Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Incredible Member

I've only been reading this arc monthly (as a fan of Bronze Tiger, I normally read BATMAN in trade) and I have to say its not until this issue that I've been enjoying this arc but for me, everything came together.

I enjoy Weskler's role and Punch and Jewelee. I'm not sold on King's take on Catwoman but it will all depend how King handles the next issue which is meant to focus on Batman and Catwoman.

Cheers.

James.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I attributed this to the artist reading King's bad scripts and thinking to himself: Man, I have to do something to make this comic interesting.

On a side note, the husband/wife team (whatever their names were) seemed interesting when first introduced but then were delegated to chewing bubble gum and waiting outside in a floating raft that's going to take them to a bat-super-sub.

WTF? Are you serious??? SMH

What's the point? It's not like Batman - the same man who bucking bronco-ed a 747 in issue 1 and defeated like 1,000 bad guys by himself in issue 12 - couldn't just have everyone climb on his back and then he could swim to the sub. Or maybe he just brings his own chewing gum-floaty raft stuff and does it himself.

Damn, King writes some absolutely stupid shit. At least in this issue he only told naked Bane he was going to break his back once.

Each issue I keep thinking it will get better. But it doesn't.

(I will say one - or two - nice things about this issue. The Ventriloquist and the final speech Batman gave to Bane. Rare moments of readability in an otherwise strike out.)
    You didn't like the bubble gum raft? Lol, the absurdities bring some levity to the super serious Batman tone.

Yeah, it's stupid...but it's not impossible, it's Batman. Lol
    "yeah, chum, the devil you say, bunkie" - claremont

Good issue, ending was very well written, that page when Batman tells Bane to be happy and to not come after him? Fantastic. I didn't enjoy Batman's plan that much but I didn't have problem with the explanation either. So overall good issue and a good arc.
    With blood and rage of crimson red,
    Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead,
    Together with our hellish hate,
    We'll burn you all,
    That is your fate!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman1117 View Post
    While I love Catwoman, her single whip-assisted jumpick was not enough to break the back of a hulk who has beaten Batman to a pulp on more than one occasion. I would have like to see her use some speed, acrobatics, and cat-like grappling of her own to break Bane's back while leaving him with a few scars as well.
    I enjoyed the story, but was just underwhelmed by Bane's defeat. Everything else was pretty good. The artwork was great. Janin actually made Catwoman look attractive, which is hard for most artists to do with her current outfit.
    Even without venom, it was too easy to catwoman break his damn back.

this arc was all meh