Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Whatever happened to Jean Grey's sister Sarah?

Back then in the mid 1990s wasn't there a backstory on Jean Grey and her sister where when they were kids, that Jean did something horrible to her sister or something?

she was killed by the Phalanx and absorbed into their collective.

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    she was killed by the Phalanx and absorbed into their collective.
    Was this the "End of the Grey's" storyline or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    I think it was just before the Phalanx Covenant.

No. End of Grey happened years later, when Jean was already dead for some time.

Sarah was killed by people working for Cameron Hodge and her body was absorbed by the Phalanx in the "Phalanx Covenant" crossover. I think it was in 1994. End of Grey was in 2006.

There isn't much stories with Sarah. The only one I can think of is when she and Jean (Phoenix) were kiddnaped by Attuma. Attuma altered her DNA so she could live underwater (but couldn't breath air anymore) and Jean, as Phoenix, transformed her back.

If I remember right Sarah had been missing for a long time, maybe as far back as X-Factor and it was later discovered that the Phalanx had taken her. Sarah's two kids were being raised by Jean's parents after that if I remember right. Don't know where they are now but I assume they died in end of Grey's too.

BANNED

No.

Back then I do know when Jean Grey was,a little girl either she and her sister were on swings and Jean did something. That or it was a childhood friend of Jean where Jean did something to that friend when they were on the swings. It happened in uncanny x Men as a short flashback story

Quote Originally Posted by paurru View Post
    No.

Back then I do know when Jean Grey was,a little girl either she and her sister were on swings and Jean did something. That or it was a childhood friend of Jean where Jean did something to that friend when they were on the swings. It happened in uncanny x Men as a short flashback story
    I remember the issue. I think Jean felt guilty because her sister was targeted because of her. She was on a swing and her father was behind her and they were talking. It was just before the Fall of Avalon.

Sarah's children Joey and Gailyn were killed in End of the Greys.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Has any book ever touched on teen Jean finding out her entire family was killed because of her older self? I mean the Shi'ar wiped out her parents, grandparents, niece, nephew, uncles, aunts, and cousins. She literely has no close family left and it all stems from her being and X-men. You would think that would crush her knowing that in some way she (at least her older self) is to blame for what happened because of the choices she made in life. Even the death of Sarah is in a way Jeans fault because if it was not for her being an X-Men they would have probably left Sarah alone to begin with.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

there was a proposed storyline in the das of the original X-Factor that Sarah Grey was supposed to be introduced as the new female member of the team, actually. it was dropped and they toyed around with introducing Dazzler as well but then Jean, as usual, got shoehorned into the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    there was a proposed storyline in the das of the original X-Factor that Sarah Grey was supposed to be introduced as the new female member of the team, actually. it was dropped and they toyed around with introducing Dazzler as well but then Jean, as usual, got shoehorned into the roster.
    As usual? Really? Jean was dead since many years. Someone came-up with a way to bring her back and the editors jumped on it. Your prejudice are showing.

Dazzler was created for marketing. A company paid Marvel so they would create a character for their advertising. When the result wasn't what they expected, they gave-up on the idea but Marvel continued to use the character.
    Last edited by Narasinha; 12-17-2016 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    Dazzler was created for marketing. A company paid Marvel so they would create a character for their advertising. When the result wasn't what they expected, they gave-up on the idea but Marvel continued to use the character.
    She was supposed to be black too!

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Has any book ever touched on teen Jean finding out her entire family was killed because of her older self? I mean the Shi'ar wiped out her parents, grandparents, niece, nephew, uncles, aunts, and cousins. She literely has no close family left and it all stems from her being and X-men. You would think that would crush her knowing that in some way she (at least her older self) is to blame for what happened because of the choices she made in life. Even the death of Sarah is in a way Jeans fault because if it was not for her being an X-Men they would have probably left Sarah alone to begin with.
    That's what you are looking for?

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

God I wish that had been written by a better writer than Bendis. That had pretty much zero emotion to it.