Page 5 of 76 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by electr1cgoblin View Post
    For heaven's sake, why doesn't Marvel just be honest and call most of their new launches "min series"? It's fairly obvious they have no reasonable plans to continue anything past the first year or two anymore.

Some of these books are good; you just get into them then they are canceled. They really don't give a lot of them a fair chance first.
    Honestly it makes me question when was the last time Marvel had an actual mini-series that wasn't tie into an event of theirs ?

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    Also im hearing cap sam wilson is ending and the main cap book is going to 2xmonth full time.
    The solicit for March's issue of Sam's book says End of the Line... but if he stops being Cap, that'd affect him in the Avengers, so it'll be interesting to see what happens there. And if Steve Rogers goes twice monthly like X-Men Gold and X-Men Blue (I notice that Steve's book is double shipping in March), then there'll probably be other similar consolidations. DC used to have 52 books a month after all (hence the name New 52). Now it's about 30 different titles, but still around 50 a month, because a bunch of them are twice monthly. If Marvel does the same, a bunch of books are doomed.

Extraordinary Member

No Ant-Man. No Hellcat. I trade-wait Ms Marvel. Besides JJ, Marvel has nothing for me.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Remind me, what number is Uncanny Inhumans ending on? Oh yeah, 20!No March solicit, it's gone. Issue 2 only sold 12k, so it's DOA.Squadron Supreme wasn't even on the February solicits, definitely cancelled!
    With uncanny inhumans it made sense with them relaunching both the inhumans and X-men titles.

The uncanny inhumans I'm assuming didn't get axed or relaunched earlier not just because the the inevitable resurrexion reluanch for both the X-men and inhumans titles but because everyone is fully aware marvel is really trying to push the inhumans and honestly uncanny inhumans was great in my opinion despite selling poorly.... Silk is another great title and the ultimates but both sadly struggle to sell same thing with captain marvel like the writing and storytelling is amazing but they just really struggle to sell its the sad reality.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 12-21-2016 at 03:57 PM.

I suppose so. And if Secret Wars hadn't happened UIH would've still been Inhuman and close to double that number.

I don't think Secret Warriors will be gone as early as that poster said either. Quake and Kamala are both fairly popular, Moon Girl should grab it some sales in the Scholastic crowd too.

mosaic is on life support marvel just doesnt want to admit failure and is probably takin a huge loss on the book they literally sent out like 15,000 free copies of issue 2.. moon girl is in no danger as from what i heard its gets at least 25,000 to maybe 40k in sales be it a reduced rate for some school reading program. is anyone suprized foolkiller slapstick and solo are canceled marvel is probbaly gonna say that was part of the plan and have them slot back into deadpool, Doc strange and the sorcere supremes is a good book but extremely unnescarry but probably gets 12 issues after all teh money issue 1 made because of loot crate. Also im hearing cap sam wilson is ending and the main cap book is going to 2xmonth full time. Also just based on talking to a few other owners there will be a ton more canceleations coming after april may of this year
    I'm honestly only curious to see what will stick and what won't. I don't wish any series to end, because I know there are people who like those characters and their series, and I know very well what it feels like when you like something that gets cancelled... but if it doesn't sell, I understand the need to end it.

But with cancellations comes a new wave of #1, of new titles, and that always gets me hopeful. I'm usually disappointed, but still So if what you say is true, I'll have to be on the lookout this coming Spring. Right now my pull list is very, very short, and I hope to have new titles to lengthen it a bit.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    I don't think relaunchs will help at this point... Look at ultimates 2, it sold terribly, as it if was never relaunched
    Frankly, I used the relaunch as an excuse to stop reading. It's a shame if it doesn't sell well because it was continually interesting, it just wasn't compelling. And the biggest draw early on was the art, so the change in artist didn't help. Ultimately, I had other books that ended up being more important so I couldn't justify continuing to pay for it. I hope it manages to hold on so I can read it on Marvel Unlimited, but that's obviously not a great business model for Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    I think iceman will actually be definitely cancelled by issue 12.
    Hard to say is the biggest bet among the new titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Oh, yep.

Speaking of books ways away;

- Iceman, 12 issues.
    - Jean Grey, 12 issues.
    - Generation X, 12 issues. (maybe 1 more arc?)

Which is a shame because I'm really interested in all 3 of those titles.
    I'm going to buy all three but think GX does not last more than 10 issues.

Think Jean can maybe surprise and get to 15 issues.If were the adult would absolutely sure and might even pass that number.

