Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

X-men aside, didn't Mystique originate as a Mrs. Marvel villain?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    What "high degree"?

Did she shout in on the streets? Does she say it to every person she meets every day? Write it on the bathroom wall next to a producer's phone number? Take out ads in Variety and banner space over the top five websites in the world?

There is no "high degree." ****, people complain louder in these threads than she is about any of it.

When she comes here and starts a thread about it... then I'll agree she's maybe gone too far.
    I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Well, they seemed to be finally getting there at the end of Apocalypse...

Picture also illustrates my main beef here. The make up just doesn't work for me. It doesn't look real. She looks too inhuman. And this didn't bother me so much with Rebecca Romijn, whose Mystique was basically an inhuman, mass-murdering monster. And they have been using a much bluer blue since First Class. Romijn didn't look as fake to me.

And I'm just talking about the face here.
    Oh I am well aware, it still needs work. They gave her a padded white dress..thing? lol It has a strange thickness to it, I can't tell if blue and white is just too harsh for film or if yet again they just missed the mark on the design.

It's not so much the blue that is the practical problem. It's the prothetics, the latex, the glue...
    And no, until we put enough money into the movie to earn a Producer credit, we do not get a voice.
    Our input is pretty much restricted to not buying a tocket fpr the next movie if we didn't like the previous one at all. As it should be.
    I concur. But just to get it clear, when it comes to adaptations you don't speak on preferences and what you would like to be seen carried over, because you assume it will be null?

You kind of did though.
    I was saying it as "You can argue so and so", It wasn't my stance exactly. Just playing devil's advocate so that perspective didn't go unheard. Everything else said, was specifically for these past X films.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Yes, she did. Rogue too.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    I was saying it as "You can argue so and so", It wasn't my stance exactly. Just playing devil's advocate so that perspective didn't go unheard. Everything else said, was specifically for these past X films.
    Whose perspective? And, about who?

If you didn't mean it about her, and it's not the perspective you hold or someone in the thread holds... other than stirring up **** or derailing the conversation with a non sequitor, what was the purpose?

I don't mean that as any kind of go against you, I'm just honestly not seeing what the point was, if it has nothing to do with the actual situation, the people in the situation, or the conversation at hand.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

That's like saying being randomy perfectly normal caucasian not seeming like a real mutation, laser eyes, magnetic powers, or telepathy aside.
    It's not, we have stripes that were basically faded away by the sun's effect on our skin, they come back under certain conditions. Being blue doesn't have years of earth exposure to achieve such effects. Obviously over thinking it, but it's a science based explanation rather than "you cant just randomly be blue and call it mutation" :P

That's not what chameleons remotely look like, or even what chameleons do.
    Chameleons are not blue (unles you put them in a blue box, I guess) and they don't look like other kinds of animals.
    I just meant texture and scales.

BANNED

LOL she wants to be in GotG. Watch out Anna Faris, JLaw comin for that Pratt D

Personally I'd like to see Lawrence reprise her role as 'Talented Young Actress Who Works Like She Gives A S*** About Her Projects' first.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Didn't stop Fassbender, at least.

But with the opportunities to shine the script gave him... honestly not a fair comparison.
    Fassbender over McAvoy? Fassbender just shouted a lot in the last film. Which isn't his fault given that's all he was told to do but you can tell that he doesn't like these movies. McAvoy was the highlight of Apocalypse (not exactly a high achievement though).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mastermind View Post
    Fassbender over McAvoy? Fassbender just shouted a lot in the last film. Which isn't his fault given that's all he was told to do but you can tell that he doesn't like these movies. McAvoy was the highlight of Apocalypse (not exactly a high achievement though).
    I don't know. Maybe it's just because I don't like Xavier, period. It's hard to be objective anout these things.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    She did but Claremont wrote that book and created the character so he brought her over to the X-Men when that book ended. Same with Deathbird who also started out in Ms. Marvel. He also brought over Sabertooth from his Iron Fist series.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mastermind View Post
    "IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT FROM ME!" is literally the only time he shouted in that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by unholyrevenger72 View Post
    LOL she wants to be in GotG. Watch out Anna Faris, JLaw comin for that Pratt D
    Mystique in space?
    Kitty comes first.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Mystique in space?
    Kitty comes first.
    This is just the dirtiest thread.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    This is just the dirtiest thread.
    Pryde Pryde Pryde Pryde.

*I shout that as I run away*
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Sofia Boutella should be Mystique.