Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    Didn't stop McAvoy and Fassabender from bringing their A-game.
    Didn't stop Fassbender, at least.

But with the opportunities to shine the script gave him... honestly not a fair comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    It's a routine you get into.

The problem wasn't the chair, it was the blue goop being poisonous.
    It's not poisonous, nor has it been said to be so.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    I am personally not a fan of nude mystique. I'm not exactly asking for a revealing white dress wth a belt of skulls either, but I'm sure they can modernize that design easily, if they cared.
    Well, they seemed to be finally getting there at the end of Apocalypse...

Picture also illustrates my main beef here. The make up just doesn't work for me. It doesn't look real. She looks too inhuman. And this didn't bother me so much with Rebecca Romijn, whose Mystique was basically an inhuman, mass-murdering monster. And they have been using a much bluer blue since First Class. Romijn didn't look as fake to me.

And I'm just talking about the face here.

I understand the "we aren't the target audience" argument, because walking into a film thinking it will be word for word, beat for beat direct translations would be very foolish, especially given the medium and it's limitations. That being said, being blue...is the very basic. I'm not asking for anything crazy. Also, to an extent that is sort of belittling us a community, no? I'm starting to realize a lot of what I care about, when being adapted the "we don't matter" argument always applies. Does that mean they should have free reign and change everything? Do we not have a voice? I ask this just to know how far your belief of this extends.
    It's not so much the blue that is the practical problem. It's the prothetics, the latex, the glue...
    And no, until we put enough money into the movie to earn a Producer credit, we do not get a voice.
    Our input is pretty much restricted to not buying a tocket fpr the next movie if we didn't like the previous one at all. As it should be.
    I agree. I don't believe JL to be hard to work with in general, nor am I claiming that.
    You kind of did though.

Amazing Member

HEY!
    I found Dory!

BANNED

Relative of Waldo?

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Well, they seemed to be finally getting there at the end of Apocalypse...

Picture also illustrates my main beef here. The make up just doesn't work for me. It doesn't look real. She looks too inhuman. And this didn't bother me so much with Rebecca Romijn, whose Mystique was basically an inhuman, mass-murdering monster. And they have been using a much bluer blue since First Class. Romijn didn't look as fake to me.

And I'm just talking about the face here.

It's not so much the blue that is the practical problem. It's the prothetics, the latex, the glue...
    And no, until we put enough money into the movie to earn a Producer credit, we do not get a voice.
    Our input is pretty much restricted to not buying a tocket fpr the next movie if we didn't like the previous one at all. As it should be.
    You kind of did though.
    the irony is Romijin looked awesome, hell even JLaw looked pretty awesome in First Class where they used the same make up process and she couldnt just wave her oscar around for an ugly onesie.

It actually looks like skin and scarred markings rather than someone spray tanning her blue, which is essentially what they did in the following movies.

The next xmen movie doesn't need Jennifer Lawrence or Michael Fassbender. It only needs James McAvoy.
    They did agree an all or none.
    But in reality, we are tired of Raven and Magneto. We only need Xavier.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus101 View Post
    I'm not even a huge fan of hers, but "What's this we stuff?"
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Hell I will gladly sign on to some of that "we" action. I am tired of Mystique and Magneto.

Haven't seen Apocalypse and don't care if I ever do.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    the irony is Romijin looked awesome...
    Well, yes and no. Yes, it's a striking visual, but no, it doesn't look like Mystique. At all. She was like some monster from a particularily trashy horror movie.

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Magnus is secretly Venom. ... or the Queen of England.

Possibly both.

Seriously though, I'm ready to give those two characters a break myself.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus101 View Post
    I was tired of Xavier five minutes into the first movie.

Mighty Member

to be honest, we don't even need Xavier... because he usually gets punted out or sidelined by the 2nd act anyways. so, just ditch him altogether and have the kids try to find their own way.

the problem I had with Lawrence was that... basically it always boiled down to "will she pick Eric or Charles?". it's a love-triangle... and they can't keep milking that without it getting pretty dull and ruining the characters. if they're not going to do something new with her (or Magneto) then I say don't bring them back.

I would rather see them focus on jean, cyclops, and storm being the heroic buddy trio in the future. (keep away from the Cyclops, Jean, Logan love-triangle. that's been done to death even more than Magneto and Mystique!)

I've enjoyed Magneto thus far (because McKellan and Fassbender were both fantastic). but we need ANOTHER recurring villain who can be interesting. as others have said Mr. Sinister seems like the logical way to go.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Well, yes and no. Yes, it's a striking visual, but no, it doesn't look like Mystique. At all. She was like some monster from a particularily trashy horror movie.
    We disagree.

I always prefered (the good) movie mystique make up to the comics, being randomly blue didn't seem like a real mutation powers aside. But I always saw the movie version as giving her a chameleon like tint as a nod to her powers. Which I always found more visually interesting than oh she's just blue, which is what JLawstique became.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    I always prefered (the good) movie mystique make up to the comics, being randomly blue didn't seem like a real mutation powers aside.
    That's like saying being randomy perfectly normal caucasian not seeming like a real mutation, laser eyes, magnetic powers, or telepathy aside.

But I always saw the movie version as giving her a chameleon like tint as a nod to her powers. Which I always found more visually interesting than oh she's just blue, which is what JLawstique became.
    That's not what chameleons remotely look like, or even what chameleons do.
    Chameleons are not blue (unles you put them in a blue box, I guess) and they don't look like other kinds of animals.