View Poll Results: X-Men did you used to like the Inhumans?

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

44 34.92%
  • No

21 16.67%
  • Always Meh

61 48.41%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Not particularly. Aside from their supporting roles in other books they never really grabbed my interest. Mostly because they just seemed boring(as bluntly as I can put it) when compared to all the other heroes the MU had to offer.

I like Moon Girl though. . .and I find Maximus fun to read to a degree.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

I personally was excited when infinity happened because after that we got the aftermath with inhumanity when half the worlds population were turned into inhumans which led to the amazing Charles soule run of inhuman which continued into uncanny inhumans. I felt for too long the inhumans and especially the inhuman royals family were regulated to guest starring in comics and cameos and I felt it was long overdue for them to be pushed into center of the mainstream marvel universe and it also gave us ms marvel kamala khan so it wasn't all that bad lol.... Keep in mind my love for the inhumans started with hickmans avengers and new avengers run and since then I've read his fantastic four run as well as realm of kings and war of kings and their secret invasion tie in mini and I've really grown to love the inhumans still not as much as I love the X-men but I still very much like the inhumans.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Thought they had a chance to be one of the backbones of Cosmic Marvel along with Nova, Surfer, and the Guardians around the time of War of Kings. But then they came back and were shoehorned into an important role in Infinity which made Thanos look like a massive idiot for not just nuking the planet and going on about his business. Can't say I hate them(though Black Bolt should absolutely die for the whole Terrigen Cloud business, which sadly won't happen), but my DGAF factor with them is at an all-time high and I doubt I'll ever plop down any cash on anything featuring them ever.

They were okay in that Marvel Knights series back in the day, but that's about it.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

One In An Infinity amoretpax199's Avatar

I don't really care about them at all since they were boring.

I've always been interested in the Inhumans ever since I first encountered them in Marvel's Greatest Comics #34
    But like every other property Marvel owns they have been made unreadable by the current regime.
    Marvel's_Greatest_Comics_34.jpg

Yup. I loved when they went cosmic, really liked that storyline. I also liked what Hickman did with them in his FF run.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

I still like Quake though her new upcoming book with Kamala and Moon Girl is a mockery to the Secret Warriors name and I hope that book is quickly cancelled.

I thought Jack Kirby had some great design work with the Inhuman Royal Family, and they made interesting and unusual guest stars in the Fantastic Four comic, or on the Avengers. Medusa also made for an amusing adversary back in her early appearances, but I had no desire to read a title where they are the main stars. Nor do I care at all for the Nuhuman concept, which is just too similar to mutants (some people have inhuman genes and when we find them we take them to a place where they can be trained to use their abilities for good).

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I still like the Inhumans. All these NuInhumans though have been pretty generic and forgettable. Btw, what happened to the Universal Inhumans?

Haha jk.

I love the Inhumans.
    I absolutely love their Marvel Knights series done by Jenkins/Lee, and I even love their solo.
    I also loved the Young Inhumans.
    I loved what I have read of Soule's Inhumans, but admittedly, I am quite behind on it.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Amazing Member

I was only vaguely aware of the Inhumans before War of Kings, which I read due to the involvement of Havok & co. That got me into Guardians of the Galaxy, Nova and to a lesser extent the Inhumans, which IMO is the way it's supposed to work - you like these characters, here are some others you might like. Unfortunately Marvel choosing to use the Inhumans to throw the X-Men line under a bus has soured me on them. They simply aren't the good guys in this situation, they don't realise it, and Marvel expect me not to realise it either.

I feel sorry for the Inhumans for having been used this way.