View Poll Results: X-Men did you used to like the Inhumans?

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

44 34.92%
  • No

21 16.67%
  • Always Meh

61 48.41%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

I still like them just not a fan of the current storyline
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I liked the Inhumans all the way up until they decided to change everything cool about them and made them into X-Men-lite.

Especially after they took them to space. They had a cool unique spot in the MU.

I also don't particularly care for any of the NuHumans. The Kirby characters are best.
    Batman - Daredevil

I never was all that interested in the Inhumans, but now I hate them more than I've ever hated any fictional characters before.

Incredible Member

I never thought much of them other than Kirby's cool design for black bolt and I liked when Crystal hung out with the fantastic four. When Paul Jenkins and Jae Lee revitalized the Royal Family with the Marvel Knights relaunch, it made them mysterious and interesting. The society is pretty interesting albeit horrifying with the alpha primitives.

I also like Khamala Khan and Moon Girl. It's a shame Marvel is pitting the two franchises against one another.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Since I bought Sentinel, and I bought series about Magneto in Genosha, yeah, they kinda did.
    He isn't talking about that Iron Giant knockoff or Magneto's book, he's talking about a series actually showcasing the Genoshan magistrates (you know, the racist slavers?) or the mutant-killing Sentinels. Be intellectually honest when answering someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    I'm interested in both, the x-side is just completely terrible right now. In plot and writing quality, hoping resurrexion changes this.

The X-Men had like 20 books during marvel now, 6 or 7 during ANADM and they're rising again. The only evidence is no x-men merch.

Doesn't justify hating on any new franchise that gets one or two titles, the complex's attitude towards the Inhumans, long before the toxic cloud stuff, has been ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Which are two very, very different things. And, even the less insane one just seems overblown to me or we'd be seeing an implosion of x-titles and, I dunno, something actually malicious. A comic just for making fun of Wolverine cruelly. A complete absence of 95% of the characters who usually appear in a year.

The X-Men aren't the star franchise of the moment, but they're not exactly being unused or thoroughly sullied.
    It's funny that the Anti-Complex crowd always focuses on the amount of books; while ignoring the lack of merchandising, the licenses not being given or being pulled, the X-men ban on games released after November 2014.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    It's funny that the Anti-Complex crowd always focuses on the amount of books; while ignoring the lack of merchandising, the licenses not being given or being pulled, the X-men ban on games released after November 2014.
    I honestly don't think X-men/mutants need to be in their video games or their merchandise as long as they still publish X-men/X-titles I think that's what really matters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    I honestly don't think X-men/mutants need to be in their video games or their merchandise as long as they still publish X-men/X-titles I think that's what really matters.
    Well, there are a lot of people who disagree with you, myself included. I certainly wouldn't want to play Ultimate Alliance, just as an example, if the X-Men weren't in it.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoFuriousGeorge View Post
    Well, there are a lot of people who disagree with you, myself included. I certainly wouldn't want to play Ultimate Alliance, just as an example, if the X-Men weren't in it.
    Well in all honesty all I care about is the comics I never really was intrigued by superhero films and the video games but I suppose I'm maybe slightly in the minority for example I like comic Tony stark better I hate the mcu films I actually don't like superhero films in general.

Time will only tell if resurrexion will put an end to the conspiracy theories of marvel trying to get rid of the X-men.

I have nothing against the Inhumans. The only problem I have is the idea of Disney/Marvel attempting to pimp them over the X-men just because of the movie feud they have with FOX. With that said, I think they are interesting characters, but my heart will always belong to the X-men.

BANNED

Well when you do compare the number of FF comics being published to the number of X-Men it does show how irrational the complexers are

Writing on the wall The Celtic Batman's Avatar

Kamala & Lockjaw FTW! :-)
    We're all the Doom Patrol!!!
    Opinions come in all shapes and sizes.
    But they're still just opinions yo

BANNED

Why are there so many X-Fans on this board getting banned recently?

Naturally. It's much easier to misrepresent the argument you disagree with and any valid points made if you just flat out refuse to acknowledge 90% of said argument and instead focus on one part. Transparent and disingenuous.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    You're wrong. I can't stress just how wrong and uninformed your stance is here, which leads me to believe you're a new reader or you understand very little about the issues X-Men fans have, aka our complex. Please fully inform yourself before engaging in this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanBansheeCassidy View Post
    Well when you do compare the number of FF comics being published to the number of X-Men it does show how irrational the complexers are
    Another person ignorant to the actual issues compiled in the complex. Please inform yourself of the facts before you claim other people are irrational.

I like them when they were residing on the moon. An exotic and mysterious race that has ties to the Marvel cosmic.
    I don't like the Nuhumans that much.. maybe Reader. Kamala is definitely a great character. But the Royal Family belong to the space IMO.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Their should be other Opinions in the Poll Like; I did and Still Do or I did and I have Become Even more of a Fan Now. The Later would be my answer.

I learned about the Inhumans thanks to the Fantastic Four Animated Show back in the mid-1990's. It was an Excellent show with a nice voice-cast for the characters. While having a hard time figuring out how their where so many different races of super-beings on the earth alone it would later become an amazing fact about the Marvel Comic Universe for me to learn. They where mystical, mysterious and powerful! They stayed mostly in the shadows, but when they made a move it was impressive.

I still feel the same way today, Even More so! I have become a Bigger Fans of the Inhumans with the 1st Marvel Now Days and some of what I read of them in Hickman's Run and Era just was Impressive. I Plan to read on those back issues down the road to gain the full scope. Barring Political Talks aside, The Inhumans Books and the Fan Community has only Push for me to like the Inhumans much more and they continue to Increase for me. Crystal was always my favorite but Medusa has Quickly Gained Ground and the writing of her under Soule has been Amazing. Black-Bolt too as well, Soule has made him more interesting and mysterious thanks to his 1st arc alone in Uncanny Inhumans. Others like Reader, Gorgon and Triton are interesting as well under various writers. The NuHumans have been a pleasure to read as well.

I am on an upward movement in my liking of Inhumans and when IvX is THANKFULLY Over I am Very Excited for the Books to come out after that have been announced!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!