Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Well talk about surprises, good to see you again Mr. Holmes.

I agree on the need for real discussion. I'm SOOOOO over shipping of any kind for.

To answer the question at hand I'll say it looks promising. Pak and Soule are 2/3rds of the minds behind this so I think it'll be more than just Doomsday. Pak actually addressed this multiple times in interviews so this at least tells me that they know the stigma that is the one note Doomsday. Pak promises an issue of big action "unlike anything we've seen in comics so far" in the Superman: Doomed one shot. Then he says that's only the beginning. The fallout is the real meat of the story. Superman will be dealing with the idea of becoming Doomsday in some manner. We're told it will turn into an epic along the way. When Pak tells me that I feel like I can believe him.

I also hear you can just follow one book. So my plan is to just read Pak and the one shot and play the rest by ear (maybe). Hope that helps.
    Yeah, but that's because you're pretty much shipping yourself with Greg Pak at this point, amIright?
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

So far, we have very little to go on. The in story stuff has been brief with a few pages of Doomsday here and there. I'm not a fan of Doomsday either. Though the idea of a virus that can infect and change Superman seems intriguing. It adds another level of danger to Doomsday beyond the physical stuff. Though really, Doomsday himself doesn't seem all that interesting. He's still a mindless monster that goes on a rampage. I doubt this arc will change your mind about Doomsday. The real meat of the story seems to be the aftermath and what happens to Superman. I think Doomsday may actually end up being a rather small part of Doomed. So you may want to check it out to see what happens with Superman himself. Pak has been great in Action and Soule has been doing well with SM/WW. So we have some real talented writers handling the story.

I always avoid interviews so I don't get overhyped/spoiled/underhyped, so this is the first time I've heard of Superman getting infected & changing...

Ugh.

It was bad enough when Cheetah changed him into a cat-monster-thing in Justice League. It was bad enough when the E-3 Atom was able to enter his brain & activate his heat vision by just poking around in Trinity War. Now he'll turn into something again?

Ugh. Superman getting jobbed. Again. At least DC is being consistent with the Pre-N52 universe, I guess.

I'm pretty excited about it, specially with Pak and Soule being part of the creative team.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    I always avoid interviews so I don't get overhyped/spoiled/underhyped, so this is the first time I've heard of Superman getting infected & changing...

Ugh.

It was bad enough when Cheetah changed him into a cat-monster-thing in Justice League. It was bad enough when the E-3 Atom was able to enter his brain & activate his heat vision by just poking around in Trinity War. Now he'll turn into something again?

Ugh. Superman getting jobbed. Again. At least DC is being consistent with the Pre-N52 universe, I guess.
    iDK, this is not a story that I have too much interest on reading. Superman turning into Doomsday? doesn't seem to be that much heroic for me. For a line that being very bland, I will do some glances or just enter Johns run.

I'm a sucker for anything Superman related. So I will be getting this.
    Anywho, I want this to work. I have faith that Pak can make me care for Doomsday, like he made me care for those little white kitty things.
    Soules SM/WW has been good too. I also trust that Soule will do this crossover justice.
    From what I've heard and read, this story goes right into summer. Also they are dedicating an issue of BM/SM for this as well.
    5 days to see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Brik-el View Post
    I'm a sucker for anything Superman related. So I will be getting this.
    Anywho, I want this to work. I have faith that Pak can make me care for Doomsday, like he made me care for those little white kitty things.
    Soules SM/WW has been good too. I also trust that Soule will do this crossover justice.
    From what I've heard and read, this story goes right into summer. Also they are dedicating an issue of BM/SM for this as well.
    5 days to see what happens.
    Same here!!

Ugh.

1. Cheetah was beefed up to compete with the big leagues. She's magic and really fast. Without that Supes mops the floor with her with his pinky
    2. Atomic a stuck a sliver of Krypronite in his brain. That would cause more damage than just her poking around.

Ugh.

I'd be highly surprised to see any jobbing of any kind. In fact I'm pretty sure the only reason Superman gets infected in the first place is because he beats Doomsday. The virus I think is an evolutionary mechanism. Doomsday is trying to become the being that bested him in combat.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Pak's ACTION COMICS has been a real load of fun. Gorgeous artwork from Mr. Kuder, and just lots of fun SUPERMAN stuff. He nails the character.

I have no interest in DOOMSDAY though. Gonna skip the event.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    Yeah, but that's because you're pretty much shipping yourself with Greg Pak at this point, amIright?
    Guilty as charged My love for Pak knows no bounds!!!

Good to see you again btw!

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Pak's ACTION COMICS has been a real load of fun. Gorgeous artwork from Mr. Kuder, and just lots of fun SUPERMAN stuff. He nails the character.

I have no interest in DOOMSDAY though. Gonna skip the event.
    If I could give my 2 cents on this I'd say at the very least pick up Action and Superman: Doomed #1. They both come out on the same day and Action will be doing it's beautiful Pak n Kuder thing. Why starve yourself of them, man!? Why!?

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Guilty as charged My love for Pak knows no bounds!!!

Good to see you again btw!
    Good to see you too.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Welcome back you guys.

Superlad, I'll take that advice. I can't deny my eyes any Kuder.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Welcome back you guys.

Superlad, I'll take that advice. I can't deny my eyes any Kuder.
    Doing otherwise would be criminal.