are robots/computers?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Where did Brainiac come from?
    Colu

Who created him?
    Brainiac is either a flesh and blood alien, or a machine created to catalog and study alien life forms by the Computer Tyrants that rule Colu.

Was he made in the Legion time and traveled into the past to fight Superman, or the other way around?
    Other way around. As a machine/cyborg, Brainiac endures through time. Creating new models, 2.0, 3.0, 5.0 and all the way to 13 (from the 65th century), to continue his quest for domination.

How is Brainiac 5 related to Brainiac? How can they be really related if they are robots/computers?
    Depending on whether the Coluans are orgainic, cyborg or androids, Brainiac 5 either carries Brainiac 1's programming, or is biologically descended from him.

Organic family line. 1.0 through 5.0.

Cyborg Brainiac 1 created.

Line of androids who all carry Brainiac 1's code and programming. 1.0 through 5.0.

Last edited by Doctor Know; 01-17-2017 at 05:50 PM.

I really liked the LOSH tv show, can't believe they never even released season 2 on DVD. good description above, @ least his silver age interpretation anyway, was that Coluans were organic but created the super-android Brianiac to collect info from other worlds. My favorite Brianiac is still the purple shirt wearing pre-crisis Brianiac, he's just the most "iconic" to me, and most of his other looks are dirivitive of it.

Retired

The Coluans created the Computer Tyrants who created Brainiac. Vril Dox was an organic Coluan abducted to play Brainiac's son (Brainiac II), to complete Brainiac's disguise as a friendly Coluan. But Vril ran away and started the uprising on Colu that defeated the Computer Tyrants--Querl Dox aka Brainiac 5 is a descendant of Vril Dox. That's how SUPERMAN 167 tells it, anyway--not necessarily the true story.

The Coluans created the Computer Tyrants who created Brainiac. Vril Dox was an organic Coluan abducted to play Brainiac's son (Brainiac II), to complete Brainiac's disguise as a friendly Coluan. But Vril ran away and started the uprising on Colu that defeated the Computer Tyrants--Querl Dox aka Brainiac 5 is a descendant of Vril Dox. That's how SUPERMAN 167 tells it, anyway--not necessarily the true story.
    I might have to go track that issue down

BANNED

Hmm....the essential part of this is that evil carries the seeds of its own defeat....from great evil came the great good of Brainiac 5.