Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    name a mutant who's cooler than Moon Girl?
    Moon Boy, Devil Dinosaur's original friend

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Moon Boy, Devil Dinosaur's original friend
    Not a mutant, but STILL cooler.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoFuriousGeorge View Post
    Isn't Devil Dinosaur already a mutant? I thought that was why he's red, his side kick doesn't need to be a mutant too :P

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Isn't Devil Dinosaur already a mutant? I thought that was why he's red, his side kick doesn't need to be a mutant too :P
    He is indeed a mutant. I forgot about that.

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoFuriousGeorge View Post
    Hes a mutant, just not a "human" mutant

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    The problem isn't really what editorial or writers think about the x-men per se. As you said, their opinions has no impact on my enjoyment of the xmen.

The real problem is what these opinions will do to future generation of x readers (I.e., fewer people will be exposed to them which will theoretically cause interest to slowly trickle away over time). The less that the x-men are talked about as iconic characters in the marvel line, the less that new readers will be exposed to them. Throw in the lack of exposure to toys and games and it gets even worse.
    That's already taken effect. Go ask a kid who their favorite X-Men is... Without the seeds of nostalgia planted in young minds, as we age and detach from the comic world, so do the X-Men. So it's up to us. We must read and rant to the grave. Simple.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    People have opinions.

X-Boards outraged!

Must be tuesday.
    Your trolling attempt falls flat here. Nobody here is really 'outraged', since we all already knew that editorial preferred the Inhumans, if for no other reason than the fact that they bend over backwards in order to make their tacit approval of genocide a legitimate argument,

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Namor'sWrath View Post
    Your trolling attempt falls flat here. Nobody here is really 'outraged', since we all already knew that editorial preferred the Inhumans, if for no other reason than the fact that they bend over backwards in order to make their tacit approval of genocide a legitimate argument,
    Rrriiiiiiight.

So, not outraged, just fan-paranoid.

If editorial preferred the Inhumans, we'd see seventeen Inhumans titles right now, not a relaunch with a bunch of new mutant books.

Having enemies, being attacked or threatened is what happens to superheroes. It's what happens to the X-Men.

"Their tacit approval of genocide." The ****.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    That's already taken effect. Go ask a kid who their favorite X-Men is... Without the seeds of nostalgia planted in young minds, as we age and detach from the comic world, so do the X-Men. So it's up to us. We must read and rant to the grave. Simple.
    While ranting is a valid tactic, what I do is:

1.) share any xmen news with my casual superhero movie friends who don't reed comic books.
    2.) buy or read xmen comics to my friend's kids
    3.) dress up as xmen at conventions

All we can do is hope to keep the franchise relevant until someday marvel re attains the movie rights or fox and marvel make a deal.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Rrriiiiiiight.

If editorial preferred the Inhumans, we'd see seventeen Inhumans titles right now, not a relaunch with a bunch of new mutant books.

Having enemies, being attacked or threatened is what happens to superheroes. It's what happens to the X-Men.

Explain "fan-paranoid."

Because it sounded rather insulting.

Those were Marvel employees in that video, and the video made it a point to show that more of them preferred the Inhumans. Therefore, it seems safe to say that Marvel prefers the Inhumans. Where am I wrong?

All these writers trying to sell Inhumans for their culture and identity... what is their culture and identity? I've given Inhumans comics a chance for several years, and they just keep failing at making engaging storylines and actually telling you what the inhumans are all about other than recycled storylines.

So i call BS on all this stuff, because Marvel is just desperate to sell them but they aren't even trying to write them. Like, I can't even name more inhumans past Crystal, Medusa & Blackbolt

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    oooooooh corporate koolaid! LOL OMG that was so bad. "because I grew up with the X-Men, in the 90's". I guess Marvel thinks the X-Men are only good for nostalgia and the Inhumans are just so much better "by a mile" LOL.
    Not surprised. Over in the Spidey corner, that's how Dan Slott talks about Peter and Mary Jane's marriage and its fanbase. And I paraphrase "It's like Sheldon Cooper mentality. They are only mad because they are too familiar with it and are now getting something different".

Only if Marvel were to ignore the economic realities. Titles have to carry their weight and bring in some money too.

BANNED

Rrriiiiiiight.

It's not as simple as you're making out to be, but i doubt you care.
    Last edited by Punch Dimension.; 12-21-2016 at 04:04 AM.

They may prefer Inhumans but they still have to sell some books. Mostly Inhumans books just wouldn't do the job.