Page 68 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1858646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1130

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Whoa Gwen is gone too?

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Saw those Avengers in the Runaways crossovers. Didn't really do anything for me.

That could work; Kate and Jessica had a good report in that Hawkeye issue.
    If you like Runways and Kate, you'll probably like Young Avengers too, especially since that's where Kate started out.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Whoa Gwen is gone too?
    I think Rodriguez means he was aping Romita snr's art style in the last issue of Spider-Gwen that he did, where she meets 616 Gwen.

Mighty Member

Sad that Black Bolt ends at #12. One of the strongest current Big Two solo books, hope it gets similar recognition to Tom King's Vision series.
    And, that is what I was looking for in this thread. Ahmed has relied a little too heavily on narration boxes in recent issues. But, I am going to miss this series, if only because it is unique in tone.

Not sure that "Black Bolt" was only meant to be 12 issues though. "the Vision" is the complete series that it was billed as. "Black Bolt" is truncated, which will hurt its over-all impact.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    And, that is what I was looking for in this thread. Ahmed has relied a little too heavily on narration boxes in recent issues. But, I am going to miss this series, if only because it is unique in tone.

Not sure that "Black Bolt" was only meant to be 12 issues though. "the Vision" is the complete series that it was billed as. "Black Bolt" is truncated, which will hurt its over-all impact.
    According to Ahmed, he initially planned a single arc with the option of a second. Marvel liked it so much they gave him the go ahead, that's why BB ends at issue #12 instead of #6.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post

What rpmaluki said. Though just in general, I feel like most comic readers use "ending" and "cancelled" synonymously so I feel like it doesn't matter much. Based on how I see some readers talking about Silver Surfer being "cancelled."

The plusside is that with only the first arc out, Black Bolt had already landed on so many "best-of" and "top-whatever" lists at the end of 2017. That word-of-mouth helped a lot for Tom King's Omega Men (ended up being a NY Times Bestseller) and Vision.

Downside is that Black Bolt's an Inhuman. Inhumans getting a lot of flack from Death of X/Inhumans vs X-Men and the Inhumans tv show. So fewer people willing to try it out (idk how much that impacts the bookstore crowd, if at all though).

I'm feeling Tom King (Omega Men -> Vision -> Sheriff of Babylon -> Mister Miracle) vibes of excitement when reading Ahmed. Really excited to follow his work.
    Floppies as of November: Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman, Catwoman, The Green Lantern, Black Panther, Dead Man Logan, Domino, Exiles, Iceman, Immortal Hulk
    Digital as of November: Daughters of the Dragon, Iron Fist: Phantom Limb, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage.

The interesting thing about Black Bolt is that apparently started life as an Absorbing Man pitch: https://www.cbr.com/marvel-black-bol...-series-pitch/

Now, I've only read the first trade of Black Bolt. But you can definitely see that The first 6 issues are about Boltagon, of course, but they're also about Creel just as much, if not more so. To a lesser degree they are about the other characters as well. You could have dropped a different protagonist in, and the first part of the story could probably have worked as well. In contrast, it's unimaginable to think of the themes of Vision being centred around anyone other than Vision.

Now as to whether the story being called "Black Bolt" hurt it commercially, well, probably. But then that's true of a lot of series not called Spider-Man, or Wolverine, or Deadpool. That's just the nature of the market.

Wonder if they will relaunch it under "ghost spider?" Isn't that the name the are calling her now?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Wonder if they will relaunch it under "ghost spider?" Isn't that the name the are calling her now?
    That's the name they're trying to move her towards, apparently.

It's her name in the upcoming Marvel Rising franchise.

In the Spider-Man cartoon, it remains to be seen what happens in season 2, but in the first season Spider-Gwen was her OFFICIAL name, as she didn't bother with the secret identity. Both her and Anya only got powers from Spider-Island though and we don't know if they kept them or will reacquire them by other means. If they do, will the girls adopt a superhero identity? And if so, will Gwen be Spider-Woman or Ghost Spider, and will Anya be Spider-Girl or Arana? Their merchandise is labelled Spider-Gwen and Anya Corazon respectively, though Miles's is labelled Kid Arachnid, his name from Ultimate Spider-Man, he didn't take a proper codename yet in the show either.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    The solicit for #18 talked about the epic conclusion of the story, so I would imagine that's the final issue.

I hear you on the books I get into getting cancelled. I tend to shy away from the major books like Spider-Man or the Avengers, but I'm starting to think I should read them if only because then my books won't be cancelled.
    Nope not the case. Marvel as a publisher is and has been now in a publishing cycle where few books see past #25.
    They are going to stop/start/renumber for the foreseeable future and what you buy monthly has little to no barring.

I've all but stopped monthly titles. My last two guilty pleasures have been Punisher and Moon Knight for the last few years but once those Legacy bannered runs are inevitably cancelled I'll be free of Marvel monthly books as well. Relegating myself to trades only as I've done with DC when Rebirth began. It's just cheaper.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member

look like the "missing One shot known as DAZZLER #53 IS finally coming my apologies if this news is late....!!!

Dazzler #43, actually, but it's a now a #1 called Dazzler X Song.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

According to Ahmed, he initially planned a single arc with the option of a second. Marvel liked it so much they gave him the go ahead, that's why BB ends at issue #12 instead of #6.
    Odd. I take your word for it. But, for some reason, it feels like "Black Bolt" is being truncated.

Downside is that Black Bolt's an Inhuman. Inhumans getting a lot of flack from Death of X/Inhumans vs X-Men and the Inhumans tv show. So fewer people willing to try it out (idk how much that impacts the bookstore crowd, if at all though).
    The bookstore crowd is not going to care about Inhumans/X-Men drama, or fan complaints. But, if the television series makes a poor showing, that could deter the bookstore readers.

Marvel getting the X-license back ain't likely to help the Inhumans get a push either though.

Relegating myself to trades only as I've done with DC when Rebirth began. It's just cheaper.
    I am partially doing this. But, I do not have the patience to trade-wait for everything.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Looks like Falcon is toast, it's missing from the solicits.