View Poll Results: X-Men did you used to like the Inhumans?

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

44 34.92%
  • No

21 16.67%
  • Always Meh

61 48.41%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I like Black Bolt and Luna, Medusa was hot. I liked Quicksilver having a wife. This was the extent of my opinions on them.

War of Kings was probably my high point of liking them even though they hijacked the X-Men's war with Vulcan, but after they disconnected Lorna and Luna from Quicksilver and Lorna and actively made the Inhumans mutant replacements they are dead to me. Obviously IvX is one big promotional gimmick to get X-Men fans interested in the Inhumans.

Still the screwing of the x-line won't stop until Marvel gets the X-Men rights back Inhumans or no Inhumans.
    Last edited by jmc247; 12-20-2016 at 02:16 PM.

BANNED

I liked them when X-Factor teamed up with the Royal Family to fight the Dark Riders. I also liked Crystal as an Avenger.

Never really liked Medusa or Black Bolt in particular much though and I loathe them now. I love Cable's new protoge Synapse though, she hates the other Inumans even more than I do!

I like them while also recognizing that they are in the wrong when it comes to IvX and that Marvel shouldn't have done that to them. The Inhumans are pretty cool, I like their weird culture and way of civilization and they even have some characters that I think are pretty cool. But what did Marvel think would happen when you make them the reason the X-men are dying, they just come off bad and you end up not wanting to root for them when the inevitable fight occurs.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I never cared much for the Inhumans. But did like Triton, who of all royals got the least panel time anywhere.

The Nu humans are a bit more interesting though. I do like Iso, Ulysses, Inferno, Grid and Flint. Not interested in Naja, Nur and the others so far. However, Downer and Romeo could have potential.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

BANNED

I have been (and continue to be) mostly indifferent to the Royal Family, completely indifferent to the NuHumans, and I dislike Ms. Marvel and Moon Girl. All this hoopla with the X-Men doesn't change my feelings toward them one way or the other: I had no use for the Inhumans before, and I continue not to have a use for them now.

Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar

I actually never even heard of the Inhumans until season two of Agents of SHIELD. I don't hate them or dislike them, they are just there. I do think the T-mist storyline is very flawed and stupid but I don't think it will stop me from buying Inhuman books in the future. I do like Moon Girl and Ms. Marvel and Daisy is one of my favorite character from Agents of SHIELD, so I will look forward to reading more about them in the future.
    My pull list: Sonic the Hedgehog, TMNT, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Marauders, X-men, Excalibur

They were always one of the lesser Lee/Kirby creations to me. So were the X-Men, to be fair, but people came along later and made them the biggest property in comics.

No one has been able to do that with the Inhumans so they were just this odd failure. Some kind of interesting Fantastic Four side characters. Too weird and unrelatable to be a mainstream hit. Nothing really beyond that.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

As a kid a grew to know them through the Fantastic Four cartoon, later through my passing knowledge of them in the books. I always understood what they were and who they were but never really got into them. I thought their character designs were cool and concept was ok enough, but never got into them. Not to mention, I dont remember them having any books of their own. Now... they're annoying because they are being force fed to us... exactly like the Avengers were a few years ago, except they don't have an entertaining movie behind them to fuel the push.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I was always pretty meh on them, and continue to be, but ultimately this opinion could change regarding to how IvX ends.

BANNED

I prefer the Eternals to the Inhumans, but that's just me.

Always meh, to me. But after this whole cloud mess... yeah, wild horses couldn't get me to buy an Inhuman comic. No Inhuman has ever appealed to me, outside of MAYBE Ms Marvel (and even then... she's good, but not incredible). Honestly I don't see the appeal. Mute, really long hair, mullet hair cut, big dog... who sees those things and goes "oooooooooooh, how exciting"???
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

BANNED

I always liked Blackbolt and Crystal. I dont like either now, but I will say I now like Medusa some.
    Never ever liked Kamala.

I still like the Inhumans.

I think I initially only was interested in them because of Quicksilver's relationship with them in the beginning. Marvel's space stuff, aside from Galactus, who I've always liked, never really grabbed me that much. I've been enjoying the Inhuman books more since they've come to Earth. I liked Inhuman, I like the Nuhuman characters for the most part, and I've enjoyed Uncanny and All New.

However, I don't like the terrigen cloud storyline, and it has affected my view of the Inhuman leadership, aside from Crystal, who genuinely seems like she's doing the best she can in the situation. It's a much better portrayal of her from the irresponsible, faithless wife characterization that often stuck to her in the past. Medusa and Black Bolt are far less sympathetic. I also don't think it's been handled with any depth in terms of the Nu Humans. Still scratching my head at how they are loyally falling in line without questioning anything, especially as the argument of why the cloud should stay is based on old guard Inhuman culture, which they are not indoctrinated in and that is still something alien to them.

But regardless, I'm still reading the Inhuman books and I'll continue to read them once IVX is over.

Spectacular Member SoupStainedTie's Avatar

I never thought much of the Inhumans until the Jenkins' maxi-series came out, which I loved. I even had a t-shirt of the Inhumans #1 Jae Lee cover art.

I enjoyed McKeever's Tsunami series with Jenkins' young Inhumans as Earth exchange students.

But their current status quo...is just not working. Now I just want them to go far, far away.