View Poll Results: X-Men did you used to like the Inhumans?

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

44 34.92%
  • No

21 16.67%
  • Always Meh

61 48.41%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I never knew who they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Namor'sWrath View Post
    Marvel writers have never said "You know what, the Purifiers have a valid point" before.
    They're just trying to protect their culture.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Well Marvel never concurrently published "Sentinel Comics" or "Genoshan Magistrate" along with X-Men books and tried to sell readers on how relatable these giant purple robots were and whatever metaphor Cameron Hodge represented.
    Since I bought Sentinel, and I bought series about Magneto in Genosha, yeah, they kinda did.

And, they also published a ton of other human or robot books concurrently, as well.

There are been Inhumans in Marvel comics almost as long as there have been X-Men. This isn't something that they just made up last week to "ruin" or steal the X-Men's thunder.

Or, because they're pro-genocide and just dying to have a way to tell us about it. Which is the same thing x-fans wigged out about with the Legacy virus, with Age of Apocalypse, with No More Mutants, with the genocide of Genosha.

Two things you can always count on a loud portion of x-fandom to be worried about: a) They're disgracing Magneto's good name, and b) they hate the X-Men and are wiping out all mutants.
    Last edited by t hedge coke; 12-21-2016 at 01:34 AM.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

BANNED

I like BB and Crystal before but now, it became less. Oh and im so glad Medusa showed her true character. I dont hate her but i want her to become a villain forever. Let Crystal be the queen because Medusa is not fit to be a queen. Then have Marvel forget Medusa after IvX.

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Since I bought Sentinel, and I bought series about Magneto in Genosha, yeah, they kinda did.

And, they also published a ton of other human or robot books concurrently, as well.

There are been Inhumans in Marvel comics almost as long as there have been X-Men. This isn't something that they just made up last week to "ruin" or steal the X-Men's thunder.

Or, because they're pro-genocide and just dying to have a way to tell us about it. Which is the same thing x-fans wigged out about with the Legacy virus, with Age of Apocalypse, with No More Mutants, with the genocide of Genosha.

Two things you can always count on a loud portion of x-fandom to be worried about: a) They're disgracing Magneto's good name, and b) they hate the X-Men and are wiping out all mutants.
    Black Bolt, Medusa, Lockjaw, Crystal, Karnak, and that underwater guy whose name momentarily escapes me have, indeed, been around since the Silver Age, and no-one has suggested otherwise. But are you suggesting that the NuHumans on, say, Agents of Shield, are not intended to adopt many of the themes featured in the X-Men franchise? Or that the Nuhumans did not replace the mutants in the comics over the last several years as the number one way of bringing new characters with powers that belong to a distinct, widespread superhuman community, into the Marvel Universe?

People believe different things. Some people doubtless believe that Marvel hates the X-Men and wants to destroy them. Others believe that Marvel has over the last several years in the comics been more concerned in promoting and developing characters to which it owns full IP exploitation rights.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coin Biter View Post
    People believe different things. Some people doubtless believe that Marvel hates the X-Men and wants to destroy them. Others believe that Marvel has over the last several years in the comics been more concerned in promoting and developing characters to which it owns full IP exploitation rights.
    Which are two very, very different things. And, even the less insane one just seems overblown to me or we'd be seeing an implosion of x-titles and, I dunno, something actually malicious. A comic just for making fun of Wolverine cruelly. A complete absence of 95% of the characters who usually appear in a year.

The X-Men aren't the star franchise of the moment, but they're not exactly being unused or thoroughly sullied.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, when you are only interested in one side and you are sick of your favorites characters getting the short end of the stick in line-wide events; you tend to become resentful.
    I'm interested in both, the x-side is just completely terrible right now. In plot and writing quality, hoping resurrexion changes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Yeah, because that kept constantly calling us paranoid psychos are the paragons of reason.
    The X-Men had like 20 books during marvel now, 6 or 7 during ANADM and they're rising again. The only evidence is no x-men merch.

Doesn't justify hating on any new franchise that gets one or two titles, the complex's attitude towards the Inhumans, long before the toxic cloud stuff, has been ridiculous.

BANNED

The only ridiculous thing is that people still deny that the complex is legitimate despite one of the most senior people at marvel practically admitting it.

I used to be fairly ambivalent to the Racist Xenophobic Slave-Owners. I didn't really care about them either way. I didn't mind whenever they showed up and I was definitely more interested in them around the time of Infinity. Then, the movie rights crap got in the way and the X-men started suffering because of them. That's when I realized that there's really not much to like about a secret society of racist, xenophobic, slave-owning narcissists who just hate being inconvenienced by the outside world. I really can't understand why they're heroes in any capacity. They never do anything unless it serves their interests. They've never gone out of their way to make the world a better place. They've only ever helped when they have something to gain from it. I get the whole Game of Thrones type appeal their society has, but they are not heroes and ever since Infinity, they've become less and less likable. In fact, I've found myself liking Victor Von Doom more than the Racist Xenophobic Slave-Owners. That alone is pretty telling.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Yes i like the Inhumans in a general sense. i dont like the current story. and wanna skip straight to Ressurrexrion. would i every colle t the books...No. X-Men is better in the long run and i prefer inhumans as the small knot community they were before inhumanity
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I get the whole Game of Thrones type appeal their society has...
    Are their creepy but yet bland and simplistic practices really as compelling as Westerosi stuff? They always came across as a poor man's New Gods to me, before they were deformed to pose as poor man's X-Men.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Honestly I enjoyed them then and I still enjoy them. My first exposure was in the X-Factor crossover with them when baby Nate gets infected with the T virus and shipped off to the future. I enjoyed them during War of Kings and still like some of the Royal family and some of the Nuhumans. This whole T-Mist Cloud has left a sour taste in my mouth but I see this as writers and editors shoving more than the characters.
    I loved that X Factor arc and remember being so curious about them. The character assassination of black bolt, the dissolution of the marriage and the johnny storm thing all right after the murder cloud was too much for me. I actually have no interest anymore. I remember a year or so ago I made a post about how much i liked Black bolt. Now honestly? They are kind of dead to me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    I already knew some of them but never gave much importance.

Now my reaction to them is the same as I had with Wanda after Decimation and the Avengers after AvX.

Marvel has done a good job of making me dislike them and it will take a long time to forget that. I do not intend to buy material from them as I no longer buy material from the Avengers with rare exceptions.

Of course none of this applies to Kamala .
    Pretty much this. Except I don't care for Kamala, but Moon Girl is another story

Amazing Member

Used to like them, now I just hate them with a passion... them and every character Marvel retcons into being an Inhuman (I'm looking at you, Quake!)
    Last edited by gothicflavours; 12-21-2016 at 09:01 AM.

I never paid them much attention before. I liked War of Kings and such, could name a few individuals, but never delved very deep into their mythos. Now I'm even less likely to, but I don't know that I dislike them. If anything, this whole event has just made me think less of Marvel editorial and a couple of writers.