View Poll Results: X-Men did you used to like the Inhumans?

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

44 34.92%
  • No

21 16.67%
  • Always Meh

61 48.41%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default X-Men fans did you used to like the Inhumans?

I used to be a big Inhumans fan. I found the idea of their culture really interesting like a road less travelled for humanity with enough parallels with our society to be able to make things relatable.

Then Marvel start pushing and pushing and changing the concept of the Inhumans to X-Men lite and did that horrific M-Pox storyline due to the movie rights. As a set of characters that I was genuinely was interested in (bought the Marvel Knights book in back issues, got the Sean McKeever stuff, the graphic novel, Silent War, Son of M, ordered assorted random back issues etc) I am at the point were I actively root against them in every scenario their involved in. No creative team even one I like will get me to support an Inhuman title at this juncture.

Before this mess did other people like them too?

My opinion hasn't really changed. Always saw Blackbolt as powerful. My opinion of Medusa has actually improved cause I always thought the character was lame. And I've always disliked Crystal in general. I like some of the Nuhumans like Panencea

I dislike Wanda more.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 12-20-2016 at 01:21 PM.

I didn't really knew who they were before Agents of SHIELD. I mean, I knew that they existed, that they were created on Fantastic Four and stuff, but I didn't knew much about their origins or who the characters were. Now, I actually like some of them, but completely hate Medusa and Black Bolt. I try not to have the complex making me hate everything.

I've only read the Inhuman Marvel Knights trade by Jenkins. It looked and sounded cool but not enough for me to look into the history more.

And Kamala is the special exception.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    I used to be a big Inhumans fan. I found the idea of their culture really interesting like a road less travelled for humanity with enough parallels with our society to be able to make things relatable.

Then Marvel start pushing and pushing and changing the concept of the Inhumans to X-Men lite and did that horrific M-Pox storyline due to the movie rights. As a set of characters that I was genuinely was interested in (bought the Marvel Knights book in back issues, got the Sean McKeever stuff, the graphic novel, Silent War, Son of M, ordered assorted random back issues etc) I am at the point were I actively root against them in every scenario their involved in. No creative team even one I like will get me to support an Inhuman title at this juncture.

Before this mess did other people like them too?

I was interested them from the FF cartoon growing up and also the comic, also enjoyed most their appearances before this story. Now I can't stand them. If you read the Inhuman comics and the X-men comics post-terrigen cloud that image sums up exactly what both books feel like perfectly. While the Inhumans were prospering in their book and had no consequence from the terrigen it was like a noose around the mutant line. I actually was reading both inhuman titles but now i'm done with them.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Now I only like kamala, The rest of of them can go to space and never return for all I care

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I didn't really knew who they were before Agents of SHIELD. I mean, I knew that they existed, that they were created on Fantastic Four and stuff, but I didn't knew much about their origins or who the characters were. Now, I actually like some of them, but completely hate Medusa and Black Bolt. I try not to have the complex making me hate everything.
    I find it really strange that Marvel owns them. I would have thought Fox would own them because of the FF.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Honestly I enjoyed them then and I still enjoy them. My first exposure was in the X-Factor crossover with them when baby Nate gets infected with the T virus and shipped off to the future. I enjoyed them during War of Kings and still like some of the Royal family and some of the Nuhumans. This whole T-Mist Cloud has left a sour taste in my mouth but I see this as writers and editors shoving more than the characters.

Wolverine debuted in Hulk, Multiple Man and Karma the Fantastic Four and Psylocke in Captain Britain it's similar. Though the Namor license thing perplexes me.

Well, i never liked them, but i didnt hated them either.

BANNED

Didn't know enough to like them. Really, I only follow the XMen comics even though I like Spiderman and Batman very much.

I certainly don't like them now. If they had gone for the GoT in Space angle instead of the peanut allergy storyline, I surely wouldn't hate them.

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    I find it really strange that Marvel owns them. I would have thought Fox would own them because of the FF.
    Marvel still owns "Inhumans" as a title, franchise and race. I think maybe Fox shares Crystal(or even all of the original Inhumans?lol) with Marvel, but in the same way they both have Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. I think maybe Fox could use the Inhumans but not call them Inhumans or make a movie with the title Inhumans, like Marvel with Wanda and Pietro who were mutants.

And cause others mentioned here: I still think Marvel could actually use Betsy. But not called Psylocke, not asian, not a ninja and obviously not a mutant.

I already knew some of them but never gave much importance.

Now my reaction to them is the same as I had with Wanda after Decimation and the Avengers after AvX.

Marvel has done a good job of making me dislike them and it will take a long time to forget that. I do not intend to buy material from them as I no longer buy material from the Avengers with rare exceptions.

Of course none of this applies to Kamala .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    I already knew some of them but never gave much importance.

Now my reaction to them is the same as I had with Wanda after Decimation and the Avengers after AvX.

Marvel has done a good job of making me dislike them and it will take a long time to forget that. I do not intend to buy material from them as I no longer buy material from the Avengers with rare exceptions.

Of course none of this applies to Kamala .
    Same here! Go Ms Marvel, as long as she stays neutral on IvX, considering her next arc looks boring so I'd prefer to see her and Tyke away from than inhumans Royals business

BANNED

The Inhumans were never really interesting...Black Bolt is the only cool Inhuman and even him back then wasn't interesting. But now they are GOLDEN Children of Marvel.