Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Batman #13 Preview/Discussion

Here it is:

I'm still expecting Jewelee and Punch to make it out of this alive, it's all part of some Catwoman's master plan!

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I know I watched too much wrestling as a kid when my first reaction is: Perfect Plex!
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I know I watched too much wrestling as a kid when my first reaction is: Perfect Plex!
    Me too

Something is definitely going to go down, I just don't know what! I doubt that the pair are actually dead. Their is sooooo! going to be a twist

Hmm...I don't know what it is, but Janin's art feels off in these pages, less refined and sharp then usual.

Probably just me though.

Naked Bane .

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Here it is:

I'm still expecting Jewelee and Punch to make it out of this alive, it's all part of some Catwoman's master plan!
    Unless she only barely cut his neck without killing him, I sincerely doubt that they are gonna be ok. Hell I really feel bad for Bronze Tiger, especially since Bane forcibly got him addicted to Venom.

I can't tell what's happening but it looks like whatever plan Batman had went straight to hell. Then again who knows why the ventriloquist is even here so maybe something works out?
    Last edited by sifighter; 12-19-2016 at 07:51 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I really think there's a plan that's going on here with Bruce and Selina. It looks really certain that Selina actually killed all those people at this point, but I really, really doubt she killed the other team members.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

So they just give venom to Bane's prisoners? um why? Bane is taking Bruce to Suplex City and I find it weird that no character has commented on Bane being naked. From Selina's position his entire butt is 100% visible.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    So they just give venom to Bane's prisoners? um why?
    Venom is addictive and Bane controls it. You get your prisoners addicted to something, and they'll do what you say. It doesn't look like they're getting significant amounts.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Unless she only barely cut his neck without killing him, I sincerely doubt that they are gonna be ok.
    I'm guessing they used some kind of latex appliance and spare blood to make it look like they were killed. Punch had a fake hand earlier and disguised himself as Gordon after all. He can probably manage such a device.
    Last edited by Caivu; 12-19-2016 at 10:13 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    So they just give venom to Bane's prisoners? um why? Bane is taking Bruce to Suplex City and I find it weird that no character has commented on Bane being naked. From Selina's position his entire butt is 100% visible.
    From where she's sitting, it looks like she's admiring it .

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

If this is their plan to have her go toe to toe character-wise with Marvel's Evil Black Cat (who as of her appearance in "Patsy Walker aka Hellcat!" has gotten a magical gem that enables her to convert anyone she scratches with her claws to her Evil alignment), then they just lost a fan. The idea of turning her from DC's greatest thief to greatest mass killer is absurd. She's not in a "Dynasty Warriors" game, damnit!

And ruins her image for the planned "GCS" film in the future. Like how's the MCU "Captain Marvel" character going to fly with fans after "Civil War II"?
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    And ruins her image for the planned "GCS" film in the future. Like how's the MCU "Captain Marvel" character going to fly with fans after "Civil War II"?
    No it doesn't. An overwhelming majority of people who see superhero films do not give a wet slap about comics. They will not care about how Selina's portrayed here, at all.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Bane kills Catwoman. Suicide cuz of her unbearable murders. All in effort to help Batman. Also, she reveals the rest of her letter devising her plan to Batman and that's why he tells her about his own suicide attempts as a kid.
    Last edited by thefiresky; 12-20-2016 at 12:32 AM.
    Pulling:
    Batman, Detective Comics, The Sentry, Mister Miracle, Venom

There is something very off here, first of all, Batman just rushing at Bane like this? Ventriloquist being here and doing nothing? Something big is about to happen.

Really enjoying I Am Suicide, very well written, art is also spot on.
    With blood and rage of crimson red,
    Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead,
    Together with our hellish hate,
    We'll burn you all,
    That is your fate!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Venom is addictive and Bane controls it. You get your prisoners addicted to something, and they'll do what you say. It doesn't look like they're getting significant amounts.
    Makes one wonder will the beast consume Bronze Tiger and he's under Bane's thrall in "I AM BANE" ? :O