Page 4 of 76 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

The two new titles I'm afraid getting cancelled is the new recently released Hawkeye Kate bishop series and the new she hulk series that'll start next week it's really difficult to say how long they'll last I really hope they don't get axed though.... The new Nadia pym wasp series which will debuting next month is also a series that sadly won't last long.... I really hope I'm wrong because I really want all three of those titles to survive passed two eve issues.

A ways away, but I fully expect The Black Bolt Solo and Secret Warriors to be done by issue 12 and then Royals by about issue 20

Seeing the creative team, roster and premise, Generation X is going to be the first x-book to be axed (it's obvious that X-editors want a book that features X-teens that aren't the O5 to fail).

I really hope that Spider-woman continues, but that cover looks like a cover for a final issue

I would like to see Prowler continue, but it would need an interesting and strong direction post Clone Conspirancy to achieve that. And about Hawkeye, I don't see it in danger. Thompson is following the direction of Fraction with Kate (which was an amazing run) and first issue had been a success.
    Last edited by Johnrevenge; 12-21-2016 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Zolalnadia View Post
    A ways away, but I fully expect The Black Bolt Solo and Secret Warriors to be done by issue 12 and then Royals by about issue 20
    I don't think so royals is the inhumans flagship book it's not going to be cancelled by issue 20 it is true that swings other main title ultimates struggles in the sales despite it being soooo amazing it sadly shows that even some of the best titles can't sell....

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Seeing the creative team, roster and premise, Generation X is going to be the first x-book to be axed (it's obvious that X-editors want a book that features X-teens that aren't the O5 to fail).

I really hope that Spider-woman continues, but that cover looks like a cover for a final issue

I would like to see Prowler continue, but it would need an interesting and strong direction post Clone Conspirancy to achieve that. And about Hawkeye, I don't see it in danger. Thompson is following the direction of Fraction with Kate (which was an amazing run) and first issue had been a success.
    True but this is also for Champions not having competition and because of the issue involving movie rights.

I hope to be wrong but GX does not have attractions for both new and old readers. Which is a shame considering that fans had to wait years for a new title with the young mutants .

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    True but this is also for Champions not having competition and because of the issue involving movie rights.

I hope to be wrong but GX does not have attractions for both new and old readers. Which is a shame considering that fans had to wait years for a new title with the young mutants .
    I think iceman will actually be definitely cancelled by issue 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post

They picked the wrong roster of characters, which was like a punch in the face towards the people who was expecting a book featuring the characters of the New X-men era, myself included. After the series get cancelled, we'll have to wait for more years till they decide to try and make another series featuring teen mutants that aren't the O5 .

And X-men Gold must quickly change of creative team, especially in the writting department if they want that series to survive (all the interviews he had done about X-men Gold didn't inspire too much faith...).
    Last edited by Johnrevenge; 12-21-2016 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    They picked the wrong roster of characters, which was like a punch in the face towards the people who was expecting a book featuring the characters of the New X-men era, myself included. After the series get cancelled, we'll have to wait for more years till they decide to try and make another series featuring teen mutants that aren't the O5 .
    Right. I was expecting at least a couple of the more noteworthy NXM characters to be featured. Unfortunately, it sounds like all the established characters are in a position to be cast as the jocks and snobs to the "loveable loser" team. I'm hoping Strain will avoid that trope, but I guess we'll see.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by electr1cgoblin View Post
    For heaven's sake, why doesn't Marvel just be honest and call most of their new launches "min series"? It's fairly obvious they have no reasonable plans to continue anything past the first year or two anymore.

Some of these books are good; you just get into them then they are canceled. They really don't give a lot of them a fair chance first.
    Part of the reason is a "numbers" game.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Right. I was expecting at least a couple of the more noteworthy NXM characters to be featured. Unfortunately, it sounds like all the established characters are in a position to be cast as the jocks and snobs to the "loveable loser" team. I'm hoping Strain will avoid that trope, but I guess we'll see.
    Seeing her work in magicians, I fear that she'll fall into that trope too much (that series proved that her strong point is not writing young characters...), which will put the established characters in a very bad position after the series cancellation. Also the interviews she had made, more or less give the idea that they will be in those tropes, as she had constantly said that the main characters will be the outcasts.
    Last edited by Johnrevenge; 12-21-2016 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Zolalnadia View Post
    Oh, yep.

Speaking of books ways away;

- Iceman, 12 issues.
    - Jean Grey, 12 issues.
    - Generation X, 12 issues. (maybe 1 more arc?)

Which is a shame because I'm really interested in all 3 of those titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    The two new titles I'm afraid getting cancelled is the new recently released Hawkeye Kate bishop series and the new she hulk series that'll start next week it's really difficult to say how long they'll last I really hope they don't get axed though.... The new Nadia pym wasp series which will debuting next month is also a series that sadly won't last long.... I really hope I'm wrong because I really want all three of those titles to survive passed two eve issues.
    She-Hulk will reach 12 for sure. Not sure about going past that but it's possible.

Kate's first ranking on the Diamond figures are yet to be seen, however 12 is the highest it can and will go. I'm thinking more like... 8. Same for America. But again, 12 is possible.

Wasp is a tricky one. If it's not aimed at the same audience as Hellcat and Moongirl and Squirrel Girl, it will get cancelled after first arc. If it's not the same audience, it will go past 15 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Part of the reason is a "numbers" game.
    As in "people don't like to read books with high numbers because they feel they've missed too much backstory"? Yeah, I've heard that. It's a shame. I never thought that when I was young and I bought FANTASTIC FOUR 116; I just saw the neat cover and dove right in. In fact, the high issue number made me think "wonder what kinds of neat stuff happened in the preceding 115 issues?"

Different world now, I guess. (sigh)

yeah even know if there's a new series I'm into and it's already past 12, I'll try to find a jumping on point instead of grabbing #1 just to see if I like it. I did that with Uncanny Avengers #15 for instance, and was glad I did! And actually, that's why I'm glad that Marvel will do these "___ Stars HERE!" things, like with the "Grounded" story arch in Guardians Of The Galaxy #15. It's kind of a way of saying to potential readers,'hey, it's alright if you didn't read the first 14. You can just start here.'

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    I don't think so royals is the inhumans flagship book it's not going to be cancelled by issue 20 it is true that swings other main title ultimates struggles in the sales despite it being soooo amazing it sadly shows that even some of the best titles can't sell....
    Remind me, what number is Uncanny Inhumans ending on? Oh yeah, 20!
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    1) Solo is cancelled? But only two issues have come out so far.
    No March solicit, it's gone. Issue 2 only sold 12k, so it's DOA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Thanks for the info.
    I know it's a horrible thing to say but I seriously can not wait to see which books get cancelled.

Hmmm... I'm just gonna make wild guesses for funzies;
    First thing that came to my mind is Squadron Supreme but I can't even see it on the March solicits so I guess it's cancelled already?
    Thunderbolts, Prowler, Mosaic, 2099, Silk, Power Man and Iron Fist, GLA.

We'll see I guess.
    Squadron Supreme wasn't even on the February solicits, definitely cancelled!
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-21-2016 at 03:33 PM.