Page 44 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    Defenders is ending with 10 Generation X with 87 and Gwenpool with 25
    Sad to see Gwenpool go but I'm sure it'll have a great ending. I'm trade waiting it but feels like a book that needs a conclusion.

That's a shame about Defenders though. Would've been cool if they had a new creative team. It's a shame because after all the hype from Daredevil, Jessica Jones and the first half of Luke Cage, the Defenders netflix show ended up being... just okay imo. Maybe that led to this book getting axed along with Bendis leaving. No hype for the team.
    Floppies as of November: Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman, Catwoman, The Green Lantern, Black Panther, Dead Man Logan, Domino, Exiles, Iceman, Immortal Hulk
    Digital as of November: Daughters of the Dragon, Iron Fist: Phantom Limb, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage.

Also, Champions and Iceman look like finales based on their covers and solicits.

America, Captain Marvel, and Luke Cage are all missing. Apparently Carol is because of Infinity Countdown and will relaunch after a break. America and Luke probably both bit the dust for low sales.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Also, Champions and Iceman look like finales based on their covers and solicits.

America, Captain Marvel, and Luke Cage are all missing. Apparently Carol is because of Infinity Countdown and will relaunch after a break. America and Luke probably both bit the dust for low sales.
    Hope Sinah Grace is given a team book. Been really loving Iceman.

I gave the first arc of Luke Cage a try but it was just so boring. Missed the tone, style and energy of David Walker's Power Man & Iron Fist (2016).
    Floppies as of November: Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman, Catwoman, The Green Lantern, Black Panther, Dead Man Logan, Domino, Exiles, Iceman, Immortal Hulk
    Digital as of November: Daughters of the Dragon, Iron Fist: Phantom Limb, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage.

Champions might just be getting a major roster shuffle, depending on what goes on with the 05 over on the X-Men side of things.

If it is, it's also changing creative team - Ramos put a farewell message on the cover. But yeah, they've definitely lost Cyclops. The cover shows four pairs of feet. Scott's are missing. It seems after losing Viv, the X-Men contact them and tell them Scott's gone as well (Blue solicit says the O5 are lost in space). That prompts a break up.

Really sad to hear Gwenpool is ending. I love that book so much. Been enjoying America too, but I kinda have been expecting this almost from the start. It was a very different book then most MAC fans expected. I hope Champions continues on, and as for Captain Marvel, well... Carol is my third favorite Marvel character but I honestly would not mind a creative change. The current book is just to 'Carol is perfect!' for my liking...

Amazing Member

defenders has been a great book, and i have really enjoyed jean grey but maybe it has run its course as a solo run

Mighty Member

Hawkeye had what 4 ongoings in 4 years sometime must not have been working

Secret Warriors and Royals being canceled makes Black Bolt the only (main) on-going Inhuman title which is... odd.

Monsters Unleashed also seems to be still hanging on somehow - scholastic deal?

BANNED

I don't know if this is important or not, but I think it partly belong here since it deals with a current book or two in the future: https://www.newsarama.com/37877-star...s-dispute.html

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    Recently announced on Christina Strain's TWITTER Page comes the News that the GENERATION X Series will come to an end with its 87th Issue (in February).
    Shame about Generation X, but 87 issues is an incredible run

OK, seriously, any idea how many it actually lasted? I really wanted that book to succeed because it was Marvel supporting new mutant characters. I'm also sad when books people poor their heart and soul into get cancelled (see Hawkeye as well).
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Shame about Generation X, but 87 issues is an incredible run

OK, seriously, any idea how many it actually lasted? I really wanted that book to succeed because it was Marvel supporting new mutant characters. I'm also sad when books people poor their heart and soul into get cancelled (see Hawkeye as well).
    It will have run for 12 issues.
    Last edited by Dante Milton; 12-19-2017 at 08:19 PM. Reason: bad math

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

OK. I appreciate that Marvel seems to be leaning more towards cancelling after 12 rather than 6 these days, but it's still a shame.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Secret Warriors and Royals being canceled makes Black Bolt the only (main) on-going Inhuman title which is... odd.

Monsters Unleashed also seems to be still hanging on somehow - scholastic deal?
    I'm kind of surprised Black Bolt is surviving Royals and the big Inhumans event, but I guess none of the other books got the critical acclaim it did.