Frankly, both Jean and Iceman might be always-planned 12 issue maxis, like Vision was. You can't drag on a Phoenix plot for too long.

Ultimate Member

mosaic is on life support marvel just doesnt want to admit failure and is probably takin a huge loss on the book they literally sent out like 15,000 free copies of issue 2.. moon girl is in no danger as from what i heard its gets at least 25,000 to maybe 40k in sales be it a reduced rate for some school reading program. is anyone suprized foolkiller slapstick and solo are canceled marvel is probbaly gonna say that was part of the plan and have them slot back into deadpool, Doc strange and the sorcere supremes is a good book but extremely unnescarry but probably gets 12 issues after all teh money issue 1 made because of loot crate. Also im hearing cap sam wilson is ending and the main cap book is going to 2xmonth full time. Also just based on talking to a few other owners there will be a ton more canceleations coming after april may of this year
    You the mean the same owners who have blamed Marvel for loss of business? The same ones who openly called for folks to be fired?

If Falcon's book was ending in two months-issue 13 should have been the end. If the rumors are true-we should have an ending at issue 25 as it would have something to do with Steve's book.

Trade 2 only includes issue 7-8.

Trade 3 should include issues 9-14

Trade 4 15-20

Trade 5 21-25

For heaven's sake, why doesn't Marvel just be honest and call most of their new launches "min series"? It's fairly obvious they have no reasonable plans to continue anything past the first year or two anymore.

Some of these books are good; you just get into them then they are canceled. They really don't give a lot of them a fair chance first.
    Because uppity fans won't touch a mini series.

I think all these books are minis under the guides of ongoings. They are being treated like Ms Marvel was at first-that book was not suppose to last beyond issue 6. Same with 80s Transformers, Cap Planet & Pirates of Dark Water books that lasted beyond their set runs.

And why would Marvel be honest? when you look at fan reactions?

Fans PLOTTING to boycott books?

Fans OPENLY hostile towards fanbases?

Fans OPENLY hostile to books they are NOT reading?

It gets to a point of nobody can really now how a book performs when so many at HATED before the first preview?

If Moon Girl is killing at school reading programs-how soon does Marvel begin to say screw the comic book stores and just focus on that other venue?

Do I care about the hostile comic book fan who would fight tooth and nail to bury stuff they don't like?

Or go after the folks who did not care about comic books sales or who is icon this or that-but like the odd ball stuff?

I don't understand how you can tell whether a book is going to be cancelled or not, based on sales numbers.

What sales numbers are good and what numbers are in the canceled zone?

Also if Marvel is going by the tv seasons thing, won't they be back soon?

I also do agree with skyvolt2000 on the snobbery when it comes to mini's. It seems like a lot of people wouldn't bother with a book if they knew it was a mini, which is a shame. So I can understand why Marvel would be reluctant to divulge whether a book is one.
    Last edited by Crimz; 12-21-2016 at 06:07 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I don't understand how you can tell whether a book is going to be cancelled or not, based on sales numbers.

What sales numbers are good and what numbers are in the canceled zone?

Also if Marvel is going by the tv seasons thing, won't they be back soon?

I also do agree with skyvolt2000 on the snobbery when it comes to mini's. It seems like a lot of people wouldn't bother with a book if they knew it was a mini, which is a shame. So I can understand why Marvel would be reluctant to divulge whether a book is one.
    I've read that conventional wisdom says any title selling under 25,000 copies a month is ripe for cancellation. But I've seen books sell much less and not get canned, so who knows?
    Last edited by electr1cgoblin; 12-21-2016 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by electr1cgoblin View Post
    I've read that conventional wisdom says any title selling under 25,000 copies a month is ripe for cancellation. But I've seen books sell much less and get canned, so who knows?
    I always though it was a 21,000-20,000 cutoff where it seemed pretty likely a book was going to end.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I always though it was a 21,000-20,000 cutoff where it seemed pretty likely a book was going to end.

You could be right; I'm just going by what I heard. (I corrected my post; it should have said I had seen books sell much less and NOT get canned!) I think ultimately some books are given more chances than others, probably due to editorial pressures.

Ultimate Member

I have to correct something it looks like Marvel is now doing trades with 5 issues.

Sam's 3rd trade is issues 9-13.

Trade 4 is should be 14-18. It won't get listed until probably around August with trade 3 set for Feb 2017.

Since we have issue 19- trade 5 should be 19-23.

Trade 6 24-28.

Unless there is some crossover to eat up space-I would expect the book to end with issue 25.