Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Tony Stark Vs Joker

1-
    MCU Tony Stark *in civilian clothes
    Vs
    Nolan Joker

2-
    Ironman is the only existing hero in 616 marvel when Joker comes through a portal and decided to lay claim to New York. At th same time he is given knowledge about Ironman's identiy. Stark begins with his starter suit when hunting for Joker. Who wins this game of cat and mouse? Can Tony Save the ones he loves?

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

I want to say that Tony isn't exactly the detective Bruce is...but TDK Bruce wasn't that much of a detective either. Given how completely outgunned Ledger-Joker has the capacity to be here, I don't see things going his way a majority of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

One thing's for certain, Joker can't play the "killing me will break your one rule" card like he did with Nolan Batman. Stark doesn't have any qualms about killing his enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime Harder View Post
    I want to say that Tony isn't exactly the detective Bruce is...but TDK Bruce wasn't that much of a detective either. Given how completely outgunned Ledger-Joker has the capacity to be here, I don't see things going his way a majority of the time.

MCU Stark is a better detective than Nolan Bats, substantially so.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    MCU Stark is a better detective than Nolan Bats, substantially so.
    at the very least, he has vastly better CSI skills.

Tony could find him, but can he really put down the Joker and his goons without a suit?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Tony could find him, but can he really put down the Joker and his goons without a suit?
    What goons? The particularities of fight one mean that its Tony and the Joker only, which I assume are in the arena.

Stark in civilian clothes means he has at least an Iron Man gauntlet as standard, probably more. This is a guy who roughly aim dodges masses of trained security personnel and is able to at least dodge from an extremis-enhanced Killian.

The Joker has *no* guns as standard. Only knives and lint.

Tony shoots him.

If the specifics are in a scenario, having no suit doesn't bother Tony the least. All he has to do is raid a hardware store and he's got an arsenal within a day, tops. This is a guy who was able to cobble together the Mark I, in a cave, with a box of scraps.

It's not in the arena. It's a scenario, set in New York.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    It's not in the arena. It's a scenario, set in New York.
    Even better for Tony then. He just calls forth the Iron Legion or House Party and calls it a night.

BANNED

Yes, MCU Tony can. Even while stark(yes, pun intended...) nekkid.

"Jarvis, send in the Iron Legion."

He'd buy a gun
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Just to note...In fight 1 Ironman isn't meant to have any weapons like his van get and stuff. That'd be a pretty blatant curbstomp in his favor given hes definitely the faster of the two fighters here.

And for fight two, while MCU Tony can probably find the joker much easier, I don't think he'll be able to prevent Joker from getting his grubby hands on his loved ones. And unlike Bruce, I see Tony being willing to come forward and reveal he is Ironman to the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    Just to note...In fight 1 Ironman isn't meant to have any weapons like his van get and stuff. That'd be a pretty blatant curbstomp in his favor given hes definitely the faster of the two fighters here.
    Then you should revise your OP, as Tony definitely keeps with him at least an Iron Man gauntlet as standard in his civilian clothes.

And for fight two, while MCU Tony can probably find the joker much easier, I don't think he'll be able to prevent Joker from getting his grubby hands on his loved ones. And unlike Bruce, I see Tony being willing to come forward and reveal he is Ironman to the world.
    I don't know if you actually watch the movies, as the world already know's he's Iron Man since the first movie.

The only loved ones Tony has are Pepper Potts, Happy Hogan and Rhodes. Rhodes is typically armed and is a trained soldier. Same with Happy to a lesser extent. That leaves the weak link at Pepper. The Joker touches her and he *definitely* dies. Tony has no compunctions against killing people.

In any case, it's extremely easy for Tony to simply just assign Jarvis with a full-on Iron-Man armor or Iron Legion to each loved one. So the Joker and his goons will have to go through a killer robot before they get to any loved one.
    Last edited by Twickster; 12-22-2016 at 05:17 AM.

BANNED

I don't really think the Joker is going to make any kind of move until he has aquired roughly equivalent tech, or at least the ability to take control of the Iron Legion.

It's not as if he's on a schedule or anything. Nolan Joker likes prep and planning

A lot of Joker's prep depends on him being in a universe with an incredible amount of corruption and apathy. A lot of his success is due to being able to bribe and intimidate people, and people just generally looking the other way because of its-not-my-problem-itis. He can pretty much only get away with this sort of thing in the Gotham of that movie, or similarly over-the-top corrupt places like Sin City and the White Wolf World of Darkness. Marvelverse isn't corrupt to such an over-the-top degree. Which means he gets arrested trying to transport in his huge gasoline bombs.