Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    And fair to us? What does that even mean?
    She owes us! I mean, the character. Mystique has always... something. We're owed!
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

What I meant is if Fox really wants her back, and she really doesn't want to do the face prosthetics, she's not doing the face prosthetics.

Yeah, no. Apocalypse was a way worse part of Age Of Apocalypse. Who knew Poe Dameron could be so boring to watch?
    at least he put on his fricking makeup and didn't act bored the whole time.

What I meant is if Fox really wants her back, and she really doesn't want to do the face prosthetics, she's not doing the face prosthetics.

Well given where I stand now, that is fine if Fox wants her back since I'm no longer invested in their brand of X. But wouldn't that be unprofessional? Taking on a role knowing you'd have to wear a good amount of make up and prosthetics, only to groan about it when the time comes? The first time I can understand she was new to it, and if she was getting allergic reactions, than that is a no brainer-find another way.

Fair to us, meaning going to see a blue beast and/or seeing a blue mystique and getting little to no reason why they aren't the way they are. I should have said "me" though, I didn't mean to speak for others there. Granted that was the least of their and her problems, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    But wouldn't that be unprofessional? Taking on a role knowing you'd have to wear a good amount of make up and prosthetics, only to groan about it when the time comes?
    You've never bitched about your job, at all? Never said you'd like to keep your job, but change the circumstances in some small way?

That's not "unprofessional," that strikes me as just life.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    You've never bitched about your job, at all? Never said you'd like to keep your job, but change the circumstances in some small way?

That's not "unprofessional," that strikes me as just life.
    Well of course, but there is a such thing as being hard to work with in the acting industry. Not even saying she was some insane nuisance, just bringing up a point. She isn't wearing the makeup for every film she does. Now I'm a bit confused though, since when is wearing makeup/prosthetics negotiable in the acting industry? Other than the reasons regarding health.

I believe Zoe Saldana thinks it is exhausting as well, but I'm pretty sure she won't have more scenes where she isn't green as Gamora lol. Imagine that. Once again though, aesthetics are important to me, but they were still the last thing of importance regarding these films.

BANNED

When being paid millions of dollars, being required to wear face prosthetics is in a different league than pulling for casual-wear-Fridays. Jennifer jumped from $250,000 for First Class to a cool $6m. for DoFP. Please, honey, put on your face whatever they want you to.

But, then again, I think the reverence that lots of Hollywood actors get treated with is waaaaaay overblown.

BANNED

Someone muzzle her. I don't want her in X-men or the MCU.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    at least he put on his fricking makeup and didn't act bored the whole time.
    Bored looking actors are usually a director issue. Oscar Isaac acted like he was in a coma. I find this is generally a problem in all of Singer's attempts at action movies, especially during action scenes.

BANNED

Well given where I stand now, that is fine if Fox wants her back since I'm no longer invested in their brand of X. But wouldn't that be unprofessional? Taking on a role knowing you'd have to wear a good amount of make up and prosthetics, only to groan about it when the time comes? The first time I can understand she was new to it, and if she was getting allergic reactions, than that is a no brainer-find another way.
    I would blame this on the guy that said "instead of having Mystique look completely human with some simple blue make-up, like in the comics, let's get the girl stark naked and cover her in prosthetics that come with a health warning".
    What she has to put on her face is not make-up but a series of latex prosthetics that have to be glued on.

As for unprofessional, it's only unprofessional if it's in her contract she agreed to do it.

Fair to us, meaning going to see a blue beast and/or seeing a blue mystique and getting little to no reason why they aren't the way they are. I should have said "me" though, I didn't mean to speak for others there. Granted that was the least of their and her problems, but still.
    Well, I don't care even a tiny little bit about fair to us. We as a group most certainly have not earned fairness, to be frank. And we aren't even the target audience anyway.

Well of course, but there is a such thing as being hard to work with in the acting industry.
    Looking at everything else she'd one, interviews with co-stars and such, this does not seem to describe Jennifer Lawrence.

Not wanting to do full face prosthatics you have health issues with is generally considered sane and normal, not "hard to work with".
    Last edited by Carabas; 12-20-2016 at 01:04 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    When being paid millions of dollars, being required to wear face prosthetics is in a different league than pulling for casual-wear-Fridays. Jennifer jumped from $250,000 for First Class to a cool $6m. for DoFP.
    And that wouldbe true if she was actually required to wear them, but she's not.

Now I'm a bit confused though, since when is wearing makeup/prosthetics negotiable in the acting industry? Other than the reasons regarding health.
    Since when wasn't it negotiable for any reason?

The entire gig is negotiable. That's why actors have agents.

Sixty years ago, you could abuse the shit out of your actors and most of them would have to shut up and take it. Now, that's just David O Russell who can do that.

The wearing of specific kinds of makeup or specific types of prosthetic, especially when affecting the health of the performer, has been negotiable, roughy since they nearly killed the Tin Man.
    Last edited by t hedge coke; 12-20-2016 at 01:35 AM.

JLaw needs to put on her big girl panties and suck up. As fans we are owed a blue skinned mystique.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Uh....nah. I know Rebecca wasn't half the actor Jennifer is when she played Mystique but she was brilliant compared to Jennifer. I don't want to ever watch Jennifer's attempts at a character she's had nothing but disdain since she became famous.
    Rebecca's killing it in the librarians, and so far been somewhat unimpressed by Jennifer in the x-men first class trilogy.

BANNED

Always down for more Bloobs

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Dog View Post
    JLaw needs to put on her big girl panties and suck up. As fans we are owed a blue skinned mystique.
    We're not even part of the target audience. Fans never are and never will be owed anything.