Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by yet another View Post
    I don't think a handful (less than 10?) of stores would add up to a couple of hundred copies (assuming per issue and not all the issues).

A big problem for stores (going by Brian Hibb's writings) is that so many titles only sell a few copies, making it easy for them to lose money if they misjudge the demand.

A fringe title like ANI would sell less than 10 copies per store, likely also less than 5 in many.
    Yeah, I used to work at a shop and that lines up with our ordering habits. Not taking customer preorders into account, I doubt we would have ordered more than 10 copies for the very first issue of ANI. I skewed high to illustrate the point - any contribution the CompleX had to the supposed failure of the Inhumans books is negligible. Frankly, I don't think the sales of the Inhumans titles are that out of line with most of Marvel's recent launches.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Not surprised. Over in the Spidey corner, that's how Dan Slott talks about Peter and Mary Jane's marriage and its fanbase. And I paraphrase "It's like Sheldon Cooper mentality. They are only mad because they are too familiar with it and are now getting something different".
    DC commited the same mistake and now is apologizing with good results. I love different things, but not everything different is good or suited to comic properties

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    There were multiple accounts of retailers turning fans away from the book or not ordering any, then theres the abuse complexers sent James Asmus. He himself said complexers were part of the reason the book got cancelled.
    [citation needed]

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    Ditto with Tom King's other title at the time, The Omega Men at DC. That was universally praised yet underperformed in sales, almost only getting seven issues instead of the twelve it wound up spanning. The main reason it got the twelve issues in the end was fan outcry.
    And its doing great on trades I think
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Thanks for information. I wonder how many ANI supporters were kidnapped to stop this book.
    I still got a few in my basement

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    I still got a few in my basement
    haha good one

I still don't understand why x-men fans "must" buy inhumans books? Maybe Marvel really tried to replace mutants with inhumans?
    Why Avengers fans are not responsible for cancelling ANI?

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Because you're trying to imply the Inhumans and X-Men are on some kind of scale, where one lowers the other rises.

There is no evidence the Inhumans are even effecting Marvel's control of the X-Men. The reverse however, Complexers boycotting until All-New Inhumans was cancelled, we know to be true.

I don't see the problem with Marvel Employees having a preference.
    ...please, don't tell me you actually believe anyone on this board effected the outcome of All New Inhumans. That'd just be reverse crazy.

Personally, I'm a fan of Asmus. I purchased and liked the writing in All New Inhumans... problem was I didnt care enough about the characters there to keep reading past issue 2. Frenzy (and I love Frenzy) and Crystal wasn't enough to keep me interested. But the book was indeed well written, but I wouldn't expect anything less from Asmus. I exchanged several tweets with him and he inferred that he'd love to add some more characters to the book as recurring characters or staples, especially unused characters like my (and his) fav Gambit, but was unable to and we should contact Ketchum about it. He wouldn't go any further than that, and smartly so. The book had potential under his pen, but was handcuffed by the narrative. The most X-Men flavor he was given was Frenzy... That should say a lot about how much Marvel interested in pushing agenda over selling product (comic) at this point. If Marvel was smart, they would have allowed ANI to be equal parts Inhuman and X-Men, instead of Inhumans acting like X-Men. It was freaking distracting!

"complexers are the reason All New Inhumans failed" get the heck outta here... Shops aren't going to order a bunch of books that are going to sit on a shelf. That's just business, especially when book sells and SHOPS are dwindling every year. If Marvel wanted to give the Inhuman's brand a shot, they should have dropped suggested retail price to $1.99 and sold it to the shop owners for much less than that (like they already do, I mean even more, I mean). Make purchasing the books less of a hit to the customer.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 12-21-2016 at 08:27 AM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

haha good one

I still don't understand why x-men fans "must" buy inhumans books? Maybe Marvel really tried to replace mutants with inhumans?
    I worked under the assumption that marvel was trying to replace X men with Inhumans... Also plenty of retailers had the same impression and they're demanding X books because they're an easy sell vs barely selling one mosaic a month. So if anything retailers are partially responsible for the cancellation of ANIH because they under ordered it, but they do that because the book barely sold compared to X-Men, now also add the fact that if retailers force a Rebirth like event for the X-men they're guaranteed to get more sales, so if anything retailers that belive in the complex helped us get rid of the Inhumans. They've also been pretty open to Marvel about X-men selling more than Inhumans

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

haha good one

Very good Xel... Very good. The force is building within you. I can feel it.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    And, "Their tacit approval of genocide" wasn't insulting to anyone at all? Picture of reasonable analysis?
    I was speaking about fictional characters. You were speaking about real people. See the difference?

Mighty Member

I love how people think X-fans can single-handedly get books cancelled. We're the Illuminati, you guys.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Namor'sWrath View Post
    I love how people think X-fans can single-handedly get books cancelled. We're the Illuminati, you guys.
    So what book should we get cancelled next anyways? Something from Bendis? Royals? Secret warriors?

So what book should we get cancelled next anyways? Something from Bendis? Royals? Secret warriors?
    We definetely need poll for this))

BANNED

Let's call a truce with them then cancel them all when they least expect it.

Quote Originally Posted by Namor'sWrath View Post
    IKR? If we had that much power, X-Men would be outselling Batman.

We should cancel…Charles Soule! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!