Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Giants (Ancient Mythology) vs Kaiju (Japanese Kaiju Movies)

Ancient Giants are going up against Japanese Kaiju.

Who Wins.

BANNED

Who do we have on the giants side? Because there's some seriously nasty kaiju out there.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Any small group of boss-level norse giants destroy any Kaiju who want to play.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Imagine the Frost Giants fighting Godzilla.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Likewise the Giants out of Greek mythology

I always assumed Norse Giants were like 10-15 feet so if thats somewhat true i dont see much of a challenge for the Kaiju

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Kaiju will need a lot of firepower to take down Typhon and the hundred handed.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Do Angels/Evangelion count as kaiju? Cuz movie Eva Unit 01 became God (or something) and was defining up and down, IIRC.

Or is this only for live action movies?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Do Angels/Evangelion count as kaiju? Cuz movie Eva Unit 01 became God (or something) and was defining up and down, IIRC.

Or is this only for live action movies?
    Both Live Action and Animated, Drunkard Kid feel free.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Pangu never did very much, but he is at least strong enough to hold the sky and Earth apart when doing so also means he's contending with primal chaos. Also in at least one version of the myth, his axe swing is what separated chaos into earth and sky to begin with, so that's like, at least planet-slicing level. Plus his body parts are all abstract things like the wind, the mountains, the forests, the stars and etc. I think you'd need a continent buster at minimum to have a chance at destroying him.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

In Norse myth, Odin and bros built the universe of Midgard out of Ymir's body. Yeah, all of it.

Astonishing Member

Wasn't Typhon a giant?

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Wasn't Typhon a giant?
    Sorta kinda yeah, he wasn't amongst the other Greek giants on account that his dad was Tartarus and not born from the blood dripping from Uranus's severed... dangly bits onto Gaea

BUT

one of his names was "Storm Giant," plus he was really really dammed tall so there ya go

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Sorta kinda yeah, he wasn't amongst the other Greek giants on account that his dad was Tartarus and not born from the blood dripping from Uranus's severed... dangly bits onto Gaea

BUT

one of his names was "Storm Giant," plus he was really really dammed tall so there ya go
    Well...that about seals it then.

BANNED

Do any of the giants have feats for surviving planet-busters, though?

Meet Belialzilla, Ultraman Belial's kaiju form. Which took the spiritual energy of an entire planet to destroy, not to mention a lot of interference, and an upgrade from arguably the third most powerful Ultraman in existence: Noa. He decided to bust the planet, and even Ultraforce Zero practically killed themselves trying to stop the beam.