Page 39 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    Its never in the weekly top 10 on comixology, but it is in the top 15 most the time. Marvel doesn't put out numbers for it's own service so no telling there.
    It used to be in the top 5 before DC's Rebirth initiative.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    It used to be in the top 5 before DC's Rebirth initiative.
    I just stated with comixology a little over a year ago and I admit that never was a poor choice of wording, Amended to its not been in the top ten for awhile now.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Perhaps there might be something in this thread (but I don't know for sure):
    Yeah, that'll be the one L.R was talking about. I was looking up the username because in the profile page you can look at "find latest started threads", which would've brought it up. Obviously L.R didn't know Delores had changed her username. Thanks.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    To be fair, many DC books also have variant covers as well. A detailed analysis could probably be done with the data of numbers of each cover and any requirements for variant acquisition.
    I don't think there is a set limit for variants.

However if a certain artist variants does clear out books-I would expect to see it ordered more.

Like Supergirl-she got a boost the moment a certain artist started doing variants and those variants go for rather high prices at times on ebay.

When my store did the 25 cent sale-excluding Superwoman, Flash, Hal Jordan, Batman, BOP, Action Comics & Aquaman-I saw more variants in those bins than regular covers. I mean what was the point Cyborg variants? Teen Titans one with Aqualad & Starfire was there in bulk.

In Marvel's case-aside from a Skittie Young Starbrand cover-the Marvel book were regular covers.

I would say those variants helping a book depends on who it is in question. I know Legacy wise at my store the face variants sold out on the majority of books. That moving cover wasn't ordered except for 1-2 books.

i've been hearing this since issue one, does anyone ever see the sales for digital?
    Well if you add in Kindle & nook to the list-yes she does do well. At least on amazon. She stays in the top 10-20. Along with Jane, Hulk, Cho Hulk, Odin & GOTG.

I would say Ms Marvel is safe. Even if that book gets axed. You got her games and she has toys. She scream MONEY TO BE MADE to be ignored or dumped.

And seeing her best friend is hanging out in Wakanda and we have seen her around Miles out of costume.

I can think of two places she could end up. Black Panther's book or Miles's book.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I don't think there is a set limit for variants.

However if a certain artist variants does clear out books-I would expect to see it ordered more.

Like Supergirl-she got a boost the moment a certain artist started doing variants and those variants go for rather high prices at times on ebay.

When my store did the 25 cent sale-excluding Superwoman, Flash, Hal Jordan, Batman, BOP, Action Comics & Aquaman-I saw more variants in those bins than regular covers. I mean what was the point Cyborg variants? Teen Titans one with Aqualad & Starfire was there in bulk.

In Marvel's case-aside from a Skittie Young Starbrand cover-the Marvel book were regular covers.

I would say those variants helping a book depends on who it is in question. I know Legacy wise at my store the face variants sold out on the majority of books. That moving cover wasn't ordered except for 1-2 books.
    For variants, it really depends on how the company offers them to stores.
    Sometimes they can be ordered individually by stores and may come with the same cover price printed on them as the regular version. Other times, they may not have a cover price printed on them if stores aren't necessarily expected to offer them at the same price as a regular cover. Other times those variants may be offered to stores but only printed in limited quantities, plus the publisher can offer variant covers based on 1 copy of that variant per every x-number of copies of the regular cover ordered by a store.

Perhaps there might be something in this thread (but I don't know for sure):
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, that'll be the one L.R was talking about. I was looking up the username because in the profile page you can look at "find latest started threads", which would've brought it up. Obviously L.R didn't know Delores had changed her username. Thanks.
    D'oh! Yeah, that was the one - Dolores have been doing some excellent diligent work there, imho. Maybe you can team up, and do a general Digital sales thread, to rank various Marvel Comics and see what a potential real sales would be? I.e Diamond + Digital.

Quote Originally Posted by L.R Johansson View Post
    D'oh! Yeah, that was the one - Dolores have been doing some excellent diligent work there, imho. Maybe you can team up, and do a general Digital sales thread, to rank various Marvel Comics and see what a potential real sales would be? I.e Diamond + Digital.
    I don't think that would truly give you a "real" picture except for issues that were ordered/purchased the month they were first available, and even then you'd still have numbers involving issues ordered/shipped to comic book shops but not necessarily sold to customers.
    And, just like numbers of people who watch TV shows has ben altered by people who have more options to watch them on other platforms at times other than when they were originally aired, how many people may wait a few months to buy/read an issue due to price drops on things like comixology as well as the Marvel Unlimited program?

I wonder if Defenders will continue with a new writer past issue 10. BMB posted this on his Tumblr:

"thanks for all the defenders love today. these were all written before I knew I was leaving. its all so bittersweet. issue 10 is our big finale. it has an ending."

In any event, I think I'll take it off my pull list after this issue.

And any new word on the GOTG 151 "cancellation"?
    Last edited by daiku; 11-16-2017 at 05:07 AM.

Link to that post: http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com...ade-me-sad-you
    So, Defenders is cancelled then?

Also, he confirmed that Jessica will continue on, as he was already leaving that book anyway and has handpicked his successor, a woman.
    http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com...whats-going-to

All that tells us is Bendis finished his Defenders run.
    Whether Marvel publishes further issues with a new writer, or decides to do yet another relaunch with another "1st Issue with a buttload of pointless variant covers (wowzah!)", I don't think Marvel has said anything further yet.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by daiku View Post
    I wonder if Defenders will continue with a new writer past issue 10. BMB posted this on his Tumblr:

"thanks for all the defenders love today. these were all written before I knew I was leaving. its all so bittersweet. issue 10 is our big finale. it has an ending."
    .....And another series will be ending soon......

In any event, I think I'll take it off my pull list after this issue.

And any new word on the GOTG 151 "cancellation"?
    Nothing so far.....but Marvel will let the readers know eventually, one way or another.....

Kinda like the Netflix series .

I'm surprised they're just letting it end. I would've thought they'd keep trying to make the Defenders a big thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Kinda like the Netflix series .

I'm surprised they're just letting it end. I would've thought they'd keep trying to make the Defenders a big thing.
    Again, we don't know yet the Defenders comic book is "ending". Bendis said (tumbld?)
    issue 10 is our big finale. it has an ending
    but that could apply to just the story Bendis was telling, not necessarily to the title itself.
    (Or does somebody have Marvel confirming the series is ending and there won't be any relaunch in the foreseeable future?)

Again, we don't know yet the Defenders comic book is "ending". Bendis said (tumbld?) but that could apply to just the story Bendis was telling, not necessarily to the title itself.
    (Or does somebody have Marvel confirming the series is ending and there won't be any relaunch in the foreseeable future?)
    Considering Defenders didn't get a legacy renumbering yet, I'd bet that post Bendis' departure we will see that happen with a new team.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Considering Defenders didn't get a legacy renumbering yet, I'd bet that post Bendis' departure we will see that happen with a new team.
    That's my thinking as well - probably a more traditional, mystical-based team, with Dr. Strange, or possibly even LOKI(!) at the helm. Not sure who would write though - maybe that newbie who's doing Dr. Strange nowadays?

Not sure who he is... I think he's done some TV-show work? As I understand it, he's new to comics at least.