Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 26667273747576
Results 1,126 to 1,130 of 1130
    Astonishing Member

But aren’t a lot of these clearly meant to be limited series? Can they really be called cancelled?

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    But aren’t a lot of these clearly meant to be limited series? Can they really be called cancelled?
    The word cancelled is almost as misused as "reboot". Often a book is called cancelled when a new number one comes out within a month or two. Dr. Strange is a great example of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    Umm KATE Pryde begs to differ
    All hail the Pirate Queen.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    The word cancelled is almost as misused as "reboot". Often a book is called cancelled when a new number one comes out within a month or two. Dr. Strange is a great example of this.
    Yeah, often books just end because their writers leave. Thor wasn't cancelled for example, and neither was Squirrel Girl, despite the fact that book isn't immediately relaunching. Sometimes we mistakenly THINK a book is cancelled - the covers of Champions vol 2 #18 and vol 3 #10 both looked like a cancellation. The second time it was, but the earlier issue was just the last one by that creative team and a new writer took over the following month without it even being renumbered.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

That was why I said these were all the series that "ended" rather than just being "cancelled". Because it can vary from series to series. Some because of low sales, some because the writers wanted to end the story and move on, and some for other outside factors. I just thought it was easier to list them all together rather than specifically trying to indicate which was definitively "cancelled" and which weren't, especially when sometimes the answer is more complicated and less obvious.