Page 38 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They're mostly for the chop already anyway. Royals has already solicited it's last issue. Secret Warriors doesn't sell well either. Not sure what plans are for Black Bolt. Moon Girl survives entirely due to Scholastic. Ms. Marvel is the only truly safe one, due to excellent digital sales.
    I hope Black Bolt, and Secret Warriors stay.

BANNED

They were bumped by variants, remember.
    Like almost every other Marvel book.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Like almost every other Marvel book.
    To be fair, many DC books also have variant covers as well. A detailed analysis could probably be done with the data of numbers of each cover and any requirements for variant acquisition.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    To be fair, many DC books also have variant covers as well. A detailed analysis could probably be done with the data of numbers of each cover and any requirements for variant acquisition.
    true, true

but i responded to other user who wrote that Uncanny Avengers and Avengers are higher because of variants. That's true obviously but this is also true about almost all marvel books in top100

You'll notice that Renew Your Vows dropped out of the top 100. It wasn't in Legacy yet, so no variants. And DC variants are irrelevant as every issue has one, thus no bump. Whereas Marvel titles either have several (as about half did in October because of Legacy) or none.
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    True, but any month that these two titles beat Justice League is a good month.
    Well, that won't be happening next month, because the November issues of JL are Metal tie-ins.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 11-13-2017 at 05:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    I hope so that is my son's favorite book. He would be upset if it were to get canceled.
    My daughter's #2 book, right behind Wonder Woman.

Ms. Marvel is the only truly safe one, due to excellent digital sales.
    i've been hearing this since issue one, does anyone ever see the sales for digital?

I'm sad with the cancellation of GOTG.....However, I expect something to follow it up...

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    i've been hearing this since issue one, does anyone ever see the sales for digital?
    Official numbers aren't reported, so it's hard to say. The only reason we get the numbers we do get is so stores know how many books to order. That obviously doesn't matter for digital.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

It's currently number 12 on comixology this week, out of ALL comics. That's pretty remarkable IMO.

Does it really matter if you've been hearing it since issue #1 (including from Marvel, on multiple occassions), and the numbers are very hard to gauge? It's obviously true.

The book's still here - and it started in a time where Marvel was cancelling a lot more books than it is now (they seem to have lowered the bar for cancellation in the recent year or so) - so honestly, that's all the proof you need.

But, in order to make some calculations... I believe over at the Superman-forum the poster Clementine worked out a form of approximation at least, based on statements from the publishers about how much of a books sales can be attributed to digital, and how much of the market digital is said to equate to - it's a blunt estimate though, probably even blunter than the Diamond numbers for physicals, but it gives an idea at least.

Check out her Superman digital sales thread for the algorithm she uses, I sadly can't recall it at the moment.

There's nobody registered called Clementine.
    http://community.comicbookresources....username&ltr=C

http://community.comicbookresources....t=username<r=C
    Perhaps there might be something in this thread (but I don't know for sure):

BANNED

http://community.comicbookresources....t=username<r=C
    Clementine was my previous username.

If some of you are wondering how I got that number when digital numbers aren't released, it's actually quite simple. Comixology has a best sellers list which keeps track of the best selling comics on a daily basis. There are 1004 comics on the list, meaning the the 1004th comic on the list has to sell at least 1 copy to make in onto the list, the 1003rd comic the list has to sell at least 2 copies to be ahead of the 1004th comic, etc. This means the 4th comic on the list, Superman Rebirth #1 has to have sold at least 1000 copies in order to secure it's placement on the list.
    That was the formula I used to get a minimum estimate for many purchases would be made. It's not all that reliable, but it was the best I was able to come up, given how little data we are given about digital sales. The number of comics listed also changes on a daily basis, which means the minimum estimate also changes.

Ms. Marvel on the hand, has been stated by Marvel to sell more digitally than in print. And this was back back when it was doing between 30, 000 to 40, 000 in the direct market.

Its never in the weekly top 10 on comixology, but it is in the top 15 most the time. Marvel doesn't put out numbers for it's own service so no telling there. I always thought it was funny that say that digital sales are hard to track, it actually is really easy and can be way more accurate than the monthly Diamond but Marvel and DC would have to give them out and that seems like something neither wants to do.
    Last edited by Moon Ronin; 11-14-2017 at 09:27 AM.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting