Page 19 of 76 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Yes yes yes, you want her dead and party on her grave.
    No I'll gladly pay for a teen team book featuring Nadia. She is cool

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    This is the teaser. If anyone who currently has a solo book isn' featured here, it's safe to say their book is cancelled by September or October.

Attachment 49124
    Took a few moments to find Frank (bottom row, far left). Okay, all is right with the world.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Wouldn't surprise me if Sorcerers Supreme is cancelled because I always thought it was a mini-series.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me if Sorcerers Supreme is cancelled because I always thought it was a mini-series.
    I thought that Sorcerers Supreme would be about the team of magicians that Strange had with him in the Last Days of Magic story. I would have read that book. Instead, it turned out to be something totally different that I had no interest in.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Took a few moments to find Frank (bottom row, far left). Okay, all is right with the world.
    I wonder how many of the faces on the picture are going to be around long term.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingsLeadHat View Post
    I've only browsed the Del Mundo issues, but I agree that his art is simply out of place on a mainstream book like Avengers. I also think he's talented, and would love to see him do something in the fantasy realm for example, but when I think Avengers art I think of John Buscema, John Byrne, George Perez, Alan Davis, etc. Iconic, clean, yet detailed.
    I agree with this . I tried out a couple of issues and as stingray says, using water color style is a big mistake IMO. Check out Infamous Iron Man who has colorist Matt Holligsworth over Maleev. That is how you can make that style work but that title is more about character development and not a team book. I'm glad Phil Noto is doing tomorrow's Avengers #7.

Didn't JR jr say Marvel is having trouble getting top artists?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I agree with this . I tried out a couple of issues and as stingray says, using water color style is a big mistake IMO. Check out Infamous Iron Man who has colorist Matt Holligsworth over Maleev. That is how you can make that style work but that title is more about character development and not a team book. I'm glad Phil Noto is doing tomorrow's Avengers #7.

Didn't JR jr say Marvel is having trouble getting top artists?
    Can't say I'm surprised. Between Marvel and the large number of books they're publishing, and DC with numerous bi-weekly titles, the strain on the artist pool at both companies must be close to reaching the breaking point.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Yeah a lot of top artists for Marvel left for DC due to better deals.

Marvel is running on low for both writers and artists.

The Great Image Migration that hit Marvel over the past five years hit them hard.

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Astonishing Member

Whilst I know tastes differ my appreciation of art in marvel books has declined considerably

There are few I would buy now where art is my main interest

Looking at the numbers, DC has just as many books selling under 20K as Marvel. It's just a typical Bleeding Cool clickbait article.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Comicfan111 View Post
    Looking at the numbers, DC has just as many books selling under 20K as Marvel. It's just a typical Bleeding Cool clickbait article.
    Difference there is most of the low sellers aren't DCU proper titles. DCU proper selling sub-20K are Cyborg, Blue Beetle, Superwoman and New Super-Man. Maybe Hellblazer?

Also, it appears Marvel is more trigger happy when it comes to cancellations. If those titles were from Marvel, they probably would've been cancelled already. Marvel appears to have higher profit margin targets than DC.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    Difference there is most of the low sellers aren't DCU proper titles. DCU proper selling sub-20K are Cyborg, Blue Beetle, Superwoman and New Super-Man. Maybe Hellblazer?

Also, it appears Marvel is more trigger happy when it comes to cancellations. If those titles were from Marvel, they probably would've been cancelled already. Marvel appears to have higher profit margin targets than DC.
    They are still books that DC are publishing.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Some what true Marvel's 39 to DC's 29 books selling under 20K, but looking at the titles is a different story.

DC's books on the list under 20K consist of thing like the Flintstones, Scooby Doo, Injustice and such titles with the only real "Rebirth" titles there being Superwoman, HellBlazer, New Superman, Cyorg, and Blue Beetle.

Marvel on the other hand you have Sam Wilson, Captain Marvel, U.S. Avengers, Ultimates 2, Nova, Thunderbolts, Black Panther (WOW), Occupy Avengers, Mosaic, TA Hulk, and many more in the main MU.

Basically the ones on the list for DC under 20K were expected to sell at that range with a few exceptions. Marvels are their disappointments that they hoped to become stars.

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post

I need to type faster, any way I think that Marvel is more trigger happy to green light new books and diluted their product with the throw every thing we can out there and see what sticks model that they use.
    Last edited by Moon Ronin; 05-09-2017 at 12:42 PM.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

They are still books that DC are publishing.
    Sure but they're books that are expected to sell at indie and licensed properties levels and do better in trades and comic shops know to order them accordingly (likely sub only or sub +1/2).
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja